Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown doesn't care about you...
As i just posted in another thread, the owner of the Cincinnati Bengals does not care, not even the smallest amount, about you, your opinion of him, his team or coaches, nor anyone's opinion about his team. 

The only thing that matters is the profit.

As long as you continue to care about the Bengals, buy tickets and merchandise and invest your time and emotions, you are enabling Mike Brown to continue to operate the way he does. With no regard to how you feel about it. 

Your apathy is the only thing that can change this.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
YES!!!!  ThumbsUp

Post of the freakin year here people! Read it, absorb it and take it to heart. If you continue to buy tickets, you are a HUGE part of the problem. If you truly want changes, stop giving Mike Brown your money. If you hope for changes yet continue to buy tickets, well... You're as clueless as Marvin Lewis in the second half of a game where you have the lead.
Reply/Quote
I'm sure Bill Bellichick and the Rooneys just go around offering their fan-bases free back massages. It's possible to be successful and still care zilch about the unwashed masses.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 07:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm sure Bill Bellichick and the Rooneys just go around offering their fan-bases free back massages.  It's possible to be successful and still care zilch about the unwashed masses.

It may be possible but not probable. But you have to actually want to win as well and it seems that MB has proven if nothing else that losing doesn't phase him in the least.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 07:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm sure Bill Bellichick and the Rooneys just go around offering their fan-bases free back massages.  It's possible to be successful and still care zilch about the unwashed masses.

If they were, i wouldn't give a damn what he thinks of me, or the masses.

Neither would anyone else.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 07:48 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: As i just posted in another thread, the owner of the Cincinnati Bengals does not care, not even the smallest amount, about you, your opinion of him, his team or coaches, nor anyone's opinion about his team. 

[Image: 65118969.jpg]

You're just trying to hurt my feelings.  Cry

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 08:00 PM)R3stangs Wrote: It may be possible but not probable. But you have to actually want to win as well and it seems that MB has proven if nothing else that losing doesn't phase him in the least.

Ok, well wanting to win and caring about fans aren't the same thing is all I wanted to point out.  Winning leads to more fans, leads to more money, and so on.  That in itself should be motivation enough to win BUT Mike Brown seemed to realize long ago that his desire to provide himself, his family, his friends, and lackeys with jobs isn't conducive to winning; thus he made the choice to place THAT above winning.

That's just my deduction.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 08:03 PM)Burma Wrote: [Image: 65118969.jpg]

You're just trying to hurt my feelings.  Cry

If it leads to your apathy towards the Bengals, then, yes i am. :)

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 08:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If it leads to your apathy towards the Bengals, then, yes i am. :)

I'm not in full apathetic mode yet, but this season has been the closest to it.  

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
Jaguars just fired their HC after their game today. They have some young talent, but just werent good this year. They may not be good with their new coach, who knows. But hey, at least they are making a change in hopes of getting better and winning in the playoffs in the next few years. Bengals though, nah, just keep the status quo in hopes that success just happens like a Christmas miracle.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 08:20 PM)Burma Wrote: I'm not in full apathetic mode yet, but this season has been the closest to it.  

[Image: so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 08:20 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Jaguars just fired their HC after their game today. They have some young talent, but just werent good this year. They may not be good with their new coach, who knows. But hey, at least they are making a change in hopes of getting better and winning in the playoffs in the next few years. Bengals though, nah, just keep the status quo in hopes that success just happens like a Christmas miracle.

Every time a real NFL teams does this, it makes me cry inside a little.

Reply/Quote
An owner who hasn't won a playoff game in 26+ years that has yet to make any drastic organizational changes obviously isn't going to let fan pressure get to him.

Look...he went through the 90's losing all of those games and didn't hire significantly more scouts or a GM. He kept on doing what he was doing.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 08:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: An owner who hasn't won a playoff game in 26+ years that has yet to make any drastic organizational changes obviously isn't going to let fan pressure get to him.

Look...he went through the 90's losing all of those games and didn't hire significantly more scouts or a GM. He kept on doing what he was doing.

A fact that should open the eyes of every Bengals fan. 

Reply/Quote
The thought of Marvin getting fired gets me excited, hell even gives the ole lady a wide on but it will change nothing. The only coach we will get here will be someone just happy to be a HC not caring about the fact that Mike Brown will not give them the amount of control needed to be successful. Marvin has more control than any coach ever has under Mikey, Sad but Marvin may be the best we can get. We get what Mikey wants us to get and thats it. There are tons of problems with this team from coaches to players but none bigger than the owner.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 08:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: A fact that should open the eyes of every Bengals fan. 

This team could keep self-destructing in the playoffs, come out and say that they aren't going to spend money on free agents, drafting injured guys who will be red-shirted for 2-3 years who will ultimately replace someone we can't afford...and a large percentage of the fan base will be happy with the team and talk about how things are going in the right direction. It's the nature of fans.

Marvin needed fired after the meltdown in the playoffs last season. It was epic. It showed he had totally lost control of the team. He needed replaced.

IF an owner doesn't think the issue is the coach...then at minimum you let Jones leave in free agency. Nope. Brought back.

Epic meltdown. No changes.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 08:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This team could keep self-destructing in the playoffs, come out and say that they aren't going to spend money on free agents, drafting injured guys who will be red-shirted for 2-3 years who will ultimately replace someone we can't afford...and a large percentage of the fan base will be happy with the team and talk about how things are going in the right direction. It's the nature of fans.

Marvin needed fired after the meltdown in the playoffs last season. It was epic. It showed he had totally lost control of the team. He needed replaced.

IF an owner doesn't think the issue is the coach...then at minimum you let Jones leave in free agency. Nope. Brought back.

Epic meltdown. No changes.

Of all the cities in the world i could have been born in...or lived in the majority of my life...it just so happens, it was Cincinnati (kind of). 

Lovely...

Reply/Quote
I have no idea how Mike Brown could be around this game his entire life and be so clueless. The entire staff is a joke. They will never win with him as the owner. He is the joke of all NFL owners. The odds of not winning a playoff game in 26 yrs are probably far higher than winning the SB. He will always be known as a loser in Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 08:31 PM)TKUHL Wrote: The thought of Marvin getting fired gets me excited, hell even gives the ole lady a wide on but it will change nothing. The only coach we will get here will be someone just happy to be a HC not caring about the fact that Mike Brown will not give them the amount of control needed to be successful. Marvin has more control than any coach ever has under Mikey, Sad but Marvin may be the best we can get. We get what Mikey wants us to get and thats it. There are tons of problems with this team from coaches to players but none bigger than the owner.

EXACTLY! You get it. Firing the HC is just putting paint on a building with a crumbling foundation.

The team needs to change it's philosophy if it wants to compete. Start occasionally signing free agents. Change the draft philosophy. Start playing rookies and younger players. Start drafting lighter LB's who can run and cover.
Reply/Quote
I see. So, if I care more about the team, then Mike will care about me?

By God, that's just what I'll do, then ThumbsUp
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote