Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Michael Jordan is Working Out With Willie Anderson
(03-05-2021, 02:43 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How the hell do you know anything whatsoever about people’s personal lives here?

You didn't know? It's ok to complain and make accusations about people complaining, but it's not ok to complain about players not playing well. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2021, 01:30 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You didn't know? It's ok to complain and make accusations about people complaining, but it's not ok to complain about players not playing well. 

It is fine to complain about players not playing well and plenty of threads to do just that, but this thread was about a player who is not playing well seeking help to play better. So, what happens. Some feel the need to ignore that and trash the player by calling him garbage. BTW, no human being should be called garbage period. Those who do that need to look in the mirror or smell the stink in their own surroundings.

So please complain some more about a player working to get better??????????? That is what the thread is about.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Not going to lie I passed this thread over thinking willie was training with the NBA’s GOAT ?
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2021, 01:46 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It is fine to complain about players not playing well and plenty of threads to do just that, but this thread was about a player who is not playing well seeking help to play better. So, what happens. Some feel the need to ignore that and trash the player by calling him garbage. BTW, no human being should be called garbage period. Those who do that need to look in the mirror or smell the stink in their own surroundings.

So please complain some more about a player working to get better??????????? That is what the thread is about.

We should support all our bengal players good and bad and hope for their best in my opinion. Based on last year I wouldn’t want him to start but if he wants to bust his ass and it results in a all pro kind of year than that’s only good for us. If he stinks well he’ll find his way out eventually.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2021, 01:46 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It is fine to complain about players not playing well and plenty of threads to do just that, but this thread was about a player who is not playing well seeking help to play better. So, what happens. Some feel the need to ignore that and trash the player by calling him garbage. BTW, no human being should be called garbage period. Those who do that need to look in the mirror or smell the stink in their own surroundings.

Just like sandwedge's comment, how is disparaging a fan better, or ok, than disparaging a player?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

God and here I am again just disgusted with how sorry and soft our fan base is and then I look at our football team and they are sorry and soft. Stfu for goodness sake and let people be pissed at poor play. If someone says someone’s garbage it’s just they think they suck at what they do. Michael Jordan I’m sure is a great guy but he’s a garbage nfl guard and until that changes people are gonna call him garbage. Buck up get better and as a fan quit white knighting for those who u don’t even know if they want it or not. But to get so bent out of shape and sissy like cuz someone called another player garbage is just the bs to a T in what we see today. Lemme guess u want this to be a safe space for the players to be praised and not held accountable. U soft as a muffin bro
Reply/Quote

Actually, the thread was about this being a reason the team won't be super active in FA or preparing us for the articles about all is well after missing on some of the top G options.

See the part about Hopson spinning this and the fluff piece.

Sure, I have serious doubts about Jordan, but my biggest fear is that he'll be handed the starting job by beating Redmon and XSF. That doesn't really show if there was improvement.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2021, 11:41 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Thanks Sunset! You get it! I've never understood people calling other trash? 
Jordan is young and big as hell, so any kind of help he can get to get better should be praised.

Take an hour and watch the videos of Jordan, starting as a true Freshman, at LG.  The man can move, find a target, and execute as well as any of the upperclassmen that he's playing with and against.  In pass pro, you can see that his designed role is to secure to the outside with the Tackle, when he's uncovered.  However, he always has his head looking for other targets, and comfortably releases and engages the free rusher.

It's plainly obvious that the man has the physical ability to execute, along with the discipline to stick with his priority of assignments.  That means that they guy is not only physically capable, but understands and executes plans and techniques that have been coached to him.  Do I think that Mike Jordan should have been thrown out there to start as a rookie?  Absolutely not.  Am I ready to throw him onto the scrap heap, at this early of a point in his career?  Hell no.  Let him fully develop as a mature man, before condemning him as not good enough.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I still hold out hope for Jordan.He’s still very young,and could turn things around this year and have a bright future ahead.I’m sure part of this well publicized effort of him working with Anderson has a lot to do with him redeeming himself after what happened.I think Burrows injury,by Jordan watching film on it over and over probably had a lot to do with this sudden burst of motivation.I also am a long way from giving up hope on Fred Johnson.I think he has more potential than does Jordan.And I believe he’s only 23 yrs.old as well.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2021, 12:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What a ridiculous post. We’re not allowed to criticize an absolutely terrible player just because he’s trying to get better? Would I find anything negative wrt John Ross in your posting history even after he worked with TJ? Or is this a pick and choose kinda thing (especially if said player went to OSU).

Why would you criticize a player for trying and looking to get better?? I don't understand why a grown man would be so immature, that he has to be on here 24/7 criticizing a young man, calling him trash or garbage, for trying to get better at his job.. As for your hatred for anything OSU you've been more than ridiculous about it. Go ahead, if you have nothing better to do and try and find a post by me that bad mouthings a player or coach. It has nothing to do with be a "homer", it soley rest on the fact, it doesn't do any good to ***** like a school girl over something you can't control.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2021, 02:00 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Just like sandwedge's comment, how is disparaging a fan better, or ok, than disparaging a player?

So it is ok to disparage another person trying, yet when the table gets turn on us, it's offensive? Got it.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2021, 03:14 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Actually, the thread was about this being a reason the team won't be super active in FA or preparing us for the articles about all is well after missing on some of the top G options.

See the part about Hopson spinning this and the fluff piece.

Sure, I have serious doubts about Jordan, but my biggest fear is that he'll be handed the starting job by beating Redmon and XSF. That doesn't really show if there was improvement.

