Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Daniels Re-signs
Though it's not official until tomorrow, I have it on very good authority that the Bengals are re-signing Mike Daniels.

I love the fire he brings to the team. From what I hear, he was very instrumental in getting the defense (if not the whole team) mentally prepared to beat the shit out of Pittsburgh on MNF.

WHO DEY!!
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like it.

Reply/Quote
I'm all for it. Hopefully he can regain some of the Pro Bowl form he had in Green Bay, but even if he doesn't, good depth and locker room guy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Awesome. I've been calling for his re-signing since late last season. A force against the run.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 01:34 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I like it.

So do I.  I see what the Coach Taylor Bengals are doing last few off seasons. These 1st Round picks before Taylor who never lived up to 1st Round money are being let go.  Green the exception because he did have great years, just not lately.  Ogbuehi, Jackson, Ross are Gone, and Price probably soon to follow if he doesn't get with it.  Bengals using that Cap Money to rebuild keeping players like Daniels from within, but looking outside as last few years bringing in Non Bengals to Bengals. In last 2 off seasons, Bengals D is seeing players from other teams brought in, Defensive Back especially. 

So yes, I like now the Bengals being kept after the first weeks of Big Free Agent Money, signed at probably more realistic contracts. Setting themselves up for Draft coming soon.  Latest keeps of Evans and Daniels are good moves because there are only so many Draft Picks.  In all fairness to Coach Lewis, I think The Game changed on him, and he at end was not rolling with the changes.  I think Coach Taylor is of the New NFL Era, and is trying to bring Bengals into how The Game is played Now, but it takes a couple years to over haul a team and remake it.  I really feel The Bengals did not change with the times under Coach Lewis. I also feel coaches Zimmer and Gruden came in and made Lewis look better for a few years. I did not expect a new coach to come in here and win over night. I expected rebuilding The Bengals would indeed take a couple years due to players locked in to big contracts, but we see those players now going fast. I feel the game had long passed Lewis by, and these changes last couple years under Taylor have been long over due, but a complete Rebuild takes a couple years. I did not expect wins in 2019 or 2020. However, I think the Team is starting to take shape now To Win. Paul Brown said this in 1968, do not expect wins the first years as he built the team.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Welcome back.
Reply/Quote
I think if they can manage to keep from falling over themselves and getting injured on day one they might have a chance to not pick in the top of next season's draft again..  It was beginning to feel kind of like Cleveland for so many years where draft day was their (OURS TOO) superbowl..Last year definitely was..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Great signing.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I am 100 percent on board with this.
Reply/Quote
Really happy to hear this one....
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 02:03 AM)kevin Wrote: So do I.  I see what the Coach Taylor Bengals are doing last few off seasons. These 1st Round picks before Taylor who never lived up to 1st Round money are being let go.  Green the exception because he did have great years, just not lately.  Ogbuehi, Jackson, Ross are Gone, and Price probably soon to follow if he doesn't get with it.  Bengals using that Cap Money to rebuild keeping players like Daniels from within, but looking outside as last few years bringing in Non Bengals to Bengals. In last 2 off seasons, Bengals D is seeing players from other teams brought in, Defensive Back especially. 

So yes, I like now the Bengals being kept after the first weeks of Big Free Agent Money, signed at probably more realistic contracts. Setting themselves up for Draft coming soon.  Latest keeps of Evans and Daniels are good moves because there are only so many Draft Picks.  In all fairness to Coach Lewis, I think The Game changed on him, and he at end was not rolling with the changes.  I think Coach Taylor is of the New NFL Era, and is trying to bring Bengals into how The Game is played Now, but it takes a couple years to over haul a team and remake it.  I really feel The Bengals did not change with the times under Coach Lewis. I also feel coaches Zimmer and Gruden came in and made Lewis look better for a few years. I did not expect a new coach to come in here and win over night. I expected rebuilding The Bengals would indeed take a couple years due to players locked in to big contracts, but we see those players now going fast. I feel the game had long passed Lewis by, and these changes last couple years under Taylor have been long over due, but a complete Rebuild takes a couple years.  I did not expect wins in 2019 or 2020.  However, I think the Team is starting to take shape now To Win.  Paul Brown said this in 1968, do not expect wins the first years as he built the team.

The game long past lewis by  but could win 7-8 games a year with less talent on the roster? lol

Im sure if he could have gotten the front office to be more active then he would have.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 01:28 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Though it's not official until tomorrow, I have it on very good authority that the Bengals are re-signing Mike Daniels.

I love the fire he brings to the team. From what I hear, he was very instrumental in getting the defense (if not the whole team) mentally prepared to beat the shit out of Pittsburgh on MNF.

WHO DEY!!

ummm was he not able to get the team mentally prepared for the other games? lol

The defense last year looked good in 2 games IMO, Texans, and Steelers.  

its a good signing but it's not a signing that's going to keep us from at our top end at 9-8 or our bottom end in wins at 4-13.  

Maybe I'm under estimating the value he brings but to me it's kind of like bringing in John Thorton after he had been with us for a couple of years. 

Again, not trying to be negative just realistic.  
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 08:46 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: The game long past lewis by  but could win 7-8 games a year with less talent on the roster? lol

Im sure if he could have gotten the front office to be more active then he would have.

