Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mixon House Gun
(03-07-2023, 12:54 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: In no way is shooting a kid in the nieghborhood that is carrying a nerf gun an "understandable response". What the hell world am I living in these days. 

One where they make children's toy guns realistic looking enough to be confused in the dark, and one where home invasions are not uncommon, especially rich homes?
Reply/Quote
Lots of the comments on here echoing the shoddy journalism the last 12 hours.

How about letting the facts of the case determine the consequences of what actually happened.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 01:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: One where they make children's toy guns realistic looking enough to be confused in the dark, and one where home invasions are not uncommon, especially rich homes?

I'd be willing to bet home invasions in and around the neighborhood where Mixon lives are extremely uncommon. Sorry, but Im not open firing on a kid walking down the street even if it seems like he could have a gun. That's just weird. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 12:54 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: In no way is shooting a kid in the nieghborhood that is carrying a nerf gun an "understandable response". What the hell world am I living in these days. 

How would throw home owner know it was a nerf gun?  
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 12:42 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I just don't get how you can possibly say that without knowing the facts about the story. That's bizarre. 

Which story are you talking about? There's many more than 1. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The mainstream media almost NEVER gets a story correct initially. I’ll patiently await a proper investigation.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 12:40 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You are doing a lot of assuming there and bordering on racism. 

Racism? Really? In what way? How does race play into this, at all?
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 01:43 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I'd be willing to bet home invasions in and around the neighborhood where Mixon lives are extremely uncommon. Sorry, but Im not open firing on a kid walking down the street even if it seems like he could have a gun. That's just weird. 

To quote a member of this forum

(03-07-2023, 12:40 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You are doing a lot of assuming there and bordering on racism. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 01:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think you have your running backs confused......

I’ll bite. Confused with who?
Reply/Quote
Such a sad turn of events.

When I was a kid we always had fake snub nose cap pistols and not those cheap caps that were in a roll, the loud ones that always went off. Had BB gun fights as well where the only rules were no head, neck, or nut shots and no pellet guns allowed.

Was not uncommon to see boys with guns walking neighborhoods and we all owned real shotguns as well that we knew to only take to the woods to shoot. Yet you had to walk the neighborhood to get to the woods. Those days are gone in this crazy world per all the violence society is immersed in these days.

When I was young there were just a couple murders a year in Louisville Ky, but sadly that is nearly 200 a year now.

But did look up nerf gun images and unless the kid painted it all black then it should have been noticeable before an actual shot was fired. Probably an old man with poor eyesight and judgement who pulled trigger that he now regrets.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 02:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: To quote a member of this forum

Lol ohhhh boy you got me! 
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 02:44 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Such a sad turn of events.

When I was a kid we always had fake snub nose cap pistols and not those cheap caps that were in a roll, the loud ones that always went off. Had BB gun fights as well where the only rules were no head, neck, or nut shots and no pellet guns allowed.  

Was not uncommon to see boys with guns walking neighborhoods and we all owned real shotguns as well that we knew to only take to the woods to shoot. Yet you had to walk the neighborhood to get to the woods. Those days are gone in this crazy world per all the violence society is immersed in these days.

When I was young there were just a couple murders a year in Louisville Ky, but sadly that is nearly 200 a year now.  

But did look up nerf gun images and unless the kid painted it all black then it should have been noticeable before an actual shot was fired. Probably an old man with poor eyesight and judgement who pulled trigger that he now regrets.

Yep - the amount of a role that guns play in todays culture is truly bizarre and unfortunate. There was a shooting between kids in Delhi last night as well. 

I don't really have a pro or anti gun stance. If people want to own a gun, more power to them. Put keep the damn thing under your pillow until you need it. Everyone these days has one clipped around their belt just waiting for someone to act up so that they can whip it out and act like they're John Rambo. Loser city. 

Now you have athletes like Ja Morant and the bball player from Alabama toting guns around thinking they are cool - kids def notice that crap and are doing the same thing. I am pretty sick of gun culture. 
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 02:49 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Yep - the amount of a role that guns play in todays culture is truly bizarre and unfortunate. There was a shooting between kids in Delhi last night as well. 