But what if Willie helps him out and Pollock get's him playing at high level? 
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2021, 02:15 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: God and here I am again just disgusted with how sorry and soft our fan base is and then I look at our football team and they are sorry and soft.  Stfu for goodness sake and let people be pissed at poor play.  If someone says someone’s garbage it’s just they think they suck at what they do.  Michael Jordan I’m sure is a great guy but he’s a garbage nfl guard and until that changes people are gonna call him garbage.  Buck up get better and as a fan quit white knighting for those who u don’t even know if they want it or not.  But to get so bent out of shape and sissy like cuz someone called another player garbage is just the bs to a T in what we see today.  Lemme guess u want this to be a safe space for the players to be praised and not held accountable.  U soft as a muffin bro
More dribble from someone that should take his own advice and be quiet
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2021, 12:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What a ridiculous post. We’re not allowed to criticize an absolutely terrible player just because he’s trying to get better? Would I find anything negative wrt John Ross in your posting history even after he worked with TJ? Or is this a pick and choose kinda thing (especially if said player went to OSU).

Dude, that is some fruit that isn't even low hanging, it's rotting on the ground..  John Ross was a fraud, a complete mistake of a 1st round selection that had no drive, desire, or perceivable work ethic to do what it takes to become successful at the NFL level.  His accomplishments in college came easy, because he could run in a straight line faster than other college kids he played against.  

Mike Jordan is a completely different story.  The guy was sort of historic in college, by starting on the OL as a true Freshman.  Not only did he hold his own at LG, he got promoted to Center the next season.  His film in college shows much potential.  It's easily recognizable that Jordan has physical ability, game smarts, instincts, and coachability.  Throwing a young, 4th round pick to fill the shoes of a seasoned veteran like Clint Boling was just assinine.

You might want to start judging players on an individual basis, before you go accusing people of having "bias" on account of where they went to school.  Continuing to argue in that fashion is not only lazy on your part, but also insulting to the people you are arguing with.  Just sayin'..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2021, 11:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Dude, that is some fruit that isn't even low hanging, it's rotting on the ground..  John Ross was a fraud, a complete mistake of a 1st round selection that had no drive, desire, or perceivable work ethic to do what it takes to become successful at the NFL level.  His accomplishments in college came easy, because he could run in a straight line faster than other college kids he played against.  

Mike Jordan is a completely different story.  The guy was sort of historic in college, by starting on the OL as a true Freshman.  Not only did he hold his own at LG, he got promoted to Center the next season.  His film in college shows much potential.  It's easily recognizable that Jordan has physical ability, game smarts, instincts, and coachability.  Throwing a young, 4th round pick to fill the shoes of a seasoned veteran like Clint Boling was just assinine.

You might want to start judging players on an individual basis, before you go accusing people of having "bias" on account of where they went to school.  Continuing to argue in that fashion is not only lazy on your part, but also insulting to the people you are arguing with.  Just sayin'..

Oh please. According to Sandwedge we shouldn’t be shitting on a player who’s actively trying to improve, yet nearly everyone here did just that even after Ross went and worked out with TJ in the offseason. It’s hypocritical no matter how you want to slice it.

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2021, 11:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Dude, that is some fruit that isn't even low hanging, it's rotting on the ground..  John Ross was a fraud, a complete mistake of a 1st round selection that had no drive, desire, or perceivable work ethic to do what it takes to become successful at the NFL level.  His accomplishments in college came easy, because he could run in a straight line faster than other college kids he played against.  

It even took a decent player like Clint Boling a bit to look serviceable at first.

I'll hold my judgement on Jordan because of his youth and rawness.

Like many have said.  He's okay for a project backup guy for now, but should not be "a given" for the starting position.

Good intentions by the FO/Coaching for sculpting a young player into an NFL lineman or being lazy at filling the O-line can be two different things!

Let's just hope it's not only the latter.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2021, 11:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Oh please. According to Sandwedge we shouldn’t be shitting on a player who’s actively trying to improve, yet nearly everyone here did just that even after Ross went and worked out with TJ in the offseason. It’s hypocritical no matter how you want to slice it.

Ross putting on the facade of working with TJ is what was really hypocritical.  Housh was nothing but a lunch pail, work every minute of every day kind of player.  Ross was just a track guy trying to cash in on some NFL money..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2021, 11:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ross putting on the facade of working with TJ is what was really hypocritical.  Housh was nothing but a lunch pail, work every minute of every day kind of player.  Ross was just a track guy trying to cash in on some NFL money..

Ross sucks. Jordan sucks. Both worked with former Bengal greats to try and not suck so much. It didn’t help Ross. We’ll see how Jordan looks going forward. Considering he was Ogbuehi/Fisher level bad I’m not hopeful.

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2021, 11:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ross sucks. Jordan sucks. 
And I'm saying that Jordan doesn't "suck", he has had his career derailed by some bad coaching.  Coaching that not only caused the abrupt retirement of Clint Boling, the refusal to play by Cordy Glenn, but also the protracted development of any and all young OL that were on the team at that time.  Now that the leadership in the OL room has changed, we'll see how he does.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2021, 10:23 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Why would you criticize a player for trying and looking to get better?? I don't understand why a grown man would be so immature, that he has to be on here 24/7 criticizing a young man, calling him trash or garbage, for trying to get better at his job.. As for your hatred for anything OSU you've been more than ridiculous about it. Go ahead, if you have nothing better to do and try and find a post by me that bad mouthings a player or coach. It has nothing to do with be a "homer", it soley rest on the fact, it doesn't do any good to ***** like a school girl over something you can't control.

It also doesn’t do any good to stick your head in the sand (pun not intended lol) and pretend like all our players are going to work out either. Many of them won’t. Jordan has been horrendous, and there’s nothing wrong with not wanting to see him starting going forward. Regardless who he’s currently working with. Not sure how that equals being a “high school girl.”

As far “hating OSU?” I don’t. I just find the fans that can’t separate their college and NFL fandoms obnoxious.

Reply/Quote