Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mitchell Trubisky Is SUCKING ASS!
Looks like the Steelers are in for at least one more rough year!

[Image: FZPW_MuWYAEyiik?format=jpg&name=large]

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
In other news, Water is Wet.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Don't all The Steelers SUX ???

Pitt SuxPitt SuxPitt SuxPitt SuxPitt Sux

Tiger Hilarious Tiger Hilarious Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
makes it hard for WRs to get practice with numbers like that
Reply/Quote
And Claypool thinks he’s a top 3 wr in the league, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2022, 02:46 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: makes it hard for WRs to get practice with numbers like that

GOOD....Bengals play them first game of season.  Go kick some Steeler butt. 

GO BENGALS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2022, 02:50 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: And Claypool thinks he’s a top 3 wr in the league, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't he already go down with a shoulder injury?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Where is the guy that was saying "watch out for the Steelers" because of Trubisky?

And yes there was someone who was all scared of the STeelers this year because of him.
Reply/Quote
Something tells me by the time we get to the second game against them during week 11, and two weeks after their bye, we'll be facing Kenny Pick-six-ett.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2022, 09:03 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Something tells me by the time we get to the second game against them during week 11, and two weeks after their bye, we'll be facing Kenny Pick-six-ett.

My steeler fan coworker believes that Pickett is going to be the guy in the long run and that the steelers will not be drafting any of the many good QB's available in next years draft. 

Says they never miss when drafting a franchise QB. He is drunk on the black and urine yellow Kool-aid still and not ready for the reality that's about to smack him in the face.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 12:02 PM)Go Cards Wrote: My steeler fan coworker believes that Pickett is going to be the guy in the long run and that the steelers will not be drafting any of the many good QB's available in next years draft. 

Says they never miss when drafting a franchise QB. He is drunk on the black and urine yellow Kool-aid still and not ready for the reality that's about to smack him in the face.  

I guess your friend is right.  You don't miss when you draft a franchise QB, but you sure miss a lot when you are trying to find him.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2022, 01:58 PM)kevin Wrote: Don't all The Steelers SUX ???

Pitt SuxPitt SuxPitt SuxPitt SuxPitt Sux

Tiger  Hilarious  Tiger  Hilarious  Tiger

It's always been my opinion that the Steelers have never had a good player.  They have just gotten lucky a lot.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2022, 04:39 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It's always been my opinion that the Steelers have never had a good player.  They have just gotten lucky a lot.

I don't call it 'luck', I call it 'biased officiating'. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
But...but...TOP THREE NFL WIDE RECEIVER CHASE CLAYPOOL!!!!!!!

Chase Claypool is faster than a speeding bullet!

Chase Claypool is more powerful than a locomotive!

Chase Claypool can leap tall buildings at a single bound!

Chase Claypool will turn barely mediocre (if that) QB Trubisky/Rudolph/Pick Six into an All-Pro QB. Just fling it in the general direction of CHASE FREAKIN' CLAYPOOL, because he is TOP THREE IN THE NFL!

Don't believe me? Just ask him!
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 12:02 PM)Go Cards Wrote: My steeler fan coworker believes that Pickett is going to be the guy in the long run and that the steelers will not be drafting any of the many good QB's available in next years draft. 

Your friend is seriously delusional.  The Steelers drafted at least 4 QBs between Bradshaw (82) and Ben Roth (2004) - all journeymen, none of them got a second contract with Pittsburgh and all left Pukesburgh to go be someone elses backup.  That's 22 years of drafting mediocrity.

Look at these world beaters.  Seriously delusional.
Mark Malone
Bubby Brister
Neil O'Donnel
Kordell Stewart

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pittsburgh_Steelers_starting_quarterbacks
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2022, 09:25 PM)Stewy Wrote: Your friend is seriously delusional.  The Steelers drafted at least 4 QBs between Bradshaw (82) and Ben Roth (2004) - all journeymen, none of them got a second contract with Pittsburgh and all left Pukesburgh to go be someone elses backup.  That's 22 years of drafting mediocrity.

