Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mixon House Gun
(03-10-2023, 04:52 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: No, absolutely not. You do not fire a weapon as a warning shot to scare someone. That bullet you fired into the air is going to come down and if you are anywhere near a residential area, someone could get hurt or killed. That gun should only be coming out when it is absolutely necessary and a round should only be fired if absolutely necessary. Anything else is just negligent handling of a firearm. 

Absolutely true, if you pull a gun it should be to use it and if you don't have those intentions leave it alone.  If you pull a gun for a warning you may get shot with your own gun.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 02:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Please don't put your gun under your pillow.

If I only had a dollar for every time I've told my mother this...  Not joking  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2023, 06:25 PM)Burma Wrote: Might know the answer to the bolded.  As I mentioned in a previous post here ( http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Mixon-House-Gun?pid=1337787#pid1337787) it looks like that Brewer dude was a multi time felon and was previously convicted of being a felon in possession of a firearm that he had tucked in his waistband while driving around. The recidivism rate on stupid is incredibly high. 

Was thinking intoxication and possibly it still was involved. Yet this makes much more sense and you taught me a new word as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2023, 11:11 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Was thinking intoxication and possibly it still was involved. Yet this makes much more sense and you taught me a new word as well.

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2023, 11:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote:

Surprised I have never seen this movie and now I know the correct pronunciation too. 

Thanks for sharing.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2023, 11:52 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Surprised I have never seen this movie and now I know the correct pronunciation too. 

Thanks for sharing.

I'm not sure we can still be friends...

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2023, 11:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not sure we can still be friends...

Understand completely, it looks great. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2023, 12:04 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Understand completely, it looks great. 

Randall Tex Cobb at his finest !

Reply/Quote
"Turn to the Riiiaaagght"
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2023, 03:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Sorry, but that is 100% the most asinine thing I have ever read on this board. Every round going up into the air is coming down somewhere with enough force to kill someone. If you are going to do something stupid, at least have the decency to just injure yourself and not someone a mile away ordering a milkshake.

To your point, around 2014 or so there was a 7 year old boy here in Richmond who was walking to see the 4th of July fireworks.  A bullet from celebratory gunfire fell from the sky and struck him in the head.  His death still remains unsolved.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2023, 11:08 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: To your point, around 2014 or so there was a 7 year old boy here in Richmond who was walking to see the 4th of July fireworks.  A bullet from celebratory gunfire fell from the sky and struck him in the head.  His death still remains unsolved.

When I was still a Sergeant with Lexington PD, I told all my guys to stop whatever they were doing at 11:55PM on December 31st., and get to a bank or gas station and pull under an awning, because the whole East and West end projects would sound like Gettysburg at midnight. All that crap is coming back down. 
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2023, 11:15 AM)Sled21 Wrote: When I was still a Sergeant with Lexington PD, I told all my guys to stop whatever they were doing at 11:55PM on December 31st., and get to a bank or gas station and pull under an awning, because the whole East and West end projects would sound like Gettysburg at midnight. All that crap is coming back down. 

My buddy does roofs and says its rare to find a roof in city limits without a bullet or two lodged in them from New Years celebrations. 

Not a gun  but had an idiot come along when 5 of us teenagers were target shooting our compound bows at Long Run park. Anyway we were kind of in a group behind the imaginary line we had drawn when the idiot turns and shoots an arrow straight up in the sky while laughing and saying who feels lucky. 

Have never been so mad in my life yet fortunately it landed about 10 yards away from where anybody stood. Needless to say we unarmed the fool and never brought him along again.  Those 20 seconds waiting for it to land was no fun at all. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2023, 04:58 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I think what happened is becoming more clear but there are some things that are confusing. First is the call to 911 was done by Mixon's trainer Sean Pena. Where is Mixon if his trainer is at his house? Second, did Pena open the door for the cops when they arrived because if I remember correctly from the initial reporting, no one would answer the door until the police got a warrant to search the home hours later. Pena had just got off the phone with 911 and knew the cops were coming to the house and he acted like he wanted to talk to the cops, yet when the cops get there, no one will answer the door?

Pena is at the house with Joe's sister and Lamonte Brewer. The shots come from Mixon's back yard yet Pena is calling the police acting as if the kids are the ones that fired real guns when it was in fact coming from someone in Joes back yard. He didnt know this? After the shooting why would Mixon's sister and Brewer flee the scene with a rifle instead of talking to the police.

Mixons trainer Sean Pena calling 911
https://www.tmz.com/2023/03/08/joe-mixon-trainer-called-911-from-nfl-star-home-reported-hearing-gunshots/

still a lot of questions that need to be answered.
Yeah. Agree!

Sooner Bengals put this behind them, the better.

As my Father used to say….”you are judged by the company you keep”. Mixon should take head to that worthwhile lesson, wherever he lands.

Gotta love when other Bengals fans continue to insinuate and out and out call me a Racist and an Idiot.

Glad I don’t hang out with some of you here.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2023, 07:53 PM)M.W. Wrote: Absolutely true, if you pull a gun it should be to use it and if you don't have those intentions leave it alone.  If you pull a gun for a warning you may get shot with your own gun.

and you also need to know exactly who you are shooting at.  You cant just start shooting blindly
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2023, 10:37 AM)Sled21 Wrote: "Turn to the Riiiaaagght"

There are soooo many quotable lines from that movie.  

A buddy and I were looking for something to do one Saturday and I told him about this commercial I saw for this crazy movie that had just opened.  I loved it from the start, but he didn't take to it like I did.  I think it was the grocery store chase scene that finally won him over.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2023, 05:32 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: There are soooo many quotable lines from that movie.  

A buddy and I were looking for something to do one Saturday and I told him about this commercial I saw for this crazy movie that had just opened.  I loved it from the start, but he didn't take to it like I did.  I think it was the grocery store chase scene that finally won him over.  

"The Dip-Tet"
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2023, 05:32 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: There are soooo many quotable lines from that movie.  

"Mind you stay strapped in". I say it to the wife every time I get out of the car. 

Reply/Quote