Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Wallace
(03-15-2016, 03:27 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Adam Schefter
4m4 minutes ago
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Ravens are giving former Vikings WR Mike Wallace a 2-year, $11.5 million deal, per source.

A tad bit rich for my tastes, I would have been more in the ballpark of $4 million a year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I hope they guaranteed him a good chunk.
Reply/Quote
Ravens have freed up their ability to take pba in the draft nicely. A luxury we won't have.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 05:40 PM)jj22 Wrote: Ravens have freed up their ability to take pba in the draft nicely. A luxury we won't have.

This is absurd.

Bengals have a much deeper roster than the Ravens.

After reading some of the stuff JJ22 posts I am starting to think he is not really serious.  
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 05:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is absurd.

Bengals have a much deeper roster than the Ravens.

After reading some of the stuff JJ22 posts I am starting to think he is not really serious.  

Yes maybe we do overall.  But we have a much bigger hole at WR than they do.  So I can see where he is coming from.  But let's see what the bengals do in the coming months before going overboard
Reply/Quote
Damn I really wanted Weddle or Wallace, good pick ups Ravens
Reply/Quote
Since they only had about 8.5 million open after restructuring Flacco I would think both Wallace and Weddle have heavily backloaded deals. We frontload instead of backload which is art of how we stay out of cap purgatory.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 05:51 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Yes maybe we do overall.  But we have a much bigger hole at WR than they do.  So I can see where he is coming from.  But let's see what the bengals do in the coming months before going overboard

No we don;t.. what do they have a WR?  Smith is 37 yrs old coming off an achilles repair, major question mark... we have AJ Green and Eiffert , they have nothing that matches that right now.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 03:27 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Adam Schefter
4m4 minutes ago
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Ravens are giving former Vikings WR Mike Wallace a 2-year, $11.5 million deal, per source.

Too rich for me for the Bengals...
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 08:28 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Too rich for me for the Bengals...

Meh, I'm not saying Wallace will be great for the Ravens, but lordy I'm worried some people want guys to play here for peanuts or something.  Well, I guess that 7th round pick with the super-bad knee is cheap.  Yay, cheap guys that can't sniff the field.

What a steal.  

GO MIKE BROWN'S WALLET!!!!!

Now we just have to get a handful of completely broken vets ala Denarius Moore and give them all a few hundred k's to get cut before the pre-season.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 08:10 PM)Joelist Wrote: Since they only had about 8.5 million open after restructuring Flacco I would think both Wallace and Weddle have heavily backloaded deals. We frontload instead of backload which is art of how we stay out of cap purgatory.

They had to cut two starers (Chris Canty, Daryl Smith) to save cap space.

They are making holes quicker than they are filling them.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 08:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, I'm not saying Wallace will be great for the Ravens, but lordy I'm worried some people want guys to play here for peanuts or something.  Well, I guess that 7th round pick with the super-bad knee is cheap.  Yay, cheap guys that can't sniff the field.

What a steal.  

GO MIKE BROWN'S WALLET!!!!!

Now we just have to get a handful of completely broken vets ala Denarius Moore and give them all a few hundred k's to get cut before the pre-season.

Has nothing to do with a wallet, im not sold on wallace, his play and attitude, minn could have offered him something  and the are very weak at wr and they did not and as for attitude wallace already called Minnesota out, it seems he has issues with every team he has been on. Im so glad we did not offer him shit.
Reply/Quote
Glad the Ravens signed him and the Bengals didn't. He's honestly not that good. And maybe the Ravens will be dumb enough to start him over Aiken.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Looks like Wallace threw his teammate under the bus on the way out.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 09:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Looks like Wallace threw his teammate under the bus on the way out.

Doesn't surprise me. I've seen reports that he's not the most liked guy in the locker room
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 09:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Looks like Wallace threw his teammate under the bus on the way out.

4 teams in 4 years, ain't my fault
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 09:42 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Has nothing to do with a wallet, im not sold on wallace, his play and attitude, minn could have offered him something  and the are very weak at wr and they did not and as for attitude wallace already called Minnesota out, it seems he has issues with every team he has been on. Im so glad we did not offer him shit.

Fair enough.  So now we just need to find 2 WRs who are cheap, awesome teammates, ready to contribute now, and who aren't on the outs with their prior teams.  Oh, and we probably don't want to spend 2 high draft picks in a weak WR class.

Outstanding.

Who else can we cheer not being here?  Thank god we didn't sign Mike Wallce because (INSERT OUR ANSWER TO NO #2 WR HERE) is going to be so much (cheaper/better/nicer/etc).

I'm not saying you should want MIke Wallace here, but I don't see why we are so relieved we haven't paid anyone anything yet. You think Denarius Moore is going to make the team this year? I do, but I've been wrong before.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 10:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Fair enough.  So now we just need to find 2 WRs who are cheap, awesome teammates, ready to contribute now, and who aren't on the outs with their prior teams.  Oh, and we probably don't want to spend 2 high draft picks in a weak WR class.

Outstanding.

Who else can we cheer not being here?  Thank god we didn't sign Mike Wallce because (INSERT OUR ANSWER TO NO #2 WR HERE) is going to be so much (cheaper/better/nicer/etc).

I'm not saying you should want MIke Wallace here, but I don't see why we are so relieved we haven't paid anyone anything yet.  You think Denarius Moore is going to make the team this year?  I do, but I've been wrong before.

You sound butt hurt. 

But seriously, Mike Wallace is no one you want in your locker room. If he signed a contract for $1 a game it would still be too much in my opinion. He is more of a distraction than a benefit. He is a bum. Pacman is going to shut him down.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 08:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They had to cut two starers (Chris Canty, Daryl Smith) to save cap space.

They are making holes quicker than they are filling them.

And like I posted earlier both deals (Wallace and Weddle) are almost certainly backloaded. They will just be right back in cap trouble next season.

What they need to do is bite the bullet and have a couple of lean years to "vomit" all the bad cap decisions off of the payroll. Oakland did it and now they are building a strong roster because they bit the bullet and addressed the elephant in the room.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 10:02 PM)TGISunday Wrote: 4 teams in 4 years, ain't my fault

Lol what a POS. Teddy is a good QB. Wallace is so lost in his own delusion.
Reply/Quote