Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minter says joining Bengals 'just felt right'
From Hobson's article about Minter:

Marvin Lewis and his new linebacker, Kevin Minter, staged their version of “The Breakfast Club,” and the Bengals ended up with another leader around the coffee pot.

Minter, the captain of Arizona’s second-ranked defense, agreed to sign on Saturday after meeting Lewis for breakfast in Scottsdale, Ariz., Friday before his new head coach met with the NFL Competition Committee.

“We talked a little ball, but he was trying to figure me out and I was trying to figure him out,” Minter said Saturday night. “It was a very down-to-earth conversation. It was cool to sit down with a guy who has been a head coach for so long and just have conversation like that. I understand why so many people have so many good things to say about Marvin Lewis. It gave me a better understanding why everyone loves that man.”

“I think I’m a guy that can come in and play every down for them. That defense doesn’t need much. I feel like you can plug me in and I can be another element,” Minter said. “It’s very stout. Geno Atkins up front. Vontaze. Pacman (Adam) Jones. I’m not looking to get in the way, either. Great front four. Great in the back end. I just want to be a part of it.”

He’ll be more than that. The Bengals like the fact they were not only able to young up their linebacker corps, but that they were able to do it while also adding a seasoned leader.

“The way the organization embraced me on my visit, it just felt right,” Minter said. “I know Jeremy and Brandon LaFell from college. It’s going to be fun. Through my process Cincinnati was on the jump. I’m just glad they were able to pull the trigger and make a spot for me.”
Reply/Quote
I read all that and I still can't help but shake the thought: Mr. Minter must really like Wendy's.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I read that as well. Gotta give credit were credit is due.

Sounds like he really liked the thought of playing for Marvin and the Bengals did a good job at courting him.

Show's how much fans know (me included.) about how the Bengals are perceived around the league.
Reply/Quote
Can't wait to see this guy in stripes next season!!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Are we becoming the LSU of professional football players?  Should we change our colors to purple and yellow?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Very positive and this pick really opens up the draft, weould love to see them trade back for a late first and second.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2017, 02:56 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Are we becoming the LSU of professional football players?  Should we change our colors to purple and yellow?

as long as jamarcus russell isnt our QB lol
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2017, 02:43 PM)Benton Wrote: I read all that and I still can't help but shake the thought: Mr. Minter must really like Wendy's.

where does Wendy's serve breakfast?? Shocked
Reply/Quote
Sounds like a great kid and definitely an awesome pickup in an area of need. Maybe the Bengals really do have a plan??
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2017, 03:23 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: where does Wendy's serve breakfast?? Shocked

http://www.thedailymeal.com/eat/what-time-does-wendys-stop-serving-breakfast

My local one does.  :andy:
Reply/Quote
You guys really have it in for Wendy's??? I like Wendy's....
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2017, 03:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You guys really have it in for Wendy's??? I like Wendy's....

Can you play left tackle?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Sounds like a great guy that will be a model teammate. Really looking forward to seeing what kind of an impact he can make.
Reply/Quote
Surprised by this signing, but in a good way. Good job by Merv on this one. Opens up the draft some & I think he helps both Vigil, as well as, Tez.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2017, 03:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You guys really have it in for Wendy's??? I like Wendy's....

Quote:Add to that the epic tales of the franchise’s miserliness—charging players for breakfast at the stadium; taking agents out to lunch at Wendy’s when negotiating player contracts; providing such low-quality locker room towels that in the mid-’90s, running back Ki-Jana Carter paid out of his own pocket to replace the team linens—and limited charitable involvement in the community.
http://www.cincinnatimagazine.com/sports-3/inheritance/

Unfunny jokes is unfunny. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2017, 03:29 PM)Benton Wrote: http://www.thedailymeal.com/eat/what-time-does-wendys-stop-serving-breakfast

My local one does.  :andy:

I've always wondered why they don't serve breakfast... maybe Marv shocked Mr. Minter by bringing him to a Wendy's that does serve breakfast :)
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2017, 04:06 PM)jason Wrote: Can you play left tackle?

Maybe after a whole lot of Wendy's.  Might be a left tackle "project" until I can put the appropriate weight on.
Reply/Quote
Wendy's breakfast is actually pretty darn good

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
and Minter said all the right things and looking forward to seeing him on field in our defense.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2017, 02:43 PM)Benton Wrote: I read all that and I still can't help but shake the thought: Mr. Minter must really like Wendy's.

It was the free frosty that tipped the scales in our favor.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote