Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown-We want to help Joe
Mike thinks Paul would have loved this team

"I think so. Joe is a smart player and that shines through," Brown said. "He's accurate, he's tough as nails. We want to do some things to help him.

"This team has what (Paul Brown) prized most. The ability to throw the ball."

Brown says they plan to improve. That starts in two weeks at the NFL scouting combine.

"I think we have the core of a top team, we'll add to it and I think we can make it better,"

Hopefully, his statements mean what we hope it means

https://www.bengals.com/news/city-rallies-for-bengals-one-final-time-in-a-special-season-as-mike-brown-reflec

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Since I'm a fan, his words excite me. They are concise and to the point: Burrow can throw the ball, we have a good core, time to improve the team (hopefully the OL). The foundation has been laid for the off season plan and now it is time for Duke, Zac, and the organization to get to work and improve the team.

I want Zac following McVay 2.0 by getting back to, and winning, the Super Bowl.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They would have to just sell the team at rock bottom prices if they didn't plan to improve the Oline.. Joe wouldn't stay if they didn't or at least I wouldn't if I were him.. There's loyalty, then there is blind loyalty. I doubt Joe is that blind and I don't believe the FO is that blind, but you never know anymore.. I guess the biggest concern is either picking the wrong players in FA or missing on the draft.. Both are a crap shoot. heck..every player for every position is a crapshoot to some degree..Anyone can get injured or just resign at any time.. You just never know..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 11:48 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Since I'm a fan, his words excite me. They are concise and to the point: Burrow can throw the ball, we have a good core, time to improve the team (hopefully the OL). The foundation has been laid for the off season plan and now it is time for Duke, Zac, and the organization to get to work and improve the team.

I want Zac following McVay 2.0 by getting back to, and winning, the Super Bowl.

I want Zac to beat McVay by taking the team to and winning the superbowl without breaking the bank and mortgaging their future..  That would be far more impressive..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
In my mind there's no doubt they are going to try & improve that line.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals don’t have to break the bank to improve the line in FA. I think many veterans will realize they can win in Cincinnati which should help.
Reply/Quote
Bring on the big uglies.

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 11:38 AM)pally Wrote: Mike thinks Paul would have loved this team

"I think so. Joe is a smart player and that shines through," Brown said. "He's accurate, he's tough as nails. We want to do some things to help him.

"This team has what (Paul Brown) prized most. The ability to throw the ball."

Brown says they plan to improve. That starts in two weeks at the NFL scouting combine.

"I think we have the core of a top team, we'll add to it and I think we can make it better,"

Hopefully, his statements mean what we hope it means

https://www.bengals.com/news/city-rallies-for-bengals-one-final-time-in-a-special-season-as-mike-brown-reflec

Nice to hear Mike Brown say this, but it's an obvious "Duh!"

The key will be HOW the Bengals plan to help.
Fans will not be satisfied just throwing some draft picks to the existing group.
Even adding some FAs won't appease the fans if the player (or players) added isn't a confident upgrade.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Mike time is running out... I appreciate him coming out and saying something. I believe him... get an O-Line and we will be back
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I know Joe Burrow is tough,he’s showed us that,especially in the game against the Titans.But,I don’t care how tough you might think you are,the fact is,he’s still human,and he bleeds just like the rest of us.If he’s not careful,he will have a very short NFL career.Case in point,Andrew Luck.Under the circumstances,Joe now has some leverage here,and he should have some say as to the decisions going forward with this team.He needs to be more vocal.

If I were Joe Burrow,I would threaten with a trade request,if they aren’t willing to seriously address the issues with this OL.
Reply/Quote
This talent outside of Oline is incredible if we improve Oline if Zac is a halfway decent coach we could be 2006 Pats type of dominant.
Reply/Quote
This is good to hear but would have rather it had been phrased that "we are going to do everything in our power to protect Joe and it will start at combine but definitely include scouring FA as well "

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Look at how may teams we slaughtered with a bad Oline. Ravens twice Steelers twice Lions. Get protection 2 thirds of games we may win by blowouts
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 11:55 AM)grampahol Wrote: I want Zac to beat McVay by taking the team to and winning the superbowl without breaking the bank and mortgaging their future..  That would be far more impressive..

Our rebuild involved 5 losing seasons in a row with 6 wins in 2 years to get Burrow and Chase.  The Rams mortgaged the future and we mortgaged the present now past. 

The Rams misfired on their high draft pics like Bradford, that oline guy they took high, Goff and Gurley.  It isn't ideal to botch the draft, but to make 2 SBs and win one despite it takes some effort. 

It takes some real luck and thought to be in the SB mix without either bottoming out before or paying the price later.  
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 12:51 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I know Joe Burrow is tough,he’s showed us that,especially in the game against the Titans.But,I don’t care how tough you might think you are,the fact is,he’s still human,and he bleeds just like the rest of us.If he’s not careful,he will have a very short NFL career.Case in point,Andrew Luck.Under the circumstances,Joe now has some leverage here,and he should have some say as to the decisions going forward with this team.He needs to be more vocal.

If I were Joe Burrow,I would threaten with a trade request,if they aren’t willing to seriously address the issues with this OL
Did you not read what MB said? As for Joe requesting a trade, we are far from that. 
Reply/Quote
If I get can retain there core FAs and sign/trade assets to build the line, the schedule next year looks much easier.

Get Moses, Daniels and either Jensen or Linderbaum, cut/trade some of those other guys, and they would have a top 15 O line
Reply/Quote
Something has to be done. Burrow's been sacked over 120 times and has suffered two knee injuries in two years. Can't ignore it, can't do half-measures.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 01:45 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Something has to be done. Burrow's been sacked over 120 times and has suffered two knee injuries in two years. Can't ignore it, can't do half-measures.

That number can’t be right. It was 70 total this season (51 reg season + 19 playoffs). I don’t think he was sacked 50 times in 10 games last year.

But yes, it’s way too many whatever the exact amount is.

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 01:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That number can’t be right. It was 70 total this season (51 reg season + 19 playoffs). I don’t think he was sacked 50 times in 10 games last year.

But yes, it’s way too many whatever the exact amount is.

I could be misremembering.  Certainly hope I am, anyway.  Thanks for calling it out.

Re-sign a couple of our key defensive players, sign a couple of offensive line STARTERS in free agency, and maaaaaaybe have a phone call with Gronk.  Make this offense too powerful to stop.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Maybe Mike is smarter than all of us and knew Andy and Carson were not worth it, lol. He was waiting for the one.
Reply/Quote