I don't really have a pro or anti gun stance. If people want to own a gun, more power to them. Put keep the damn thing under your pillow until you need it. Everyone these days has one clipped around their belt just waiting for someone to act up so that they can whip it out and act like they're John Rambo. Loser city. 

Now you have athletes like Ja Morant and the kid from Alabama toting guns around thinking they are cool - kids def notice that crap and are doing the same thing. I am pretty sick of gun culture. 

Please don't put your gun under your pillow.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Back 15+ years ago, Lakota schools (or at least West) used to have multiple organized Nerf Wars among the school kids that involved kids being able to get any of their classmates as long as it was A) off school property, B) off church property, C) the person wasn't actively at work, and D) couldn't enter someone's home without someone's permission.
But there were quite a lot of teenagers driving around town chasing classmates and also sneaking around houses to surprise each other.

I am not sure if they still do these, but I can imagine it'd require a lot more carefulness nowadays given how people are so much more twitchy to assume actual firearms without thinking before reacting.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Must of been Joe he has not seen the holes in the run game in years.  Ninja Ninja Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 01:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: One where they make children's toy guns realistic looking enough to be confused in the dark, and one where home invasions are not uncommon, especially rich homes?

I support 2nd Amendment rights within reason, but if you're blind and/or dumb enough to mistake a Nerf gun for a real gun, you have no business owning a firearm.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 10:10 AM)Sled21 Wrote: How do you post an article and get this......

From this.....

Maybe the kid was shot, maybe the kid shot a gun and Joe belted him for it. Why not wait until there's actually a legit report? I'm not defending Mixon, nor am I condemning him yet. I would like to see us move on, but c'mon....

True, no need for knee jerk reactions especially with something like this.

(03-07-2023, 10:40 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yup. This story seems overblown at this point. People rushing to judgment. It was originally his neighbors house that was taped off, then hours later they extended it to Joe’s house. One evidence marker ended up in his yard (does not mean he had anything to do with it, just that he lives nearby).

I haven’t even heard confirmation that he was home when it happened. They let a car in later that evening after they decided to search his home, that car could have very well been Mixon. Now if he wasn’t home you’d think they would be yelling that from the rooftops already, but we just don’t know anything at this point.

I’m fine if we are done with Mixon for play, salary, etc but nobody should be spouting off about this incident when we know absolutely nothing yet.

Thanks, time to move on anyways and this gives us an out as Weezy said. 
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 03:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, no need for knee jerk reactions especially with something like this.

Thanks, time to move on anyways and this gives us an out as Weezy said. 

I don't get this.  First you say no need for knee jerk reactions (which I agree with) then you say this gives the Bengals an out.  That seems to indicate that the opinion is Mixon did something wrong.  Also the Bengals don't need an out.  The NFL is a business and this year is a good year to let him go with a post-June 1st designation to save some money after he had a fairly disappointing season.  Unless he is actually guilty of something and has some clause in his contract related to that which would forfeit some money then money wise it won't matter either way.   If the Bengals have been considering cutting Mixon this year, which I think many here agree they should, it isn't like they were sitting around hoping for some drama to give them an "out".   They would just do it and almost no one one blame them for it.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 02:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Please don't put your gun under your pillow.

Yeah the gun fairy never brings anything good
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 03:33 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I don't get this.  First you say no need for knee jerk reactions (which I agree with) then you say this gives the Bengals an out.  That seems to indicate that the opinion is Mixon did something wrong.  Also the Bengals don't need an out.  The NFL is a business and this year is a good year to let him go with a post-June 1st designation to save some money after he had a fairly disappointing season.  Unless he is actually guilty of something and has some clause in his contract related to that which would forfeit some money then money wise it won't matter either way.   If the Bengals have been considering cutting Mixon this year, which I think many here agree they should, it isn't like they were sitting around hopping for some drama to give them an "out".   They would just do it and almost no one one blame them for it.

Just saying we most likely were going to cut him anyways George. 

This makes it make even more sense even if he has nothing to do with any of it. Wish him the best and for his troubles to be over with.

Sucks how something just happening around you now a days can shed a poor light on you, but it is the world we live in unfortunately.
Reply/Quote