Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mixon doesn’t want Ross to leave
[Image: 748-FBF28-4463-428-D-BC6-D-243-C7-D4-A9-A38.jpg]

Me either, he showed flashes at the end of the season with a garbage QB
Reply/Quote
both are California guys.I can see his reaction to the trade rumours.
I think Ross can still be a legit Top 40 WR in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 12:23 AM)Trademark Wrote: [Image: 748-FBF28-4463-428-D-BC6-D-243-C7-D4-A9-A38.jpg]

Me either, he showed flashes at the end of the season with a garbage QB

John Ross 2018
Week 17 - 5 targets, 1 catch for 1 yard.
Week 16 - 5 targets, 1 catch for 3 yards (TD).
Week 15 - 5 targets, 1 catch for 6 yards.
Week 14 - 4 targets, 2 catches for 11 yards (TD).
Week 13 - 3 targets, 2 catches for 13 yards.
Week 12 - 7 targets, 3 catches for 31 yards (TD).
Week 11 - 7 targets, 2 catches for 27 yards (TD).
Week 10 - 6 targets, 2 catches for 39 yards (TD).
Week 9 -  bye
Week 8 - injured
Week 7 - 1 target, 0 catches for 0 yards.
Week 6 - injured
Week 5 - injured
Week 4 - 2 targets, 2 catches for 51 yards (TD).
Week 3 - 7 targets, 3 catches for 16 yards.
Week 2 - 4 targets, 1 catch for 8 yards.
Week 1 - 2 targets, 1 catch for 3 yards (TD).

This is just not the production numbers expected of a top 10 pick.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 01:13 AM)BengalChris Wrote: John Ross 2018
Week 9 -  bye
Week 8 - injured
Week 6 - injured
Week 5 - injured

But could that be expected of a Top 10 pick, with a Practice Squad QB throwing at him?
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 01:17 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: But could that be expected of a Top 10 pick, with a Practice Squad QB throwing at him?

His numbers weren't any better with Dalton at QB. It's on Ross and always has been.

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 01:23 AM)BengalChris Wrote: His numbers weren't any better with Dalton at QB. It's on Ross and always has been.

Wrong.

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 01:32 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Wrong.

I'm sure Dalton and Driskel did miss Ross throwing deep because the deep ball will never be the most accurate...but John Ross had major issues getting pushed around in man coverage which threw off alot of routes.

Look at the difference between Green and Boyd compared to Ross. Dalton was very successful throwing to the former two but unsuccessful throwing to the latter.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Let Mixon pick up JRs salary and keep him.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 12:29 AM)impactplaya Wrote: both are California guys.I can see his reaction to the trade rumours.
I think Ross can still be a legit Top 40 WR in the NFL.

We held onto Ogbuehi for 5 years. There was no reason for that.
Reply/Quote

Really easy to accumulate "uncatchable" targets when you run the wrong routes or dog it/quit outright on your routes. For all his 4.22 speed, you see a lot of mediocre 30-year-old CBs step-for-step with him.

Dalton is a pretty decent deep ball thrower to everyone else.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 01:17 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: But could that be expected of a Top 10 pick, with a Practice Squad QB throwing at him?

Or could it be expected of a 6th rounder which is about what we’d get back? I’d rather keep Ross and roll the dice another year then trade him for peanuts. Was a TD machine at the very least
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 01:46 AM)Synric Wrote: I'm sure Dalton and Driskel did miss Ross throwing deep because the deep ball will never be the most accurate...but John Ross had major issues getting pushed around in man coverage which threw off alot of routes.

Look at the difference between Green and Boyd compared to Ross. Dalton was very successful throwing to the former two but unsuccessful throwing to the latter.

You....you don't get pushed in man coverage.
Do you mean press coverage?

And okay
Dalton also struggled with Boyd in 2017.
22 receptions, 225 yards, and 2 TDs isn't better than 21 receptions for 210 yards and 7 TDs.

In reviewing Boyd's snap counts, he played over 50% in more than half his full games. Before he got hurt in Week 5, he was playing almost 60% of the offensive snaps. Once he returned from his injury, the Bengals phased Boyd back into the offense. During the last six weeks of the season, Boyd only averaged 49.2% of the snaps. He did up that average to 63.2% over the last three weeks of the season once he was fully healthy.

(02-27-2019, 02:10 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Really easy to accumulate "uncatchable" targets when you run the wrong routes or dog it/quit outright on your routes. For all his 4.22 speed, you see a lot of mediocre 30-year-old CBs step-for-step with him.

Dalton is a pretty decent deep ball thrower to everyone else.

Wow it's almost like you didn't read or watch anything that disproved that.

Can you please show me where Ross outright quit on a route?
Cause I'm sure you're talking about the Carolina pass, where Dalton threw to a certain deep route and Ross ran a different route, but it was still a terrible throw and decision.
Got anything else? I'd like to see it.

You didn't watch the video, huh?
Or ever read how Dalton and Driskel have had a hard time adjusting to Ross' speed? And yes, they've said that
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 06:22 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: You....you don't get pushed in man coverage.

And okay
22 receptions, 225 yards, and 2 TDs isn't better than 21 receptions for 210 yards and 7 TDs.

In reviewing Boyd's snap counts, he played over 50% in more than half his full games. Before he got hurt in Week 5, he was playing almost 60% of the offensive snaps. Once he returned from his injury, the Bengals phased Boyd back into the offense. During the last six weeks of the season, Boyd only averaged 49.2% of the snaps. He did up that average to 63.2% over the last three weeks of the season once he was fully healthy.

Cause I'm sure you're talking about the Carolina pass, where Dalton threw to a certain deep route and Ross ran a different route, but it was still a terrible throw and decision.

Or ever read how Dalton and Driskel have had a hard time adjusting to Ross' speed? And yes, they've said that

But...but...the narrative...
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 01:46 AM)Synric Wrote: I'm sure Dalton and Driskel did miss Ross throwing deep because the deep ball will never be the most accurate...but John Ross had major issues getting pushed around in man coverage which threw off alot of routes.

Exactly! If the receiver isn't where he's suppose to be the ball isn't going to be catchable.

Just say goodbye to him.

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 07:06 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Exactly! If the receiver isn't where he's suppose to be the ball isn't going to be catchable.

Just say goodbye to him.

Oh, so he was supposed to be four feet out of bounds?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 06:22 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: You....you don't get pushed in man coverage.

And okay

No. I mean man coverage. Even in off man the corner can body the receiver down the sideline or get physical at the top of the route. 

I hsouldnt even limit Ross's struggles to man coverage...it was anytime the corner got physical Ross struggled.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 01:13 AM)BengalChris Wrote: John Ross 2018
Week 9 -  bye
Week 8 - injured
Week 6 - injured
Week 5 - injured

He sure didn't have top 10 talent around him, either.  The offensive coordinator sure as hell wasn't top 10.  And when you are asked to only run verticals to open up the underneath for the likes of Eifert, Boyd, and Green (which was actually working before injuries caught up to them) you aren't going to get a ton of production.  Ross had 7 TDs on just over 20 receptions and, oddly, most of them came in the Red Zone.
Giving up on Ross now would be stupid.  The new offensive coordinator should be given the opportunity to see if he can become a bigger part of the offensive game plan.  Slants, sweeps, and screens.  There should be 5 manufactured touches a game.  Then, when you actually want to take a deep shot, it won't be the same damn route he ran the entire game.
Lots of people on here were willing to give up on Boyd after a down year 2.  Ditto Dennard after early injuries.  We can't give up on Ross and you would never get anywhere near that draft pick for him.  
Give him this year under ZT and see if he can become more of Tyreek Hill and less of Bennie Brazell....(stretching for a rhyme)
Reply/Quote

And okay

Obviously you don't understand how it works!

When you get the match up you want the QB is going to throw to a spot.  It's up to the receiver to be at that spot, and on time.  Hardly a terrible throw when the receiver has his head up his a$$.  Everybody and there brother saw it, including the coaches, period.

For a team to even consider shopping a top ten pick after 2 years is unheard of and tells you all you need to know about what they now think of his potential.

Oh and another thing, the QB's can't find him because they don't trust him and rarely target him.  When people are breathing down your neck you need to get the ball out quickly and feel confident in doing so.  Would you feel confident as a QB depending on Ross by what you've seen over the last 2 years?  That's why most of his touchdowns come off of broken plays, or plays where the QB has moved from his options. 

With that said, I think they should still keep him and hope the light comes on. What they would get for him at this point would be essentially throwing away a player.... but who knows, maybe they already realize he's a lost cause and willing to cut bait - something they should've done with Og and Fisher rather than wasting roster spots.
Reply/Quote

Yeah well, if I were to go deep, any QB would only throw me uncatchable balls. Because I'd be nowhere near a spot where I could catch one.

Now sure, Driskel didn't help much. I wonder though how many uncatchable deep balls were thrown towards AJ from Dalton in the last year or throughout the years. Do you happen to have that stat lying around somewhere?
Reply/Quote
Mixon needs to give ZT a chance and trust his judgement.
Reply/Quote