Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mississippi Bill Would Force Schools to Pay $1,500 for Not Saying the Pledge Early
(01-11-2017, 05:25 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Nope...Just one.

sick burn
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-11-2017, 05:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I remember citing the pledge in school; matter of fact it was one of my most vivid memories from my early education. I alway understood it to be respectful to the flag and loyal to my country.

I think I was about five. I'll give you an address where you can mail the money order (no check).

Sorry I said find me one, as I would like to ask follow up questions as I know you are full of shit. No kid at 5 understands what you are pledging your allegiance to. It's not just a flag it's the republic which the flag represents. At 5 I know you didn't understand what a republic is. At 5 you have no way in knowing you truly back the ideals of the republic which you are pledging you allegiance to. You are just doing lip service because someone told you to do it.
(01-11-2017, 05:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: sick burn

The fact that you are concerned with burns rather than comprehension says much more about you than me.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(01-11-2017, 05:26 PM)Au165 Wrote: Sorry, I said find me one, as I would like to ask follow up questions as I know you are full of shit. No kid at 5 understands what you are pledging your allegiance to. It's not just a flag it's the republic which the flag represents. At 5 I know you didn't understand what a republic is. At 5 you have no way in knowing you truly back the ideals of the republic which you are pledging you allegiance to. You are just doing lip service because someone told you to do it.

This isn't about knowing, it's about doing. Clearly our country has issues with people not following the "doing" rules of standing and saying the pledge, but you can't force people to know what any of it means and/or if they're acting in a manner completely opposite to the words they are staunchly reciting.

Making something mandatory is a great way to turn it into meaningless lip service, that's for sure.
(01-11-2017, 05:26 PM)Au165 Wrote: Sorry I said find me one, as I would like to ask follow up questions as I know you are full of shit. No kid at 5 understands what you are pledging your allegiance to. It's not just a flag it's the republic which the flag represents. At 5 I know you didn't understand what a republic is. At 5 you have no way in knowing you truly back the ideals of the republic which you are pledging you allegiance to. You are just doing lip service because someone told you to do it.

How about 6,7,8.9.....?

At what age does a child understand and have the ability to develop a sense of loyalty to his or her country?

(01-11-2017, 05:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This isn't about knowing, it's about doing. Clearly our country has issues with people not following the "doing" rules of standing and saying the pledge, but you can't force people to know what any of it means and/or if they're acting in a manner completely opposite to the words they are staunchly reciting.

Actually choosing not to say the pledge of allegiance is more representative of the republic they are pledging to then doing it because someone told them they had to.
(01-11-2017, 05:27 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: The fact that you are concerned with burns rather than comprehension says much more about you than me.

I see some things never change. The rest of us are going to discuss the topic now.

(01-11-2017, 05:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How about 6,7,8.9.....?

At what age does a child understand and have the ability to develop a sense of loyalty to his or her country?

Well we wait until 10th/11th grade to start teaching government in Ohio so that would probably be an indication of when smarter people than you and I believe they can comprehend a lot of the ins and outs.

If it is strictly a patriotic thing, I think standing for the national anthem is plenty. Forcing indoctrination is kind of against everything we stand for.
Did they get the words Mississippi and North Korea confused?
(01-11-2017, 05:32 PM)Au165 Wrote: Well we wait until 10th/11th grade to start teaching government in Ohio so that would probably be an indication of when smarter people than you and I believe they can comprehend a lot of the ins and outs.

If it is strictly a patriotic thing, I think standing for the national anthem is plenty. Forcing indoctrination is kind of against everything we stand for.

Dang, you guys in Ohio are slow (even the ones smarter than us). We started learning about Government at a very early age.

I was unaware that to "instruct especially in fundamentals or rudiments" about loyalty to our country is kind of against everything we stand for.

(01-11-2017, 05:35 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Did they get the words Mississippi and North Korea confused?

You don't get it...when a bad country forces patriotism it is a BAD thing and we need to save them from it.  When we force patriotism it is for the best!  It's like public schools forcing kids to eat healthy lunches so they grow up to be healthy adults, right?
(01-11-2017, 05:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dang, you guys in Ohio are slow (even the ones smarter than us). We started learning about Government at a very early age.

I was unaware that to "instruct especially in fundamentals or rudiments" about loyalty to our country is kind of against everything we stand for.

Loyalty and indoctrinated are different. Hence why I said national anthem is enough. That's cool though, I know in China they make them do all sorts of pledges with penalties for failing to do so.
(01-11-2017, 05:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dang, you guys in Ohio are slow (even the ones smarter than us). We started learning about Government at a very early age.

i always nejoy your posts where you just spout random shit with nothing to back it up

never change, please
People suck

Loyalty and indoctrinated are different, Hence why I said national anthem is enough. That's cool though, I know in China they make them do all sorts of pledges with penalties for failing to do so.
(01-11-2017, 05:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I see some things never change. The rest of us are going to discuss the topic now.

I was discussing the topic you chose to discuss at the time.  If you don't want to discuss those thing I suggest you don't bring them up.  You are correct though things never change.

(01-11-2017, 05:40 PM)Au165 Wrote: Loyalty and indoctrinated are different.

Link?

I'm not sure anyone denied that. I just used the definition of your word "instruct especially in fundamentals or rudiments" to illustrate the point.

Unless you meant we indoctrine them in indocrination. TBH, I think you just used that word because is sounds worse that the actual definition.

Your knowledge on the Chinese Culture is to be admired, but I'm not sure it is relevant.

As a teacher friend of mine posted on Facebook:

She had to buy soap for the bathrooms in her school.  Mississippi schools must be flush with money to pay a daily fine.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-11-2017, 05:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Remove "under god" and make it mandatory for all Children in Public Schools.

That's the kind of shit that they do in such sophisticated countries as Iraq and Afghanistan back in the days of Sadam and Bin Laden.

You can't force someone to pledge allegiance to anything in this country. It's that whole 'freedom of speech' thing.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
How do you even enforce this? Is there a person that sits at each school and check yes or no on a weekly Pledge check list and sends it in to the board each week?

(01-11-2017, 05:55 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: That's the kind of shit that they do in such sophisticated countries as Iraq and Afghanistan back in the days of Sadam and Bin Laden.

You can't force someone to pledge allegiance to anything in this country. It's that whole 'freedom of speech' thing.

Of course you can; it is publically funded education. Don't want to pledge go to private school.

Nothing wrong with developing a sense of loyalty into one's country.

Have you ever been in a school in Afhghanistan or are you just guessing? I'll tell you that National pride is not at the top of the list.