Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Wallace
(03-15-2016, 10:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Fair enough.  So now we just need to find 2 WRs who are cheap, awesome teammates, ready to contribute now, and who aren't on the outs with their prior teams.  Oh, and we probably don't want to spend 2 high draft picks in a weak WR class.

Outstanding.

Who else can we cheer not being here?  Thank god we didn't sign Mike Wallce because (INSERT OUR ANSWER TO NO #2 WR HERE) is going to be so much (cheaper/better/nicer/etc).

I'm not saying you should want MIke Wallace here, but I don't see why we are so relieved we haven't paid anyone anything yet.  You think Denarius Moore is going to make the team this year?  I do, but I've been wrong before.

Lets just get them all out of the way at once.

Mike Wallace - Vikings (CANCER, too expensive, only runs fly/nine/go routes)
Brandon LaFell - Patriots (Doesn't have huge mega-awesome numbers)
Jeremy Kerley - Jets (Short, lack of production)
Greg Jennings - Dolphins (Too old)
Andre Johnson - Colts (Even older)
Marques Colston - Saints (Pfff...ain't he in a nursing home?)
Roddy White - Falcons (I heard he broke a bone last year and dust came out)
Riley Cooper - Eagles (RACIST SCUM)

All other WRs would cost us a super awesome compensatory pick and/or would be too expensive. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 10:34 PM)RagnarLothbrok Wrote: You sound butt hurt. 

But seriously, Mike Wallace is no one you want in your locker room. If he signed a contract for $1 a game it would still be too much in my opinion. He is more of a distraction than a benefit. He is a bum. Pacman is going to shut him down.

Again, I'm not saying I WANT Mike Wallace as much as I'm not quite on board with the whole "YAY we didn't sign (INSERT FA WR HERE)" train.  

I'm not saying Wallace was the right choice to grab at WR, but you also have to realize that going into 2012 people around here were tickled pink we didn't sign anyone note-worthy because Tate, Binns, Whalen, Sanzenbacher and Hawkins were a veritable embarrassment of riches.

Still, if we did sign Wallace we would be hearing how he was a great pickup and how we KNOW he can't WAIT to stick it to the Steelers twice per year, etc..

Anywho, just like I jokingly jumped on the "Binns is the next Victor Cruz" wagon, I'm ready to either put that guy on our bench with the bad knee in Canton OR I'll hope back on the Denarius Moore of 2016's bandwagon. That dude is a burner. Gonna take the top right off the D. Can you say NIIIIIGHTMARE matchup!? Can Dontay Moccaccino play WR?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 05:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is absurd.

Bengals have a much deeper roster than the Ravens.

After reading some of the stuff JJ22 posts I am starting to think he is not really serious.  

We are desperate for wide receiver, and must take one (or two) early in this weak receiver draft. Forced to pass up on a talented defensive draft class early. This free agency has NOT freed up the draft for us. Are you saying this draft is as open as our previous 2-3 years of drafts have been?

I wouldn't say that. We have clear holes to fill, and must fill them early. We haven't been in this position in awhile (desperate for a draft class to step in and produce right away). It's why we had the luxury to take the Eifert's, Ced's, and Fisher's of the draft the last couple years.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 11:00 AM)jj22 Wrote: We are desperate for wide receiver, and must take one (or two) early in this weak receiver draft. Forced to pass up on a talented defensive draft class early. This free agency has NOT freed up the draft for us. Are you saying this draft is as open as our previous 2-3 years of drafts have been?

We do not have to take a WR in the first round.  I predict we will take a defensive player in the first.

And the reason I called you post "absurd" was not that the Bengals are setting in such a great position.  The "absurd" part was your fawning over how the Ravens are in a position of "luxury" when they are having to cut multiple starters from a 5 win team in order to create cap space.

It is one thing to criticize the Bengals, but some people just automatically criticize everything the Bengals do while praising teams that are doing much worse.  That is when it gets absurd.
Reply/Quote
Fair enough. But regardless of if the Ravens rebound or not they are making moves that don't force their hand in the draft. I'm not a fan of Wallace so I wasn't fawning over them for the signing. Just for setting themselves up so they don't have to be desperate come draft.

I'm with you on the defensive player in the first, but truth is with this draft class, we may need to grab a receiver in the first. There will be some left in the 2nd, but will it be one that can take the production of MJ and Sanu? Not sure about that. I feel like since the class is so weak, the ones with the highest "potential' will be gone by the time we pick in the 2nd. I don't see players like Coleman, Fuller, Thomas, Doctson as first round picks, but they probably won't make it to our 2nd round pick. I sense because of the draft class, there will be a run on them early in the 2nd.

If there's hope that we get a stud at the position it has to come at 24. Unless we strike gold with a steal late, but that is a gamble.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 11:39 AM)jj22 Wrote: Fair enough. But regardless of if the Ravens rebound or not they are making moves that don't force their hand in the draft.

Uh, yeah, that is exactly what they are doing.  They have one starting LB (Upshaw) who is still an unsigned free agent, and they just had to release another starting LB (Daryl Smith) to create cap space.

Please, just stop trying to make stuff up out of thin air.  It is making you look ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
Their dline didn't need Upshaw, and their lb's don't need an old D.Smith. Their front 7 is solid without those players. And at least they're smart enough to leave themselves needs on defense in a talented defensive draft, and not needs on offense in the worst offensive draft class in decades.

We lose 7 players and you say we're fine. They lose 2 and they are in worse shape? Not buying what you selling Fred. Maybe someone else will.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 12:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: Their dline didn't need Upshaw, and their lb's don't need an old D.Smith. Their front 7 is solid without those players.  And at least they're smart enough to leave themselves needs on defense in a talented defensive draft, and not needs on offense in the worst offensive draft class in decades.

We lose 7 players and you say we're fine. They lose 2 and they are in worse shape? Not buying what you selling Fred. Maybe someone else will.

6 of them are still free agents and maybe for a reason...I see us signing possibly 2 of them back...My guess would be Gilberry or Simms and Nelson...I think Nelson is looking for one last big pay day and it is not going to be out there so he comes back for one last chance for a title run...The other 2 are rotational players...they are not going to get big offers and will realize they are better off just to re-sign here where they are familiar.

Hall maybe re-sign just for security at a low rate.

Smith...not gonna happen...Ogebuei will start this year
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 12:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: We lose 7 players and you say we're fine. They lose 2 and they are in worse shape? Not buying what you selling Fred. Maybe someone else will.

There you go again.  Making up two different definitions  of "lost" and using whichever one makes the Bengals look worse.

How exactly have we "lost" 7 players while the Ravens have just lost "two"?

Plus there is the fact that the ravens were starting with a roster that just won 5 games while the Bengals had a division champion roster.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 12:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: Their dline didn't need Upshaw, and their lb's don't need an old D.Smith.

If they don't need them then why were they starting last year?

Plus they have lost Chris Canty off their D-line.  That is 3 starters gone from the front seven.
Reply/Quote