Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon contract restructure finalizing
(07-23-2023, 04:33 PM)pally Wrote: this will be something to watch

It will ebb and flow. It will be interesting to watch Bijan and Gibbs as rookies. Bijan is going to have a gigantic season. He’s going to be a huge part of their offense and they are going to run it. The other interesting watch? Mixon. This OL is better. I know for a fact from somebody’s mouth to my friends ears that has the most important opinion in all this that (although Mixon’s not perfect) the OL needs to block better for the run game to be successful.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/duke-tobin-on-joe-mixon-we-came-to-a-solution-that-we-all-felt-good-about
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
https://www.bengals.com/news/joe-mixon-seeks-to-re-write-bengals-record-book

Quote:Mixon wants to make the whole run in Cincinnati. "Not many guys play for just one team. I want to be that person."

"One, it fits me. I love the community here I've been here since I was 20 years old," Mixon says. "The city has embraced me. My teammates do the same. Same with ownership. If there's a place where I would want to stay for my whole career, it's here."

In Bengals president Mike Brown, Mixon has found a guy who believes in loyalty as much as he does.
"All I'm trying to do is be the best investment for him in return and do whatever I can to be there and get his first Super Bowl," Mixon says.

Quote:"I see the bigger picture. I see the task at hand and what we're trying to build and in order to keep other players here and pieces here, sometimes you have to sacrifice," Mixon says. "I felt like this year was the year to sacrifice on the Super Bowl team we can potentially be.

"That was my stance on it. We agreed on a number with great compensation this year with the incentives. Off my last deal, I feel like they allowed me to work to be able to make that money back. That's cool. I'll go work for it."

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2023, 04:33 PM)pally Wrote: this will be something to watch

They may be "Exaggerating" there way off a team. Meanwhile, kickers, punter, long snappers etc. are over here talking about a position being devalued..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2023, 12:01 PM)pally Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/news/joe-mixon-seeks-to-re-write-bengals-record-book

Seems like JM's head is in the right place. I did notice when JB went down the one person who stayed right by his side was JM
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2023, 12:01 PM)pally Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/news/joe-mixon-seeks-to-re-write-bengals-record-book

All class here from Joe Mixon, said all the right things and makes me feel better about him showing that extra effort in pass pro and
working on his game to become that guy who played against the Panthers and do it for an entire season.

(08-03-2023, 12:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems like JM's head is in the right place. I did notice when JB went down the one person who stayed right by his side was JM

Agree, I have been hating on Mixon a ton since last season, but those were some sentiments that make it impossible for me to 
root against the guy. Hope he has his best season this year. Thought it would of been last season, but maybe I was just a year off,
who knows...
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2023, 12:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems like JM's head is in the right place. I did notice when JB went down the one person who stayed right by his side was JM

I would never question Mixon's loyalty and effort. Very few are as good of a "teammate" as Joe Mixon.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

lol OK dude...Im sure it doesnt have anything to do with the fact that the running back market is completely dried up and he knew he wasn't going to get squat on the opening market if he were to get cut. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2023, 02:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I would never question Mixon's loyalty and effort. Very few are as good of a "teammate" as Joe Mixon.

Joe really went to bat for Mixon is also why.

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2023, 03:50 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Joe really went to bat for Mixon is also why.

You don’t know anything about Burrow’s calf injury except what you paid The Athletic to report 24 hours after what we had already learned by reading this website.

But, you expect me to believe you have the behind the scenes inside scoop about Burrow privately advocating on behalf of other players with management during contract negotiations without evidence (despite said player single handedly ending potential scoring drives thanks to his poor pass protection)?
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 03:52 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You don’t know anything about Burrow’s calf injury except what you paid The Athletic to report 24 hours after what we had already learned by reading this website.

But, you expect me to believe you have the behind the scenes inside scoop about Burrow privately advocating on behalf of other players with management during contract negotiations without evidence (despite said player single handedly ending potential scoring drives thanks to his poor pass protection)?

You couldn’t resist your temptation to continue to stalk me although you tried to defect that the other day. Love the adoration. You are 1000% correct I did not have one lick of info on Joe’s calf and therefore haven’t made 1 comment. As far as Joe on Mixon…. Zac made that comment publically. Stay in touch. You always do

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 04:23 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You couldn’t resist your temptation to continue to stalk me although you tried to defect that the other day. Love the adoration. You are 1000% correct I did not have one lick of info on Joe’s calf and therefore haven’t made 1 comment. As far as Joe on Mixon…. Zac made that comment publically. Stay in touch. You always do

(05-22-2023, 04:39 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The whole NFL universe knows it just not onceithoughtiknewsomething. I messaged several on here long before it was public. They’ve verified.

Another receipt you have my name in your mouth despite more of your false claims I respond to your every post. You have a tenuous relationship with the truth, at best.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 05:27 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Another receipt you have my name in your mouth despite more of your false claims I respond to your every post. You have a tenuous relationship with the truth, at best.

That must have taken you hours to find. My alerts have you in the millions.

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 06:46 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: That must have taken you hours to find. My alerts have you in the millions.

And yet the time line and common sense proves otherwise, drama queen.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2023, 03:50 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Joe really went to bat for Mixon is also why.

Why do you say this?  This is a very odd statement when compared to what has actually been said.....

Breech is going to stay in your ass when you make statements like this.

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2023, 01:49 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Why do you say this?  This is a very odd statement when compared to what has actually been said.....

Breech is going to stay in your ass when you make statements like this.

I’m living in his head rent free. He’s so funny. He does need to find another hobby.

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2023, 11:54 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’m living in his head rent free. 

[Image: thats-not-how-this-works-thats-not-how-a...-works.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
If Burrow really went to bat for Mixon then he would not have had to take a pay cut..

Not saying Burrow dislikes Mixon or anything, but am saying

that when E,F. Joe B. Hutton speaks...........people listen.

Especially the Bengals FO.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2023, 02:48 PM)Go Cards Wrote: If Burrow really went to bat for Mixon then he would not have had to take a pay cut..

Not saying Burrow dislikes Mixon or anything, but am saying

that when E,F. Joe B. Hutton speaks...........people listen.

Especially the Bengals FO.

Uh I’m disagreeing there. Joey wants him around. We are talking Mixon not Tee or JaMar. Joe and his agent are no dummies. They can see the market place. JMHO I think Joe took the reduction with no guarantees but he’s got some stability and assurances he’s not going anywhere probably next year either. He’s still got a dead cap hit of 2,750,000. With him talking about breaking all time records and earlier this summer saying he never felt threatened he must feel pretty secure. Which a few peers can’t say.

Reply/Quote