Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mixon House Gun
(03-07-2023, 10:54 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Exactly, so to sit here and say its "overblown" is as premature as saying "Mixon shot a kid". 

It is overblown because people are taking rumors and speculation as fact. I’m not saying he’s innocent, but it’s overblown currently with the information available. It’s irresponsible to go around making the kind of accusations and comments people are making across the internet.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
According to WLW this morning on the Mike McConnell show, the kid was running through the neighborhood with a Nerf gun (allegedly they have these "wars" frequently), and he was shot in the foot either in Joe's yard, or the neighbor's. A portion of the yard toward the edge of the property was marked off. It's not known if he was home. I don't know who shot the kid, but it appears that someone saw the gun and freaked out.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 11:23 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: It is overblown because people are taking rumors and speculation as fact. I’m not saying he’s innocent, but it’s overblown currently with the information available. It’s irresponsible to go around making the kind of accusations and comments people are making across the internet.

Well, it's the internet, so..... Tongue

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 03:41 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: That's not a good look.
Right now with Mixon being possibly on the bubble, he should be laying low.

Something happening at Mixons House doesnt mean he was there.

Ill wait for all the facts before making any snap judgements
Reply/Quote
Twitter is saying Mixon isn't even in town.

Is this a real gun or a nerf gun? Big difference.

Mixon house being in the way of this incidence doesn't make Mixon a contributor.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 04:46 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Thanks a lot Mixon.  We were just starting to shed our crappy reputation for being a team of criminals and he gets himself involved in 2 different gun related situations in 2 months.

LMAO. Yaaaaa, just starting to.First off, you have no clue the details. Secondly, tell me the last time a Bengals player had an issue at all with a player? Going on 6-7 years. Maybe Boyd that long ago.I'd bet every single team in the NFL has had a player arrested/in trouble/ some issue before this past month and having Cinci. in the news.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 11:31 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Something happening at Mixons House doesnt mean he was there.

Ill wait for all the facts before making any snap judgements

For all we know he had a friends kid ,a nephew, a cousins kid, etc. watching his house while he was away.
Reply/Quote
So now if Mixon is out of town, and something happens at the neighbors that spills onto a corner of his yard, he's putting himself in bad situations. Got it..... Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 11:25 AM)Wyche Wrote: According to WLW this morning on the Mike McConnell show, the kid was running through the neighborhood with a Nerf gun (allegedly they have these "wars" frequently), and he was shot in the foot either in Joe's yard, or the neighbor's. A portion of the yard toward the edge of the property was marked off. It's not known if he was home. I don't know who shot the kid, but it appears that someone saw the gun and freaked out.

Joe's sister put out a statement saying he was not involved in the situation, whatever it was. If that turns out to be true, I wonder how many now loudly condemning him will loudly apologize, or will they just shrink back into the bushes.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 12:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Joe's sister put out a statement saying he was not involved in the situation, whatever it was. If that turns out to be true, I wonder how many now loudly condemning him will loudly apologize, or will they just shrink back into the bushes.

Oh, you know it will be the latter.....

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 11:45 AM)QueenCity Wrote: Twitter is saying Mixon isn't even in town.  

Is this a real gun or a nerf gun?  Big difference.

Mixon house being in the way of this incidence doesn't make Mixon a contributor.

The way I understand it, he had the Nerf gun, and was shot in the foot with a real one.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 12:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Joe's sister put out a statement saying he was not involved in the situation, whatever it was. If that turns out to be true, I wonder how many now loudly condemning him will loudly apologize, or will they just shrink back into the bushes.

Oh, I think you know the answer to that. Doesn't work that way anymore in a world lacking free thinkers. Arse clowns that have never even received a W-2  in their lives can yap about anything on twitter and the minions run with it with their primary goal being to report it first versus getting it correct.
Reply/Quote
I dunno.....how does a pro NFL player, one who's a millionaire, living in a sweet neighborhood, where it's highly unlikely thugs would live, turn into the thug of the street?

I get it. If he was a kid off the street who got drafted and signed his first big paycheck, it would be somewhat understandable (not good, but understandable). Bengals said..."hey Joe, you're contrite over the smoking the GF around in the elevator, come play for us." On top of that, they gave him another contract, paying him even more money.

So, he was relatively quiet, played football, many times played quite well. But recently, has seen his play slip, and his incidences with law enforcement go up. I don't know if he's guilty of anything. But, when you're pulling guns on people, having your home cordoned off with yellow police tape, something ain't right.

He's either hanging with the (WAY) wrong crowd (at least, I hope that's the only thing wrong), or something much more nefarious is going on.

Either way, this team is now filled with people focused on winning Super Bowls. Joe doesn't seem to fit in with that.

Time to move on.
Reply/Quote
It's been a rough off season for Joe Mixon. Hopefully, Mixon is not involved in this story the way it seems he is.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 12:30 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: I dunno.....how does a pro NFL player, one who's a millionaire, living in a sweet neighborhood, where it's highly unlikely thugs would live, turn into the thug of the street?

I get it.  If he was a kid off the street who got drafted and signed his first big paycheck, it would be somewhat understandable (not good, but understandable).  Bengals said..."hey Joe, you're contrite over the smoking the GF around in the elevator, come play for us."  On top of that, they gave him another contract, paying him even more money.

So, he was relatively quiet, played football, many times played quite well.  But recently, has seen his play slip, and his incidences with law enforcement go up.  I don't know if he's guilty of anything.  But, when you're pulling guns on people, having your home cordoned off with yellow police tape, something ain't right.

He's either hanging with the (WAY) wrong crowd (at least, I hope that's the only thing wrong), or something much more nefarious is going on.

Either way, this team is now filled with people focused on winning Super Bowls.  Joe doesn't seem to fit in with that.

Time to move on.

You are doing a lot of assuming there and bordering on racism. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I condemned Joe for his college antics and "believe" there was something to the recent road-rage report; however, there's nothing here.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 12:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I condemned Joe for his college antics and "believe" there was something to the recent road-rage report; however, there's nothing here.

I just don't get how you can possibly say that without knowing the facts about the story. That's bizarre. 
Reply/Quote
Even if Joe shot the Kid it seems like it was an understandable response. You just can't role up on a house at night with a bunch of guns(albeit Fake) and think that's a good idea. Joe had reason to feel like his life was the on line.

Also Joe a has a second ammendment right to carry a gun.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 12:51 PM)J24 Wrote: Even if Joe shot the Kid it seems like it was an understandable response. You just can't role up on a house at night with a bunch of guns(albeit Fake) and think that's a good idea.  Joe had reason to feel like his life was the on line.

Also Joe a has a second ammendment right to carry a gun.

In no way is shooting a kid in the nieghborhood that is carrying a nerf gun an "understandable response". What the hell world am I living in these days. 
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 12:30 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: I dunno.....how does a pro NFL player, one who's a millionaire, living in a sweet neighborhood, where it's highly unlikely thugs would live, turn into the thug of the street?

I get it.  If he was a kid off the street who got drafted and signed his first big paycheck, it would be somewhat understandable (not good, but understandable).  Bengals said..."hey Joe, you're contrite over the smoking the GF around in the elevator, come play for us."  On top of that, they gave him another contract, paying him even more money.

So, he was relatively quiet, played football, many times played quite well.  But recently, has seen his play slip, and his incidences with law enforcement go up.  I don't know if he's guilty of anything.  But, when you're pulling guns on people, having your home cordoned off with yellow police tape, something ain't right.

Either way, this team is now filled with people focused on winning Super Bowls.  Joe doesn't seem to fit in with that.

Time to move on.

I think you have your running backs confused......
Reply/Quote