Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mixon House Gun
Mixon is tipping Duke's draft strategy. Teams know the Bengals are aiming for a RB in rounds 1-4 at this point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 03:56 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Mixon is tipping Duke's draft strategy. Teams know the Bengals are aiming for a RB in rounds 1-4 at this point.

Charbonnet seems like a big Bengals target, IMO.

Played for former NFL coaches Jim Harbaugh and Chip Kelly.
Has rushed for nearly 2500 yards and 27 TDs over the past two years.
Has that ideal RB size - 6', 214 lb
61 receptions for 518 rec yards the past two years as well
Less than 10 passes dropped in his college career, according to ProFootballNetwork's scouting report
And finally, he can pass block

He put up a 9.42 RAS at the Combine, including a great vert (37"), broad (10'2"), and 10-yd-split (1.54).
His 40 was solid too at 4.53.
He did not run the shuttle or 3-cone.

TDN has Charbonnet as their 73rd ranked prospect, and that's before the Combine.
Very possible he ends up as a 2nd round pick when all is said and done.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
After seeing first hand the rush to judgement when Sean Taylor was shot, people's takes on situations seem to be as based in fact as the tooth fairy.

I believe it was a Denzel Washington interview where he put a lot of the problem on people were more worried about being first than being right ( think it was a media dig ). We are in an instant gratification society, and love drama. Whatever seems most salacious will be the front runner and by the time any facts or truths come out, the virus will have moved on to something else.

I've been a Mixon defender. Jumped off his bus the week before he went for 5 touchdowns. ( f me right?!? ) I am fine with the Bengals moving on from him this offseason. This "incident" doesn't move the needle for me in any way, though, at this moment.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 02:44 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Such a sad turn of events.

When I was a kid we always had fake snub nose cap pistols and not those cheap caps that were in a roll, the loud ones that always went off. Had BB gun fights as well where the only rules were no head, neck, or nut shots and no pellet guns allowed.  

Was not uncommon to see boys with guns walking neighborhoods and we all owned real shotguns as well that we knew to only take to the woods to shoot. Yet you had to walk the neighborhood to get to the woods. Those days are gone in this crazy world per all the violence society is immersed in these days.

When I was young there were just a couple murders a year in Louisville Ky, but sadly that is nearly 200 a year now.  

But did look up nerf gun images and unless the kid painted it all black then it should have been noticeable before an actual shot was fired. Probably an old man with poor eyesight and judgement who pulled trigger that he now regrets.

It is worth noting that the modern day United States is significantly less violent than it was when you were a kid. I am not sure of your exact age, so I will just throw a few years out. In 1970, the murder rate was 7.9 per 100k residents. Last year, it was 6.4, and that is with an increase. Throughout the 2010's, it was in the mid 4's. 

In 1974, the murder rate was 9.7. 

In 1980, it was 10.2. 

The modern U.S. has roughly cut the murder rate in half since you were a kid. There may be more overall murders, but the population is significantly larger. Since 1980, the country has grown by over 100MM people. Overall murders have barely risen (depends on the year you look at, they have likely dropped), and the murder rate has significantly dropped. 

Now, Louisville KY has gotten more violent. Murders have gone up but population has gone down. 
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 03:07 PM)Whatever Wrote: I support 2nd Amendment rights within reason, but if you're blind and/or dumb enough to mistake a Nerf gun for a real gun, you have no business owning a firearm.

How close would someone have to be pointing this at you before you were 100% certain it was not a threat?
[Image: gunovfjgqut11.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 04:15 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: It is worth noting that the modern day United States is significantly less violent than it was when you were a kid. I am not sure of your exact age, so I will just throw a few years out. In 1970, the murder rate was 7.9 per 100k residents. Last year, it was 6.4, and that is with an increase. Throughout the 2010's, it was in the mid 4's. 

In 1980, it was 10.2. 

The modern U.S. has roughly cut the murder rate in half since you were a kid. There may be more overall murders, but the population is significantly larger. Since 1980, the country has grown by over 100MM people. Overall murders have barely risen (depends on the year you look at, they have likely dropped), and the murder rate has significantly dropped. 

Now, Louisville KY has gotten more violent. Murders have gone up but population has gone down. 
Well I say "Go Cards" in from Louisville. Of course, only people from Louisville will claim it's in KY. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Doug, kick him off the tour
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 04:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Charbonnet seems like a big Bengals target, IMO.

Less than 10 passes dropped in his college career, according to ProFootballNetwork's scouting report

He put up a 9.42 RAS at the Combine, including a great vert (37"), broad (10'2"), and 10-yd-split (1.54).

TDN has Charbonnet as their 73rd ranked prospect, and that's before the Combine.

Going to be interesting to see if he will be there when the Bengals draft in the 2nd. Will they trade up for him if they love him? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 02:32 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: I’ll bite.  Confused with who?

Ray Rice? He was the one punching his woman in the elevator.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 04:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How close would someone have to be pointing this at you before you were 100% certain it was not a threat?
[Image: gunovfjgqut11.jpg]

Pretty sure I used that same gun when I played Halo as a kid. 
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 02:02 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The mainstream media almost NEVER gets a story correct initially.  I’ll patiently await a proper investigation.

They used to, before the 24 hour news cycle. Journalists used to focus on being right instead of being first. When guys like Walter Cronkite, etc., said something, you could usually assume it was true. Now, you have to wait to find out how wrong first was.
Reply/Quote
Here's an actual update on the story:

"[Schell] Neighbor of Joe Mixon says shots were fired at high school teens who were playing a game of “NERF wars” outside a home next door to where Mixon lives and that the shots came from his house. Unclear who fired the gun."

I mean, this doesn't look great for him...
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 04:44 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Going to be interesting to see if he will be there when the Bengals draft in the 2nd. Will they trade up for him if they love him? 

I can't recall the last time the Bengals traded UP in the 2nd round.
They've traded BACK twice in the 2nd round, which ended up being the selections of Drew Sample and Jackson Carman.
Depending on who is available at 28, it may not be the craziest thing to see them trade back into the late 30's and pick up extra pick(s) as well.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 04:15 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: It is worth noting that the modern day United States is significantly less violent than it was when you were a kid. I am not sure of your exact age, so I will just throw a few years out. In 1970, the murder rate was 7.9 per 100k residents. Last year, it was 6.4, and that is with an increase. Throughout the 2010's, it was in the mid 4's. 

In 1980, it was 10.2. 

Those statistics don't tell the whole story. In the 1970's, Ben Taub hospital was one of the few true Level 1 trauma centers in the US. Now, almost every major city has at least one. People are much more likely to live through a shooting now than they were there. It parallels soldiers dying in combat. They are much more apt to survive now than they were in Korea or WWII. And it starts in the golden hour, you know have rescue units with highly trained paramedics there within minutes, as opposed to they used to take shooting victims to the hospital in the back of the police paddy wagon. To get an accurate picture, look at shootings as opposed to murders. And you're right, Louisville is currently in the middle of gang wars and has become very dangerous.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 02:22 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: Racism?  Really?  In what way?  How does race play into this, at all?

Do you think people would be so willing to determine guilt here if it were Joe Burrow's house instead of Joe Mixon's?
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 04:48 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Abortion has played a pretty large role in this. It was legalized around 1975 I believe. The overall population has risen but the demographic mainly responsible for violence has shrunk. Those that were most likely going to commit crimes aren't even given a chance because the majority of them are aborted before they are actually born. 

Thank you Joe Mixon for turning the Bengals Boards into a political/moral/socitial conversation haha. 

Back to football... 

Another thing that hasn't been noted is the demise of the mafia. Throughout the 70s and 80s, there were a ton of mafia related hits.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 04:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Charbonnet seems like a big Bengals target, IMO.

I like Charbonnet a lot. The biggest things I like about him is the effortless shifting side to side during his runs and the fact that his feet never stop. He's also a reliable receiver with only 5 drops in 4 years. My only real concern with him is whether he's the pass protector we saw at Michigan who had a 64 grade as a freshman, or the one we saw last year at UCLA, where he was a 35. To his credit, he does give a nice initial pop to blitzers, but sometimes that's the extent of it, and that defender can release / get by him pretty quickly. I think he has the tools to be decent though, with good coaching in that area. Everything else is a plus to me, and I think he'd be a helluva fit in this offense.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 04:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Do you think people would be so willing to determine guilt here if it were Joe Burrow's house instead of Joe Mixon's?

Depends. In this theoretical situation would Joe Burrow have a video of him breaking the face of a woman, and be just a month removed from having his name in the news in connection to threatening with a gun?

Because the pre-judgement isn't taking only this current incident into account.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 04:57 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Those statistics don't tell the whole story. In the 1970's, Ben Taub hospital was one of the few true Level 1 trauma centers in the US. Now, almost every major city has at least one. People are much more likely to live through a shooting now than they were there. It parallels soldiers dying in combat. They are much more apt to survive now than they were in Korea or WWII. And it starts in the golden hour, you know have rescue units with highly trained paramedics there within minutes, as opposed to they used to take shooting victims to the hospital in the back of the police paddy wagon. To get an accurate picture, look at shootings as opposed to murders. And you're right, Louisville is currently in the middle of gang wars and has become very dangerous.

This is a good point. I thought about this briefly after I posted that. Surprisingly, gun related crime data is really hard to find. I did find this from the FBI which details non-fatal firearm crimes. It looks like it tells a similar story. In the early 90's, roughly 1.5MM people were being shot (non-fatal and fatal). As of 2011, which is the most recent this data goes, that number was down to 470k. That would be a nearly 70% reduction in gun violence from 1993 to 2011. Still, it doesn't provide the overall view I am wanting to see. I think that from what I have found (and read in the past), society is significantly less violent today than it was 30-40 years ago, but we simply hear about everything due to the 24 hour news cycle. 
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 05:10 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I like Charbonnet a lot. The biggest things I like about him is the effortless shifting side to side during his runs and the fact that his feet never stop. He's also a reliable receiver with only 5 drops in 4 years. My only real concern with him is whether he's the pass protector we saw at Michigan who had a 64 grade as a freshman, or the one we saw last year at UCLA, where he was a 35. To his credit, he does give a nice initial pop to blitzers, but sometimes that's the extent of it, and that defender can release / get by him pretty quickly. I think he has the tools to be decent though, with good coaching in that area. Everything else is a plus to me, and I think he'd be a helluva fit in this offense.

Charbonet's speed on film doesn't look great to me for some reason. He doesnts seem to hit many homerrunes. - I want a burner. 
Reply/Quote