Mark Malone
Bubby Brister
Neil O'Donnel
Kordell Stewart

Tell him that on a daily basis 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2022, 09:25 PM)Stewy Wrote: Your friend is seriously delusional.  The Steelers drafted at least 4 QBs between Bradshaw (82) and Ben Roth (2004) - all journeymen, none of them got a second contract with Pittsburgh and all left Pukesburgh to go be someone elses backup.  That's 22 years of drafting mediocrity.

Mark Malone
Bubby Brister
Neil O'Donnel
Kordell Stewart

How many of those guys did Kevin Colbert draft?  Other than the Rooneys themselves, I don’t think anyone involved in those decisions is even remotely associated with the team today.  To put it in perspective, Chuck Noll was the coach when every one of those guys but Stewart was drafted.  

Go Cards’ friend may not know his history, but he’s not wrong to have faith in the folks who called the shots for the 2022 draft.  Over his career, Colbert has a pretty darned good overall track record with the draft.  He may not have drafted a long list of franchise qbs, but he's only attempted it one other time, and that turned out pretty well.  

So ... if it makes you feel better to take solace in Steeler failures of the distant past, knock yourself out.  But the guy who drafted Pickett had absolutely nothing to do with any of that. And if you think what happened in the 80s and 90s has any bearing at all on Pickett's chances for success, you're the one who's delusional.

Finally, I think it's worth noting that of the guys you listed, only Malone was drafted in the first round. Back in the day, the Steelers had an old-school philosophy. Defense, line and running back were top priorities, with QB sometimes almost being an afterthought. Admittedly, they should have evolved from that paradigm far earlier than they eventually did, as their stubbornness led to the mediocrity of the 80s and earliy 90s. But I think it's fair to say that the reason they didn't draft a franchise quarterback during that time is largely because ... they weren't really trying for that.
Reply/Quote
Look, I'km a bengals fan. But I do like the idea the Steelers have here with drafting Pickett and then coaching him up first before throwing him out there IF they stick to the plan. This season run a more conservative power offense, use Trubisky and Rudolph mostly and get the OL sorted out and other issues like that so in 2023 Pickett can step into a more stable scenario.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 03:46 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: How many of those guys did Kevin Colbert draft?  Other than the Rooneys themselves, I don’t think anyone involved in those decisions is even remotely associated with the team today.  To put it in perspective, Chuck Noll was the coach when every one of those guys but Stewart was drafted.  

Go Cards’ friend may not know his history, but he’s not wrong to have faith in the folks who called the shots for the 2022 draft.  Over his career, Colbert has a pretty darned good overall track record with the draft.  He may not have drafted a long list of franchise qbs, but he's only attempted it one other time, and that turned out pretty well.  

So ... if it makes you feel better to take solace in Steeler failures of the distant past, knock yourself out.  But the guy who drafted Pickett had absolutely nothing to do with any of that.  And if you think what happened in the 80s and 90s has any bearing at all on Pickett's chances for success, you're the one who's delusional.

Finally, I think it's worth noting that of the guys you listed, only Malone was drafted in the first round.  Back in the day, the Steelers had an old-school philosophy.  Defense, line and running back were top priorities, with QB sometimes almost being an afterthought.  Admittedly, they should have evolved from that paradigm far earlier than they eventually did, as their stubbornness led to the mediocrity of the 80s and earliy 90s.  But I think it's fair to say that the reason they didn't draft a franchise quarterback during that time is largely because ... they weren't really trying for that.

No point in getting all uppity.  Look at what I was responding to.  Go Cards was saying how a buddy was going on about how great the Steelers  are at drafting QB's, and the past results say much differently.

Now with that said, the current GM may do an awesome drop at drafting QB's for all we know, but it isn't a done deal that one should have blind faith in the Steelers ability to draft QB's.  

And that is all i was sayin.
Reply/Quote

Mark Malone
Bubby Brister
Neil O'Donnel
Kordell Stewart

Mark Malone was quite the cocksman around these parts in the 1980s. He rocked the Tom Selleck look when Tom Selleck was the wet dream of many American women. 
[Image: 12417656_10208481126928364_5227831409754...e=5702BE1D]
Reply/Quote