True. There are several things I liked and disliked about Lewis but strongly feel MB didn’t support him like an owner should. 

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 09:03 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: True. There are several things I liked and disliked about Lewis but strongly feel MB didn’t support him like an owner should. 

I truly think when they let Lewis go that Mike relinquished a little bit more of control and gave it to Katie and Duke and basically said this is your hire so do with it as you please.  Duke and Katie both loved Zac and maybe he's more charismatic in person than he is in his press conferences, but so far that hire for them is looking almost like Mikey's first hire in Dave Shula.  

Mike had 10 bad years with hires.  Then he landed Lewis and i do believe he allowed to Lewis to do a LOT more stuff than he ever allowed a coach to do before.  I think he opened the wallet and signed the teams Pro Bowl talent and brought in pieces here and there.  

Now I think we see Katie and Duke after 2 failed years and a 6-25-1 record allowing Zac to continue to have a leeway and build this team.  Maybe it'll work but I think if i was a boss I probably would've stepped in by now and taken over some of the reigns.    
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 02:03 AM)kevin Wrote: So do I.  I see what the Coach Taylor Bengals are doing last few off seasons. These 1st Round picks before Taylor who never lived up to 1st Round money are being let go.  Green the exception because he did have great years, just not lately.  Ogbuehi, Jackson, Ross are Gone, and Price probably soon to follow if he doesn't get with it.  Bengals using that Cap Money to rebuild keeping players like Daniels from within, but looking outside as last few years bringing in Non Bengals to Bengals. In last 2 off seasons, Bengals D is seeing players from other teams brought in, Defensive Back especially. 

So yes, I like now the Bengals being kept after the first weeks of Big Free Agent Money, signed at probably more realistic contracts. Setting themselves up for Draft coming soon.  Latest keeps of Evans and Daniels are good moves because there are only so many Draft Picks.  In all fairness to Coach Lewis, I think The Game changed on him, and he at end was not rolling with the changes.  I think Coach Taylor is of the New NFL Era, and is trying to bring Bengals into how The Game is played Now, but it takes a couple years to over haul a team and remake it.  I really feel The Bengals did not change with the times under Coach Lewis. I also feel coaches Zimmer and Gruden came in and made Lewis look better for a few years. I did not expect a new coach to come in here and win over night. I expected rebuilding The Bengals would indeed take a couple years due to players locked in to big contracts, but we see those players now going fast. I feel the game had long passed Lewis by, and these changes last couple years under Taylor have been long over due, but a complete Rebuild takes a couple years.  I did not expect wins in 2019 or 2020.  However, I think the Team is starting to take shape now To Win.  Paul Brown said this in 1968, do not expect wins the first years as he built the team.

Marvin Lewis never got one-tenth of the help Taylor is getting with outside free agents yet his winning percentage is still twice as good as Taylor.

What Marvin accomplished while handicapped by the Bengal front office was very impressive.
Reply/Quote

So what I'm heardig is since this is year 3, that the rebuild/overhaul should be done?  so if this team is 5-12 or 6-11 this year you give them another excuse of "oh they're still rebuilding, just give Zac another year or 2 he's the new way of the NFL".  It's proven that you can rebuild an NFL football team in 1 or 2 seasons.  I don't see much of an improvement on this team from last year.  If we have upgraded i'd say it's the defensive backfield.  We still have 0 depth because the last 2 drafts led by Taylor and Duke havent filled holes.  We're releasing guys THEY'VE drafted.  Don't blame the entire thing on Marvin Lewis or Zimmer.  This IMO falls on Duke and partially Zac as well because it's their vision of where they want to go and they haven't gotten there yet. 
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 09:45 AM)TJ528 Wrote: So what I'm heardig is since this is year 3, that the rebuild/overhaul should be done?  so if this team is 5-12 or 6-11 this year you give them another excuse of "oh they're still rebuilding, just give Zac another year or 2 he's the new way of the NFL".  It's proven that you can rebuild an NFL football team in 1 or 2 seasons.  I don't see much of an improvement on this team from last year.  If we have upgraded i'd say it's the defensive backfield.  We still have 0 depth because the last 2 drafts led by Taylor and Duke havent filled holes.  We're releasing guys THEY'VE drafted.  Don't blame the entire thing on Marvin Lewis or Zimmer.  This IMO falls on Duke and partially Zac as well because it's their vision of where they want to go and they haven't gotten there yet. 

You need to add a touch of optimism in your Wheaties.  Ninja
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 09:55 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You need to add a touch of optimism in your Wheaties.  Ninja

It's hard to be optimistic about a coach who has 6.5 wins in 32 games.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 09:37 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Marvin Lewis never got one-tenth of the help Taylor is getting with outside free agents yet his winning percentage is still twice as good as Taylor.

What Marvin accomplished while handicapped by the Bengal front office was very impressive.

The front office executed a run of really good drafts that allowed Lewis to have a talented roster.  They also paid top dollar to guys like Zim and Gruden to be his assistants.  I would hardly call that being handicapped.  
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2021, 10:23 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The front office executed a run of really good drafts that allowed Lewis to have a talented roster.  They also paid top dollar to guys like Zim and Gruden to be his assistants.  I would hardly call that being handicapped.  

Gruden was top dollar? Didn’t we pull him out of the arena league?

Reply/Quote