Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Wallace
(03-14-2016, 10:01 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Teddy was 22nd in passer rating and threw 14 TDs in a full season. I remember when people on the boards were ripping Dalton for throwing 19.

He is also around 20th on yards per attempt.  He just doesn't throw the ball downfield and that is wallaces go to.  Don't blame a guy for not working out when a team doesn't utilize them correctly.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2016, 08:47 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Oh yea here is the artical.
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25515581/report-mike-wallace-might-actually-end-up-returning-to-the-vikings

When a free agent flops is it the free agents fault for not performing? Or is it the clubs fault for not playing to their strengths?

When you are making close to 12 million.. you are expected to raise the bar of the team... Wallace did not.. the question becomes at what price will he come down to for a team to consider him.  I don;t see him taking 6 million a year.. and no way the Bengals are going to go after him for 6 million a year.... 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2016, 10:24 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: He is also around 20th on yards per attempt.  He just doesn't throw the ball downfield and that is wallaces go to.  Don't blame a guy for not working out when a team doesn't utilize them correctly.

He was overpaid by Minnesota.. if you look at this stats the two years in Miami... he averaged 7 TDs and 900 yards receiving in those two years.. good numbers but not worth 12 million a year I thought was way too high.. then he has a disaster of a year in Minnesota, his price is going to drop big time and it should.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2016, 12:49 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: When you are making close to 12 million.. you are expected to raise the bar of the team... Wallace did not.. the question becomes at what price will he come down to for a team to consider him.  I don;t see him taking 6 million a year.. and no way the Bengals are going to go after him for 6 million a year.... 

I'd be shocked if Wallace made $6 million per. The big paydays to Marvin Jones and Sanu were in part thanks to their age and potential. Wallace is 30 years old coming off a disappointing season in Minny. His needle is pointing in the opposite direction. It doesn't mean that he's washed up, it just means that his days of big paydays are probably over. He's more likely to get a "prove it" type of deal.

(03-14-2016, 12:54 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He was overpaid by Minnesota.. if you look at this stats the two years in Miami... he averaged 7 TDs and 900 yards receiving in those two years.. good numbers but not worth 12 million a year I thought was way too high.. then he has a disaster of a year in Minnesota, his price is going to drop big time and it should.

I agree that he was overpaid by Minny and Miami. He was also stretched thin as a #1 WR. That said, his being overpaid has nothing to do with us, and we're not looking at him as a #1 option. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2016, 02:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'd be shocked if Wallace made $6 million per. The big paydays to Marvin Jones and Sanu were in part thanks to their age and potential. Wallace is 30 years old coming off a disappointing season in Minny. His needle is pointing in the opposite direction. It doesn't mean that he's washed up, it just means that his days of big paydays are probably over. He's more likely to get a "prove it" type of deal.

I agree that he was overpaid by Minny and Miami. He was also stretched thin as a #1 WR. That said, his being overpaid has nothing to do with us, and we're not looking at him as a #1 option. 

I guy made 12 million last year... his stats over his career just as good or better than MJ.. I don;t see him taking less than 6 million... too much $$... plus not the best leader in a club house... just don;t see it.. if Bengals sign a vet it will be later down the road and for something in the 3 to 4 million range
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2016, 06:25 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I guy made 12 million last year... his stats over his career just as good or better than MJ.. I don;t see him taking less than 6 million... too much $$... plus not the best leader in a club house... just don;t see it.. if Bengals sign a vet it will be later down the road and for something in the 3 to 4 million range

That was the contract he signed with the Dolphins when he was a 26 year old with a pair of recent 1000 yard seasons on his resume.

Now he's a 30 year old coming off of a 473 yard season. It's pretty obvious that demand for his services will be down and nobody is mistaking him for a #1 WR anymore. If I were betting, I'd say he'll make less than $6 mil/per on his next deal, but you never know. We'll see.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2016, 06:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Now he's a 30 year old coming off of a 473 yard season. It's pretty obvious that demand for his services will be down and nobody is mistaking him for a #1 WR anymore. If I were betting, I'd say he'll make less than $6 mil/per on his next deal, but you never know. We'll see.

Ravens sources are interested in Wallace at the same price they are paying Steve Smith for 2016, about $3 million.

The Bengals have such a loaded roster it is time to win now.  No excuse for not spending at least $3 million for a vet WR.  We have NOTHING behind Green.

