Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Wallace
(03-09-2016, 12:00 PM)samhain Wrote: Surprised there's no thread for this guy yet.  He's a cut player, so no damage to the compensatory picks.  He's not ancient like Johnson, Boldin, White, or Colston.  

I think he'd be a nice replacement for Marvin Jones and would come at the price of a true number 2 wr as opposed to a low end 1.  He'd provide the outside burner that MLJ was opposite Green.  

I know he's had some disappointing years, but his qbs have been questionable at best and he's generally had the expectations of a number 1 wr.  Here, he'd reap the benefit of playing with a legit qb and be covered up by AJ Green and Eifert as a 3rd option.  

It's all a question of what kind of money he could get.  If it's reasonable, then curb-stomp those tires.

With Sanu possibly getting $7 million per year and MLJ getting $8 million per year, this would seem unlikely, but I would absolutely pursue this for $5 million per year plus incentives that could take it to $6.5 million per year.  

He is still a burner, but has suffered from bad QB play...his game is vertical speed and he has two of the worst downfield QBs in the game (Tannehill and Bridgewater).  I would love this option.  Perfect X receiver in this offense.  Burkhead to slot and draft a WR to develop.  

I wanted him badly years ago when he took big money to go to Miami.  I think he would also be playing with a bit of a chip on his shoulder.   
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 01:03 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I think Sanu is pretty easily replaced.  I do think they have to take a wide receiver early though, and wish they would have done so last year.

Yep, I have cried over that spilled milk for some time.  At least Fisher appeared to improve last year and got some playing time.  
Reply/Quote
I think in our situation, with Eifert and Green being doubled all the time, Wallace would do very well. I hope they consider him.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2016, 01:07 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I think in our situation, with Eifert and Green being doubled all the time, Wallace would do very well.  I hope they consider him.

I thought this was déjà vu

1. bonniebengal says:Mar 13, 2016 9:35 AM 
    I think he’d do great in Cincy with AJ Green and Eifert being double covered all the time.

Tongue

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 12:01 PM)milksheikh Wrote: I'd be up for it .. for the right price...

This.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2016, 01:22 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: This.

Probably the best compliment to aj and eifert we could have at this point. 
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2016, 01:13 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I thought this was déjà vu

1. bonniebengal says:Mar 13, 2016 9:35 AM 
    I think he’d do great in Cincy with AJ Green and Eifert being double covered all the time.

Tongue

My memory must be going in my old age. 
Reply/Quote
He couldn't beat man coverage in Minnesota.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2016, 08:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He couldn't beat man coverage in Minnesota.

Then why would minn want to resign him? I think he just had a hard time adapting and bridges yet doesn't throw downfield much. 

It was probably his 12,000,000 contract that got him cut
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2016, 08:37 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Then why would minn want to resign him? I think he just had a hard time adapting and bridges yet doesn't throw downfield much. 

It was probably his 12,000,000 contract that got him cut

the contract plus he did not perform.. those two together are going to get you cut, no way i would go after Wallace
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2016, 08:39 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: the contract plus he did not perform.. those two together are going to get you cut, no way i would go after Wallace

I don't get peopl who pretend to know everything.  I think you are wrong.  I would say football people know best.  Here are a few quotes to an artical that was just written. 

‎@RapSheet

Mike Wallace going back to the Vikings is on the table. They treated him well upon his release  https://twitter.com/nieman_james/status/708830740839063552 …
8:43 PM - 12 Mar 

Even if the two sides had an amicable ending to their professional relationship, even if they can work out a cheaper deal this time around, they're just not a good fit for each other. Wallace has one particular skill: He goes deep. The Vikings and Teddy Bridgewater aren't very good at that aspect of football. There's a reason why Wallace pieced together disappointing statlines in Miami and Minnesota after thriving with the Steelers and Ben Roethlisberger.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2016, 08:39 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: the contract plus he did not perform.. those two together are going to get you cut, no way i would go after Wallace

Oh yea here is the artical.
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25515581/report-mike-wallace-might-actually-end-up-returning-to-the-vikings

When a free agent flops is it the free agents fault for not performing? Or is it the clubs fault for not playing to their strengths?
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2016, 01:07 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I think in our situation, with Eifert and Green being doubled all the time, Wallace would do very well.  I hope they consider him.

x2
Reply/Quote
I'm at: -Meh-....It would depend on the contract details, he can obviously perform, but is he worth investing in...

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 06:18 AM)Bryan Wrote: The guy can only run the fly route and hasn't blown th top off a defense since he was with Ben Roethlisberger. Pass.

He's been playing with Tannehill (who is well known for having a terrible deep ball) and Bridgewater (who has one of the weaker arms in the NFL).

And I'm sorry, but WR's simply don't get 800-1200 yards receiving by "only running fly routes".

(03-13-2016, 08:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He couldn't beat man coverage in Minnesota.

First I've heard this. Do you have any links or analysis from an expert who feels this way?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't mind us signing Wallace before Pittsburgh does.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
To be fair though Minnesota was not a passing juggernaut whatsoever. Teddy did pretty decent last year when they didn't have Adrian Peterson running the ball, but they was definitely a running team this year. I'm just sad Bridgewater couldn't manage the game as well as I thought he could considering he wasn't asked to do as much this year.

Well on second look he didn't do as bad as I thought stat wise, but I remember being unimpressed with him this past season. I guess I was more disappointed he didn't take a leap forward just a few baby steps.
Reply/Quote
If Martavis Bryant does get a year-long suspension, I expect to see Wallace back in Pittsburgh.
But I'd rather see him as a Bengal.

Bengals waiting for WR prices to come down to under $3 mill a year. If Wallace still available for another week or so, that might be the time to get him for the right price.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2016, 08:52 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: To be fair though Minnesota was not a passing juggernaut whatsoever. Teddy did pretty decent last year when they didn't have Adrian Peterson running the ball, but they was definitely a running team this year. I'm just sad Bridgewater couldn't manage the game as well as I thought he could considering he wasn't asked to do as much this year.

Well on second look he didn't do as bad as I thought stat wise, but I remember being unimpressed with him this past season. I guess I was more disappointed he didn't take a leap forward just a few baby steps.

Teddy was 22nd in passer rating and threw 14 TDs in a full season. I remember when people on the boards were ripping Dalton for throwing 19.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2016, 10:01 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Teddy was 22nd in passer rating and threw 14 TDs in a full season. I remember when people on the boards were ripping Dalton for throwing 19.

Well I was saying I thought he got worse, he actually did slightly better I suppose. Then again seeing as how he had Peterson this time I guess a case can be made for him being worse. I'm more pissed at Patterson's almost complete waste of talent.
Reply/Quote