Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mixon House Gun
(03-09-2023, 07:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Can people get out of line yet? 

Not if you declared him guilty. He's evidently not, as he's not one of the two suspects. Stay in line.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2023, 09:10 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not if you declared him guilty. He's evidently not, as he's not one of the two suspects. Stay in line.

Personally, I only declare people guilty online ASAP because it gets me out of being selected for jury duty.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2023, 09:10 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not if you declared him guilty. He's evidently not, as he's not one of the two suspects. Stay in line.

Yeah, I think folks on both sides that jumped to conclusions look silly. 

I will say the smell is getting a little more clear for me. IF I were to draw conclusions now:

The shots came from the Mixon property

Joe was not involved

The personal trainer could be going to jail longer than anyone.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
This all makes the team meeting with RBs at the combine more important. I personally like the Charbonet (sp?) kid they met with.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2023, 09:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Personally, I only declare people guilty online ASAP because it gets me out of being selected for jury duty.

Now that's funny..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
PopcornPopcornPopcorn

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
The poor judgement coupled with 11 shots that only struck only one foot makes me curious as to if the shooter was intoxicated or not ? If not then someone has serious anger issues.

Would like to see a pic of the actual nerf guns to see how real they looked still though. Hopefully since it was most likely an upscale neighborhood a security cam caught it and can bring more clarity to the situation.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2023, 11:50 AM)Go Cards Wrote: The poor judgement coupled with 11 shots that only struck only one foot makes me curious as to if the shooter was intoxicated or not ? If not then someone has serious anger issues.

Would like to see a pic of the actual nerf guns to see how real they looked still though. Hopefully since it was most likely an upscale neighborhood a security cam caught it and can bring more clarity to the situation.

11 shots with only a single foot injury says "Aiming at the ground" to me and "Unintended contact" and "just trying to scare."

But certainly poor judgement.  Just call the F'ing police.   
Reply/Quote
Crazy to think this could be the final Mixon thread on this forum aside from an impending release. If they cut him, he becomes Around the NFL conversation.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2023, 12:15 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Crazy to think this could be the final Mixon thread on this forum aside from an impending release. If they cut him, he becomes Around the NFL conversation.

The Steelers will pick him up off the scrap heap and he'll become known as "Obviously Guilty Joe."
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2023, 11:50 AM)Go Cards Wrote: The poor judgement coupled with 11 shots that only struck only one foot makes me curious as to if the shooter was intoxicated or not ? If not then someone has serious anger issues.

(03-10-2023, 12:08 PM)Stewy Wrote: 11 shots with only a single foot injury says "Aiming at the ground" to me and "Unintended contact" and "just trying to scare."

Crazy.  His trainer called it in, couldn't reliably say what was going on.  His sister is a "person of interest".  Nerf guns invoived, but some kid was shot in the foot and there were REAL shell casings found on Mixon's property.  Defense lawyers called in.  Mixon hasn't said where he was (which would clear up a whole bunch of this).  Get the suspicion that the lawyers told him not to respond to anyone, anywhere, about his whereabouts or what was going on.

Seriously...F-ing CRAZY!

If trying to scare, fire in the air, not at your feet, where you are likely to get hit, even with a ricochet.

And yeah, this will be his last activity as a Bengal. Will remember some of his great games.  Will remember how he left here, too.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2023, 12:08 PM)Stewy Wrote: 11 shots with only a single foot injury says "Aiming at the ground" to me and "Unintended contact" and "just trying to scare."

If you go with this alibi ? Then wouldn't it be hard to believe that they thought the nerf gun was real and it was fully understood it was adolescents playing around. Plus ricochets could go into surrounding houses. Not to mention that is too close for a warning, as is 11 shots imo. 

Would believe if one thought it was some sort of automatic weapon that could return fire ? It would be a foolish gamble to fire warning shots at the ground that could be confused with an assault and have them open fire back at you especially with your family or friends in the house behind you. 

Yet them not turning themselves in makes me believe some sort of intoxication was involved in their poor judgement. If the story was how the trainer said, then why hide ?

Yet still too much we don't know, so I will quit speculating.   

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2023, 01:50 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: Crazy.  His trainer called it in, couldn't reliably say what was going on.  His sister is a "person of interest".  Nerf guns invoived, but some kid was shot in the foot and there were REAL shell casings found on Mixon's property.  Defense lawyers called in.  Mixon hasn't said where he was (which would clear up a whole bunch of this).  Get the suspicion that the lawyers told him not to respond to anyone, anywhere, about his whereabouts or what was going on.

Seriously...F-ing CRAZY!

If trying to scare, fire in the air, not at your feet, where you are likely to get hit, even with a ricochet.

And yeah, this will be his last activity as a Bengal. Will remember some of his great games.  Will remember how he left here, too.

Sorry, but that is 100% the most asinine thing I have ever read on this board. Every round going up into the air is coming down somewhere with enough force to kill someone. If you are going to do something stupid, at least have the decency to just injure yourself and not someone a mile away ordering a milkshake.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2023, 03:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Sorry, but that is 100% the most asinine thing I have ever read on this board. Every round going up into the air is coming down somewhere with enough force to kill someone. If you are going to do something stupid, at least have the decency to just injure yourself and not someone a mile away ordering a milkshake.

