Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixon could return against the Falcons
Good news would certainly be welcomed around here! Hopeful that we get these nics over with, aside from Glascow! Any word on AJ yet?
Reply/Quote
Keep him out at least another week to make sure hes 100%.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2018, 10:18 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Am I the only one here that thinks Gio can do almost as much as Mixon?

People forget how good Gio can be. Build a game plan around him catching and running the ball. Dont rush Mixon back.

Your not the only one. I think Gio is more than capable and handling it.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2018, 10:34 AM)BengalD Wrote: Hate to say it - but I'm kind of with you.  Outside of week 1 - the falcons have dropped over 30 points on their last two opponents.  The Bengals defense has given up an average of over 28 ppg over the first three weeks.  Down their #1 RB and WR, and starting center - don't see them able to win a shoot out.  Hope I'm pleasantly surprised that the defense can stouten up and Boyd, Ross and Malone can work magic.  Eifert and the other TE's should have a big day - but between them and Gio, probably not going to be enough.

Agree with you. Just a horrible match up for us and the timing is awful. 

Our defense cant stop anyone and our offense is limited due to injuries. 

If the Bengals want to win this game then the defense is going to have to step up BIG TIME. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2018, 11:12 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I would want him to return if Gio didn't play well this past Sunday, but dude was playing great. Why we didn't use him more, I don't know, but having Mixon in there doesn't mean anything changes on Sunday except MAYBE they run the ball more. The reality is our defense didn't do its job and that's the main reason we lost. Having Mixon wouldn't have changed that.

If he's ready, then let him play, but if he's not, give him more rest and let Gio carry the load.

I feel like Gio was getting 5+ yard a pop in the run game and was doing a lot catching passes. Im with you, no idea why the coaches went away from him and didnt use him more. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
If our d-line can step up and get pressure we should be OK. our offense will score points against this falcons d.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2018, 07:40 AM)Trademark Wrote: The back has been explosive catching and running with the ball, and was a huge part of Cincinnati's 2-0 start. He was limited in Week 2 by the injury, but carved up the Ravens defense when he was on the field and is vital to coordinator Bill Lazor's game plan. Mixon has rushed for 179 yards on 38 carries with one rushing touchdown in two games this season, and also had six catches for 57 yards and a touchdown. Mixon is feeling much better since the scope and, if the incision heals before the Bengals take the field in Week 4 at the Atlanta Falcons and there is no advanced risk of infection, he could be active by then.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/joe-mixon-could-return-for-the-bengals-in-week-4-despite-recent-knee-surgery/

I am with Harley and the other guys saying Mixon should heal up totally first before coming back.

Knee surgery is a big deal, give it another week and let him get his feet under him first.

Don't rush him back whatever we do. Gio should be just fine for us in the mean time.

The run Defense is what needs to get better.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2018, 10:34 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Put me in the camp with the guys that say wait.

If we're to win this game, it's most likely going to be a shootout style game and high scoring. Running the ball isn't going to be that important.

Our Dline getting home on the pass rush will as well as throwing the ball - a lot. Gio can get it done from that stand point.

Save Mixon for later in the season.

This is the only part i'll argue with. A good RB that can consistently get 5-7 yds will keep the offense moving down the field, using the clock and keeping Atl's offense off the field. 

If the doctors say he's good, i have no problem with Mixon playing. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2018, 02:18 PM)magikod Wrote: Keep him out at least another week to make sure hes 100%.

But how do you know 7 days will mean he's 100%?

What if he's 92% this week and next week he'll be 97%?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
He didn't participate in practice today which puts the likelihood of him playing on Sunday pretty slim

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
If he is almost 100% then would sit him another week.

But if he is 100% then let him get acclimated back into line up by splitting carries with Gio getting the Lions share of them.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2018, 04:19 PM)pally Wrote: He didn't participate in practice today which puts the likelihood of him playing on Sunday pretty slim

I saw that Gio Bernard was listed as a limited participant.  Perhaps whatever is getting him down, is why we didn't see him used much in the 2nd half this past Sunday?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Mixon was cutting and running and said the knee feels great, but likely won't suit up Sunday according to the last report I read. AJ Green is a full go.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2018, 03:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: But how do you know 7 days will mean he's 100%?

What if he's 92% this week and next week he'll be 97%?

He's 5% better than he was the week before? Hilarious No NFL starters are going to be at 100% health. 

I shouldn't have bite on that fish, eh?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
I'm honestly happy he isn't playing Sunday. Even if he is preaching that he feels great, if there is ANY body part I'm not messing with when it comes to running backs, it's the knee. Could seriously alter his career for the worst.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 11:17 AM)thillan Wrote: I'm honestly happy he isn't playing Sunday. Even if he is preaching that he feels great, if there is ANY body part I'm not messing with when it comes to running backs, it's the knee. Could seriously alter his career for the worst.

Yeah, i still remember that one RB we drafted in the 2nd out of Auburn. Never played a regular season snap for us.
Reply/Quote
9/28 Mixon is listed as out for Sunday

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 11:12 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: He's 5% better than he was the week before? Hilarious No NFL starters are going to be at 100% health. 

I shouldn't have bite on that fish, eh?

Looks like that's going to be around for a while now. Big Grin

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2018, 03:42 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Your not the only one. I think Gio is more than capable and handling it.

Dog I want to believe the way many of you all believe about Gio. But he reminds me of Eric Bienemy from the past. I do want to believe in Gio as I have said but he is small and very prone to getting killed by defenses! With that said I hope he tears up the falcons D!

Reply/Quote
And it looks like Price is STILL out.
Reply/Quote