Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mixon 170 mph on Instagram.
(09-13-2023, 10:01 PM)PDub80 Wrote: To sit here and pretend no one reading this has gone 100+ miles an hour and are following all traffic laws at all times is naive to me.

When I was young enough to think driving fast was cool and wouldn't lead to me killing myself or someone else, I was driving an '88 Corsica that I bought for $300.   I literally couldn't drive 55 in that thing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sheet, it was doing about 150 on a trip back from Chicago, and a car came out of no where and passed me, in a matter of about 5ish minutes i no longer saw their tail lights. Everyone in the car was asleep, they were all shocked when we got home in just under 3 hours
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 11:19 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Sheet, it was doing about 150 on a trip back from Chicago, and a car came out of no where and passed me, in a matter of about 5ish minutes i no longer saw their tail lights. Everyone in the car was asleep, they were all shocked when we got home in just under 3 hours

Driving 150 mph all the home from Chicago with a car load of sleeping passengers is a little irresponsible as well imho.  

Glad everybody made it safely home and you all saved some time though. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2023, 07:11 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Driving 150 mph all the home from Chicago with a car load of sleeping passengers is a little irresponsible as well imho.  

Glad everybody made it safely home and you all saved some time though. 

Sure it was, wouldn't do it now. But in the 20's that was the Immortality feeling kicking in. 
Used to race too when i was 16. But i got rid of that car after a couple months. Full coverage insurance for a '69 Mach I w/428 CJ was way over my head and abilities to pay at that age!
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 09:05 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: Hmm, I didn't get any notifications about MixAlot going live recently.

I as well, have no notification history of anything from Mixon on Monday.

EDIT**

Also the only places that this is being mentioned is Billsway or whatever (linking this thread) and a random Reddit post, where people are claiming he went 220 MPH.

Not saying it isn't true, but there's no evidence other than anecdotes.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 02:19 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Usually, when something like this happens...someone gets a capture or screenshot that makes the rounds. Nothing so far though.

(09-14-2023, 09:05 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: Hmm, I didn't get any notifications about MixAlot going live recently.

(09-15-2023, 11:10 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I as well, have no notification history of anything from Mixon on Monday.

EDIT**

Also the only places that this is being mentioned is Billsway or whatever (linking this thread) and a random Reddit post, where people are claiming he went 220 MPH.

Not saying it isn't true, but there's no evidence other than anecdotes.

Yeah I'm going to file this one under possible but unverified.  I don't follow Instagram or other social media platforms but from my experience with news there are enough sports writers and others that seem to follow them like a hawk.  From news I've seen posts made by high profile players are almost immediately caught by the media even if the post is deleted soon after.   If you Google Joe Mixon and choose the news option and search by the news in the last week not even a mention of it that I can see.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2023, 10:24 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Sure it was, wouldn't do it now. But in the 20's that was the Immortality feeling kicking in. 
Used to race too when i was 16. But i got rid of that car after a couple months. Full coverage insurance for a '69 Mach I w/428 CJ was way over my head and abilities to pay at that age!

Sounds like a very nice car, my cousin had a red and black one back in the day as well. I was always jealous. 

Also sounds that Mixon probably did not do this incident either with no news outlets really reporting and others that seem to follow him not receiving  notifications. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 11:41 AM)Tony Wrote: Anyone else catch mixons live on Instagram last night? He was doing 170mph in a super car.. My kid just caught it and showed me last night. He has deleted it now.. This dude don't learn...

I once did 130 mph on a German autobahn back when I was Mixon’s age.
Not a super car, just a rental BMW. SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF ME by the time I hit the breaks. On a highway system built for those speeds, I was far from alone at that speed.

He’s showing a reckless disregard for life at that speed on Ohio roads. Then to broadcast it for the world, that’s high grade moron right there.
Reply/Quote
First....not buying any of this. Mixon is a high profile athlete. IF there were any sort of evidence of him driving 170 MPH anywhere (how did they know it was him if he was blowing by them that fast), it would be all over tictok, Twitter, etc. Nothing...nada.

And, "back in the day" I had a ratted out Torino GT with skinny quasi bold tires driving right around 120 MPH from here to Ohio State to see my (then) girlfriend. Reckless? Absolutely. But, when the hormones are raging, gottagogetit!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
I worry about Mixon once the curtain comes down on the structure of playing in the NFL.
Reply/Quote