I knew a guy in the Army who got shot right in the nipple because someone, somewhere in Baghdad shot a round up into the air. That round had to come down somewhere. And that somewhere was his nipple. Hit his rib and tracked along until it stopped in his armpit. As far as GSWs go, not that bad. But, exactly why you don’t fire rounds into the air.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2023, 01:50 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: Crazy.  His trainer called it in, couldn't reliably say what was going on.  His sister is a "person of interest".  Nerf guns invoived, but some kid was shot in the foot and there were REAL shell casings found on Mixon's property.  Defense lawyers called in.  Mixon hasn't said where he was (which would clear up a whole bunch of this).  Get the suspicion that the lawyers told him not to respond to anyone, anywhere, about his whereabouts or what was going on.

Seriously...F-ing CRAZY!

No, absolutely not. You do not fire a weapon as a warning shot to scare someone. That bullet you fired into the air is going to come down and if you are anywhere near a residential area, someone could get hurt or killed. That gun should only be coming out when it is absolutely necessary and a round should only be fired if absolutely necessary. Anything else is just negligent handling of a firearm. 
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2023, 03:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Sorry, but that is 100% the most asinine thing I have ever read on this board. Every round going up into the air is coming down somewhere with enough force to kill someone. If you are going to do something stupid, at least have the decency to just injure yourself and not someone a mile away ordering a milkshake.

(03-10-2023, 04:33 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I knew a guy in the Army who got shot right in the nipple because someone, somewhere in Baghdad shot a round up into the air. That round had to come down somewhere. And that somewhere was his nipple. Hit his rib and tracked along until it stopped in his armpit. As far as GSWs go, not that bad. But, exactly why you don’t fire rounds into the air.

Seen more than one bad weapon safety things in this thread... A weapon under your pillow? That's a good way to shoot your wife while rolling around in bed.  Fire a warning shot into the air? Good way to kill a random person just going about their day. In fact when carrying a loaded weapon the barrel should always be point down at the ground JUST IN CASE it accidentally goes off.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2023, 04:33 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I knew a guy in the Army who got shot right in the nipple because someone, somewhere in Baghdad shot a round up into the air. That round had to come down somewhere. And that somewhere was his nipple. Hit his rib and tracked along until it stopped in his armpit. As far as GSWs go, not that bad. But, exactly why you don’t fire rounds into the air.

Yeah, I can imagine nipple shots being the worst.....
Reply/Quote
I think what happened is becoming more clear but there are some things that are confusing. First is the call to 911 was done by Mixon's trainer Sean Pena. Where is Mixon if his trainer is at his house? Second, did Pena open the door for the cops when they arrived because if I remember correctly from the initial reporting, no one would answer the door until the police got a warrant to search the home hours later. Pena had just got off the phone with 911 and knew the cops were coming to the house and he acted like he wanted to talk to the cops, yet when the cops get there, no one will answer the door?

Pena is at the house with Joe's sister and Lamonte Brewer. The shots come from Mixon's back yard yet Pena is calling the police acting as if the kids are the ones that fired real guns when it was in fact coming from someone in Joes back yard. He didnt know this? After the shooting why would Mixon's sister and Brewer flee the scene with a rifle instead of talking to the police.

Mixons trainer Sean Pena calling 911
https://www.tmz.com/2023/03/08/joe-mixon-trainer-called-911-from-nfl-star-home-reported-hearing-gunshots/

still a lot of questions that need to be answered.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2023, 04:58 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I think what happened is becoming more clear but there are some things that are confusing.  First is the call to 911 was done by Mixon's trainer Sean Pena.  Where is Mixon if his trainer is at his house?  Second, did Pena open the door for the cops when they arrived because if I remember correctly from the initial reporting, no one would answer the door until the police got a warrant to search the home hours later.  Pena had just got off the phone with 911 and knew the cops were coming to the house and he acted like he wanted to talk to the cops, yet when the cops get there, no one will answer the door?

Pena is at the house with Joe's sister and Lamonte Brewer.  The shots come from Mixon's back yard yet Pena is calling the police acting as if the kids are the ones that fired real guns when it was in fact coming from someone in Joes back yard. He didnt know this?  After the shooting why would Mixon's sister and Brewer flee the scene with a rifle instead of talking to the police.

Mixons trainer Sean Pena calling 911
https://www.tmz.com/2023/03/08/joe-mixon-trainer-called-911-from-nfl-star-home-reported-hearing-gunshots/

still a lot of questions that need to be answered.

Might know the answer to the bolded. As I mentioned in a previous post here ( http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Mixon-House-Gun?pid=1337787#pid1337787) it looks like that Brewer dude was a multi time felon and was previously convicted of being a felon in possession of a firearm that he had tucked in his waistband while driving around. The recidivism rate on stupid is incredibly high. 

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2023, 09:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Personally, I only declare people guilty online ASAP because it gets me out of being selected for jury duty.

Unless of course you're being charged in the crime.. Then you want to be on the jury. That actually happened a few years ago.. The defendant was selected for jury duty for his own trial. When the bailiff called his name to appear before the judge he raised his hand sitting on his own jury..  Man! You gotta be some kind of specialized stupid for that one..  Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote