Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mixon House Gun
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/oklahomas-joe-mixon-shows-no-shred-of-remorse-for-punching-a-woman/

I'm all about 2nd chances. Mixon got his. But, while this happened before he was a Bengal, he's now a star in the NFL...not a bit player buried on the depth chart of a team...he's the star RB on a SB team. He signed a big time, multi-million dollar extension. He has eyes on him. Is it really that hard to represent yourself in a respectful manner?

I like Mixon. He is one of a long line of Bengals RBs who, at some time in their career here, were the best in the league. You can carry yourself as such. Or, you can go down the Burfict road. We all saw where that led.

This is a team that has a great locker room. This sort of stuff is a distraction. Again, don't care whose gun(s) they are, or who shot them. You don't shoot people in the street, unless they're firing missiles at you. If they're "nerf" darts, even worse. If you have people in your home who would do such a thing, kick them out. I can't even fathom someone in my home who's taking pot shots at someone across the yard or across the street. And, a "hundred-aire", not a millionaire, with a lot more to lose.

This is not about race. I'm insulted anyone would insinuate that I'm racist in the slightest bit.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 07:51 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Don’t know that I’ve ever seen the word chartreuse on this board.

UPDATE: By my search, that is the first time a poster has ever typed the word chartreuse on this football message board. Congrats! Although someone did share an article that mentioned the word once before.

I'm honored.  I'd like to thank the Bengals Academy, my Mother, my English Teacher.....
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 07:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Burrow seems more like the quiet guy who is found with like 10+ people buried in his basement and the entire neighborhood grapples with the frightening reality that he seemed so nice and they never saw this coming in a zillion years.

Well, his high school basketball coach (a sociology professor) did say that he had similar personality traits to a serial killer.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 10:31 PM)samhain Wrote: Well, his high school basketball coach (a sociology professor) did say that he had similar personality traits to a serial killer.

Fact.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Seems McPhearson might have to give up the nickname of Shooter
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 10:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems McPhearson might have to give up the nickname of Shooter

[Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 10:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems McPhearson might have to give up the nickname of Shooter

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Uh-oh-Joe-Mixon?page=2

Post #30. I already made a similar joke in the other Mixon gun thread.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 11:56 AM)Sled21 Wrote: So now if Mixon is out of town, and something happens at the neighbors that spills onto a corner of his yard, he's putting himself in bad situations. Got it..... Sarcasm

Not the point, in today's media age society, you are guilty til proven innocent. 
New is already running with it that juvenile was shot, wasn't til later that we find out he might not have even there, here's some sample headlines that are already out there, they don't exactly paint a pretty picture and not everyone will actually read the articles, alot more than you think will just run with the headline.

Bengals star Joe Mixon is surrounded by police after a shooting

Joe Mixon Being Investigated For Allegedly Shooting At Kids ...

Child Shot at Bengals RB Joe Mixon's Home - Sports Illustrated

Bengals Joe Mixon Being Accused of Shooting Teen
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 04:15 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: It is worth noting that the modern day United States is significantly less violent than it was when you were a kid. I am not sure of your exact age, so I will just throw a few years out. In 1970, the murder rate was 7.9 per 100k residents. Last year, it was 6.4, and that is with an increase. Throughout the 2010's, it was in the mid 4's. 

In 1974, the murder rate was 9.7. 

In 1980, it was 10.2. 

The modern U.S. has roughly cut the murder rate in half since you were a kid. There may be more overall murders, but the population is significantly larger. Since 1980, the country has grown by over 100MM people. Overall murders have barely risen (depends on the year you look at, they have likely dropped), and the murder rate has significantly dropped. 

Now, Louisville KY has gotten more violent. Murders have gone up but population has gone down. 

Just got off work but as Sled pointed out the # of shootings are way up and imo the world is much more violent than it was 50 years ago. 

Sled also correctly pointed out how bad Louisville is getting and it is a sad sight to witness.

Not looking to argue, but I can promise you the population in Louisville has definitely not gone down and risen considerably since the 70's without looking at any #'s. Probably would be much closer to supporting the #'s you posted for the country, yet now has many more hospitals too. They must have counted the county then and now just count city limits or something. Because it was a lot of farm land that has all been filled with apartments or neighborhoods. Many roads were added and widened since as well. Thinking there is 10 times the amount of people and many folks have spilled over filling all surrounding counties as well. Miss the old Louisville that was reminiscent of a Mayberry RFD type city back then. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2023, 03:13 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Just got off work but as Sled pointed out the # of shootings are way up and imo the world is much more violent than it was 50 years ago. 

Sled also correctly pointed out how bad Louisville is getting and it is a sad sight to witness.

They are not. I pointed this out later in the thread. The total # of shootings is down 70% from 1993 alone. In 1993, over 1.5MM people were shot both fatally and non-fatally. It's less than 500k now. The world is significantly more peaceful. However, we have a 24 hour news cycle. We hear about every single thing that happens and it makes us paranoid. 

Quote:I can promise you the population in Louisville has definitely not gone down and risen considerably since the 70's without looking at any #'s. 

So, this is both right and wrong. I, however, was wrong. The population of Louisville in 1970 was 740k. In 2022, it was 789k. I had originally read low 600's, but it looks like that was data for the mid 2010's. The city has not grown considerably, but the suburbs have. 
Reply/Quote
I guess I don’t care if shootings are up, down or sideways (at least not within the context of Joe Mixon).

I do care that this is a team on the cusp of becoming a dynasty. Any player, of any color….vermillion, cerulean (the GF just came up with those), green, doesn’t matter…any player who has a history of violent behavior and either is guilty of shooting at kids on his street or allows someone to shoot people from his house, regardless of reason (they were in the street and the shooting was coming from someone inside the house…seriously?), is not moving this team in a positive direction.

In fairness, we don’t know if it was Joe, if it wasn’t Joe. The cops aren’t saying (which leads me to personally believe it was him). His sister allegedly said he wasn’t home, but didn’t say where he was at the time. And, the fact that the shooter isn’t identified makes me think whoever was in the house was granted some professional courtesy.

Regardless of all of that, it showed a poor instance of judgement, piled on other poor instances in the past. If someone was in my home, and I found out they were shooting at kids in the street, I’d be pressing charges against that person, for no other reason than to clear my own name. If there was any doubt of my whereabouts during such an incident, I’d make damned sure I made it public of my whereabouts to show my innocence. If it wasn’t me doing the shooting, I’d make loud declarations that whoever was in the house shooting at kids, was no longer allowed anywhere near me or my home, and that I was no longer associated with them.

Joe’s trade value just took a nose dive. If there was even a smidgen of hope that he could resign with the Bengals, even at a reduced contract number, that’s now gone.

He’ll hook up with some team who will give him a low ball contract. We’ll see with whom and for how much. I think in both scenarios, he’ll be disappointed. No one to blame but himself.

This team’s sites are much higher. To get there, they don’t need this type of BS creeping into the team’s psyche.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 10:31 PM)samhain Wrote: Well, his high school basketball coach (a sociology professor) did say that he had similar personality traits to a serial killer.

And Jesse Bates said  he wouldn't be surprised if he had bodies buried in his basement.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2023, 10:52 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: They are not. I pointed this out later in the thread. The total # of shootings is down 70% from 1993 alone. In 1993, over 1.5MM people were shot both fatally and non-fatally. It's less than 500k now. The world is significantly more peaceful. However, we have a 24 hour news cycle. We hear about every single thing that happens and it makes us paranoid. 

So, this is both right and wrong. I, however, was wrong. The population of Louisville in 1970 was 740k. In 2022, it was 789k. I had originally read low 600's, but it looks like that was data for the mid 2010's. The city has not grown considerably, but the suburbs have. 

Louisville Ky is Jefferson County and the population was 361,477 in 1970 and 780,449 in 2022 ?

And yes the suburbs has risen as well, for example Bullitt County population was 26,090 in 1970 and in 2021 the population is 82,918. 

Oddly I said you were right and that the #'s would support your #'s about nation violent crimes and Louisville was not the exception to the rule as you claimed and that I did not want to argue. Yet here we are with condescension being slung around. 

What do you tell the girls as a pick up line ? According to Healthline the average penis size is between 5.1 to 5.5 inches so my 5.3, you should be more than adequate enough to satisfy you baby. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2023, 12:01 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Louisville Ky is Jefferson County and the population was 361,477 in 1970 and 780,449 in 2022 ?

And yes the suburbs has risen as well, for example Bullitt County population was 26,090 in 1970 and in 2021 the population is 82,918. 

Oddly I said you were right and that the #'s would support your #'s about nation violent crimes and Louisville was not the exception to the rule as you claimed and that I did not want to argue. Yet here we are with condescension being slung around. 

What do you tell the girls as a pick up line ? According to Healthline the average penis size is between 5.1 to 5.5 inches so my 5.3, you should be more than adequate enough to satisfy you baby. 

Alright, this is a weird post. I am not meaning to be condescending. I even said that I was wrong, and it looks like I am even more wrong. The data that I was reading that has Louisville population at 740k in 1970 is metro population and I missed that originally as well. I thought it was city population and my thought was that that city population has remained stagnant but metro grew due to a suburb boom. Basically, I missed everything on Louisville. I'm sorry if I am coming across that way, but I have no idea how some line about penis size fits into this. I'm not sure what you were trying to say there. 
Reply/Quote

I see a great Netflix series brewing in 10 yrs after we get a SB win of course. 
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2023, 11:14 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: I guess I don’t care if shootings are up, down or sideways (at least not within the context of Joe Mixon).

I do care that this is a team on the cusp of becoming a dynasty.  Any player, of any color….vermillion, cerulean (the GF just came up with those), green, doesn’t matter…any player who has a history of violent behavior and either is guilty of shooting at kids on his street or allows someone to shoot people from his house, regardless of reason (they were in the street and the shooting was coming from someone inside the house…seriously?), is not moving this team in a positive direction.

In fairness, we don’t know if it was Joe, if it wasn’t Joe.  The cops aren’t saying (which leads me to personally believe it was him).  His sister allegedly said he wasn’t home, but didn’t say where he was at the time.  And, the fact that the shooter isn’t identified makes me think whoever was in the house was granted some professional courtesy.

Regardless of all of that, it showed a poor instance of judgement, piled on other poor instances in the past. If someone was in my home, and I found out they were shooting at kids in the street, I’d be pressing charges against that person, for no other reason than to clear my own name.  If there was any doubt of my whereabouts during such an incident, I’d make damned sure I made it public of my whereabouts to show my innocence.  If it wasn’t me doing the shooting, I’d make loud declarations that whoever was in the house shooting at kids, was no longer allowed anywhere near me or my home, and that I was no longer associated with them.

Joe’s trade value just took a nose dive.  If there was even a smidgen of hope that he could resign with the Bengals, even at a reduced contract number, that’s now gone.

He’ll hook up with some team who will give him a low ball contract.  We’ll see with whom and for how much.  I think in both scenarios, he’ll be disappointed.  No one to blame but himself.

This team’s sites are much higher.  To get there, they don’t need this type of BS creeping into the team’s psyche.

Raiders maybe a good fit for Mixon.  
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 11:46 AM)higgy100 Wrote: LMAO. Yaaaaa, just starting to.First off, you have no clue the details. Secondly, tell me the last time a Bengals player had an issue at all with a player? Going on 6-7 years. Maybe Boyd that long ago.I'd bet every single team in the NFL has had a player arrested/in trouble/ some issue before this past month and having Cinci. in the news.

You are clueless if you think we totally wiped our repuation clean.  People still associate Burfict and Pacman with us. 

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2023, 12:26 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: You are clueless if you think we totally wiped our repuation clean.  People still associate Burfict and Pacman with us. 

Yep!  For a good long while it seemed it was a race between who had the most criminal activity....the Steelers, the Ravens or the Bengals.  You can now throw the Browns into that mix with Watson, too.

The facts we know...

A single person shot 11 times at kids in the street from Joe Mixon's house.  One kid was injured.

What we don't know...

-if it was Joe Mixon doing the shooting
-if it wasn't Joe Mixon, who was it and where was Joe Mixon at the time?
-why did Joe Mixon let someone in his house who had access to his gun(s) or had their own gun(s) and thought it was OK to shoot at kids in the street
Reply/Quote
Well to get back on subject:

Something here does pass the "smell test" if reports are accurate that 7 shots were fired from the home into the yard toward people, and police put evidence markers in the yard (supposedly marking shell casing). All this with no arrest.

Of course, I'm not saying Joe fired but if someone from that home fired at children and no arrest was made, then that is worrisome.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 04:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Do you think people would be so willing to determine guilt here if it were Joe Burrow's house instead of Joe Mixon's?

I picture Burrow's evening as him cuddling the significant other on the couch while streaming Netflix. Occasionally, it gets contentious when she asks Joe about Olivia Dunne.

Some kids in the neighborhood play with their nerf guns and people in Mixon's house go all guns ablaze with real firearms.

I guess people wouldn't determine guilt with Burrow since his past does not exemplify questionable behavior to the extent Mixon has exhibited.
Reply/Quote