Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mixon House Gun
(03-07-2023, 05:22 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Charbonet's speed on film doesn't look great - I want a burner. 

He's got good burst and shiftiness during his runs though. His ability to create big plays is because he knows how to navigate through defenders. His style is dependable and sustainable play to play...something this running game also desperately needs.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 04:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I can't recall the last time the Bengals traded UP in the 2nd round.
They've traded BACK twice in the 2nd round, which ended up being the selections of Drew Sample and Jackson Carman.
Depending on who is available at 28, it may not be the craziest thing to see them trade back into the late 30's and pick up extra pick(s) as well.

They traded UP to get CTB in 2022
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 05:28 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: He's got good burst and shiftiness during his runs though. His ability to create big plays is because he knows how to navigate through defenders. His style is dependable and sustainable play to play...something this running game also desperately needs.

Yeah, I like Charbonnet myself. The Bengals must see the same thing as they met with him. I also like Chase Brown who is a very 
good pass protector and a patient runner who has good vision and burst, smart too which is an underrated quality with RB's. Still 
wanting Roschon Johnson maybe the most, I think he has the highest ceiling of the RB's after his teammate Bijan Robinson.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 04:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How close would someone have to be pointing this at you before you were 100% certain it was not a threat?
[Image: gunovfjgqut11.jpg]

arent all toy guns suppose to have a Red plastic tip on the barrell?
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 05:32 PM)BengalBob Wrote: They traded UP to get CTB in 2022

I had honestly not even realized they did given how close it was to the actual pick they had.
Apparently they traded up from 63 to 60.

Thank you for helping make me aware.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
From Channel 19 they are now saying that anywhere from 7 to 11 shots were fired from Mixon's house. They also reported there is video on the internet showing the event but they havent been able to confirm if its legit just yet.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 04:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Do you think people would be so willing to determine guilt here if it were Joe Burrow's house instead of Joe Mixon's?

Probably not, but Joe Burrow wasn't accused of threatening someone with a gun just a month ago.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 05:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: arent all toy guns suppose to have a Red plastic tip on the barrell?

Yeah, but these kids modify them. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 06:06 PM)Roland Wrote: Probably not, but Joe Burrow wasn't accused of threatening someone with a gun just a month ago.

And those charges were immediately rescinded....
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 04:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How close would someone have to be pointing this at you before you were 100% certain it was not a threat?
[Image: gunovfjgqut11.jpg]

First off, that particular model comes in red and blue and has orange safety tips on the barrel.  

Now if, for the sake of argument, these kids had modified their Nerf guns like this, that's just bad parenting.  

You're never 100% safe in any situation.  Now me, I would think what's more likely, this kid has some super exotic SMG that I've never seen or heard of before or this is a kid playing with a toy gun as kids tend to do.

Of course, it's also tough to tell when you're shooting from one of the windows of your house into the neighbor's yard, as in this case.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 04:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Ray Rice? He was the one punching his woman in the elevator.

As did Mixon!  It's on video!  Still don't have Mixon confused.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 04:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Do you think people would be so willing to determine guilt here if it were Joe Burrow's house instead of Joe Mixon's?

Does Joe Burrow have a history of violence? 

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 06:47 PM)Whatever Wrote: First off, that particular model comes in red and blue and has orange safety tips on the barrel.  

Now if, for the sake of argument, these kids had modified their Nerf guns like this, that's just bad parenting.  

You're never 100% safe in any situation.  Now me, I would think what's more likely, this kid has some super exotic SMG that I've never seen or heard of before or this is a kid playing with a toy gun as kids tend to do.

Of course, it's also tough to tell when you're shooting from one of the windows of your house into the neighbor's yard, as in this case.

Yeah, I meant to type more in my original. Without going PnR I definitely think owning a firearm comes with a high degree of responsibility.

I do think the term 'kids" is a little misleading. These were teenagers in High School. Now I may have been unique but I quit playing with toys prior to HS

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 07:08 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: As did Mixon!  It's on video!  Still don't have Mixon confused.

Rice was in the elevator. Mixon was not. Believe that hit occurred at a restaurant. That is why people are saying you are getting them confused.
Reply/Quote

If Burrow had violently knocked out girlfriend..... on video, and had his house cordoned off as a crime scene because gun shots came out of it, I don't see why he wouldn't be viewed suspiciously.  But, Burrow hasn't done any of that.  

You remind me a little Andy Furman, the old WLW Sportscaster.  He loved doing race baiting to make the talk show phones light up.

No matter if you're purple, green, or chartruese.  Smaking your girlfriend so hard she ends up on the floor, letting people in your house (whether you're there, or not) to shoot people on the street, etc ain't right.   It's not a race thing, as you want it to be.
Reply/Quote

Burrow seems more like the quiet guy who is found with like 10+ people buried in his basement and the entire neighborhood grapples with the frightening reality that he seemed so nice and they never saw this coming in a zillion years.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 07:36 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: If Burrow had violently knocked out girlfriend..... on video, and had his house cordoned off as a crime scene because gun shots came out of it, I don't see why he wouldn't be viewed suspiciously.  But, Burrow hasn't done any of that.  

You remind me a little Andy Furman, the old WLW Sportscaster.  He loved doing race baiting to make the talk show phones light up.

No matter if you're purple, green, or chartruese.  Smaking your girlfriend so hard she ends up on the floor, letting people in your house (whether you're there, or not) to shoot people on the street, etc ain't right.   It's not a race thing, as you want it to be.

Don’t know that I’ve ever seen the word chartreuse on this board.

UPDATE: By my search, that is the first time a poster has ever typed the word chartreuse on this football message board. Congrats! Although someone did share an article that mentioned the word once before.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 07:36 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: If Burrow had violently knocked out girlfriend..... on video, and had his house cordoned off as a crime scene because gun shots came out of it, I don't see why he wouldn't be viewed suspiciously.  But, Burrow hasn't done any of that.  

I agree with your premise but I also agree you might have elements of Ray Rice and Joe Mixon "intertwined". The girl Mixon smacked was not his girlfriend, the girl Rice punched was his girlfriend. I'm also not sure if the girl Mixon hit was knocked out. She did go down and suffered injury. In the Rice video he is shown trying to move his "knocked out" fiance. 

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 07:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, I meant to type more in my original. Without going PnR I definitely think owning a firearm comes with a high degree of responsibility.

I do think the term 'kids" is a little misleading. These were teenagers in High School. Now I may have been unique but I quit playing with toys prior to HS

When I got out of college, I had a second job at a paintball park for awhile.  Had to deal with tons of teenagers.  Nerf is basically just airsoft/paintball for people with low pain tolerance.  I can see how teens would be into it.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 07:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Burrow seems more like the quiet guy who is found with like 10+ people buried in his basement and the entire neighborhood grapples with the frightening reality that he seemed so nice and they never saw this coming in a zillion years.

LOL!!!   Hilarious  
Reply/Quote