Of course Wallace may have no interest in coming here.  We have no control over that.  but we have to get in the bidding for some vet in this range.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2016, 02:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I agree that he was overpaid by Minny and Miami. He was also stretched thin as a #1 WR. That said, his being overpaid has nothing to do with us, and we're not looking at him as a #1 option. 

Yeah, not really a #1 WR, but also it needs to be pointed out that in Minnesota his QB was Teddy Bridgewater getting the most QB pressure in the NFL. Not saying I want Wallace or that he's great or anything, but it is something that needs to be taken into account when judging him. The leading receiver on the Vikings last year had 720 yards. NOBODY else had even 500 yards.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 11:28 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Ravens sources are interested in Wallace at the same price they are paying Steve Smith for 2016, about $3 million.

The Bengals have such a loaded roster it is time to win now.  No excuse for not spending at least $3 million for a vet WR.  We have NOTHING behind Green.

Of course Wallace may have no interest in coming here.  We have no control over that.  but we have to get in the bidding for some vet in this range.

That's exactly in the range I'd want to spend. With how close we were last year, I'd really hate to see this team with a cast of rookies and scrubs behind AJ Green. It honestly shocks me that so many seem to be ok with that idea.

And you're right that Wallace may not be interested, but there are plenty of decent veterans available and I'd prefer almost any of them over raw rookies and guys like Brandon Tate and Greg Little (who is currently rostered). Do people really not want to upgrade Greg Little? Look at it that way.
Reply/Quote
He is not that good. This is why the steelers parted ways and now he can not stay with a team

Was fast as lightening with bad hands. Now he has lost a step and still has bad hands.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Zimmer is in dire need of WR's and not even interested in him.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 01:51 PM)The Go Cards Wrote: He is not that good. This is why the steelers parted ways and now he can not stay with a team

Was fast as lightening with bad hands. Now he has lost a step and still has bad hands.

According to who?  He refused to sign the contract the steelers offered. They didn't willingly part ways. You can read here.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/shutdown-corner/steelers-statement-mike-wallace-contract-offer-antonio-brown-060305426--nfl.html

Also, the Ravens want him because of his deep speed partnering with flaccos arm.  According to reports.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 01:53 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Zimmer is in dire need of WR's and not even interested in him.

Zimmer has not ruled out bringing him back.
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25515581/report-mike-wallace-might-actually-end-up-returning-to-the-vikings

Why don't people understand he is still a good WR just not worth 12,000,000?

It's not a hard concept people
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 01:56 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Zimmer has not ruled out bringing him back.

Why don't people understand he is still a good WR just not worth 12,000,000?

It's not a hard concept people

He's just not a number 1 receiver.  The guy is the most over paid player in the NFL... or close to it.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 02:04 PM)Okeana Wrote: He's just not a number 1 receiver.  The guy is the most over paid player in the NFL... or close to it.

He doesn't even have a contractsso technically you are incorrect.

He might have been last year along with Leon hall. 
Reply/Quote
Reports are that he and the Ravens have struck a deal. I think they will be tough to beat for the division this year with their injured players coming back, plus their FA additions, plus their third place schedule. We might end up with a wild card.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 03:04 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Reports are that he and the Ravens have struck a deal.  I think they will be tough to beat for the division this year with their injured players coming back, plus their FA additions, plus their third place schedule.  We might end up with a wild card.

Well I hope I am wrong and mike Wallace has nothing to offer and is completely washed up.   Unfortunately this is a perfect situation for his skill set.  Could be dangerous.
Reply/Quote
Its crazy he has been in the league 7 years. He has two years with over 1000 yards and 2 years with double digit TDs. For such a big name i expected more when i just went to look at his stats.

The Ravens will definitely be better next year. With the early draft position they are not done. Im sure they will be the trendy pick to win the division... We will still beat them.
Reply/Quote
Adam Schefter
4m4 minutes ago
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Ravens are giving former Vikings WR Mike Wallace a 2-year, $11.5 million deal, per source.
Reply/Quote
Wish the FO would stop screwing around and go get Lafell. We don't need to enter the season with AJ Green, a rookie or two, Brandon Tate, and James Wright coming off injury. I am curious to see what Wallace gets from the Ravens. EDIT *2 years for 11.5 million...no thanks on Wallace but hopefully we can get Lafell still.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote