Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixon is frustrated with lack of carries
It's frustrating. I feel like I'm seeing [Le'Veon Bell] got the ball 35 times, and I got it seven in the first half and then don't touch the ball again," Mixon said. "[Jeremy] Hill only got one touch in the second half. It's frustrating to us running backs. We're feel like we're in the room and we feel like we're part of the offense. If it worked in the first half, why not do it in the second?"

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21121290/rb-joe-mixon-cincinnati-bengals-frustrated-lack-second-half-carries-vs-pittsburgh-steelers
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
I'm right there with him. We seem to have a habit of abandoning RBs when they're hot.

Remember Law Firm in the first half of that playoff game?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Rock On Joe

I'm right there with him as well.

You could see the frustration on AJ at the end also !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So is it lack of halftime adjustments that kills Marvin Lewis teams or too drastic of adjustments on our part out smarting ourselves? Not sure why when something works we shut it down rather than the other team. Just a frustrating mess.
Reply/Quote
Mixion should have touched the ball more and honestly it makes zero sense he didn't.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
This is what Marv Lewis' idea of "journalist jargon" (i.e. Adjustments) is.
Reply/Quote
Trust us Joe, it's just as frustrating to watch.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 12:26 AM)Trademark Wrote: It's frustrating. I feel like I'm seeing [Le'Veon Bell] got the ball 35 times, and I got it seven in the first half and then don't touch the ball again," Mixon said. "[Jeremy] Hill only got one touch in the second half. It's frustrating to us running backs. We're feel like we're in the room and we feel like we're part of the offense. If it worked in the first half, why not do it in the second?"

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21121290/rb-joe-mixon-cincinnati-bengals-frustrated-lack-second-half-carries-vs-pittsburgh-steelers

lol. 

Man, this season just keeps, and is going to keep, getting better and better. 

And by better and better, i mean worse. 

It's so outrageously baffling that every single person in the world can see this whole Marv experiment doesn't work. Every person but Mike Brown, that is. 

He just sit's back and laughs all the way to the bank. Worst owner in the history of professional sports be damned. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Lack of adjustments. Poor play calling (why so many damn screens, A FLEA FLICKER?). I don't get it.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 12:50 AM)TKUHL Wrote: So is it lack of halftime adjustments that kills Marvin Lewis teams or too drastic of adjustments on our part out smarting ourselves? Not sure why when something works we shut it down rather than the other team. Just a frustrating mess.

Being an overmatched, terrible coach is what kills Lewis

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
7 for 48 in first half, no touches in second.
I think it was Fan From Kettering that said "Is it possible to make halftime adjustments and get worse?"
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
All you really need to know is 6.8 yards per carry in the first half. No carries in he second half.
Reply/Quote
They'll watch the film and see what they need to do to get better, as always. And then they'll "just have to play better" /marvquote.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 03:55 AM)Thundercloud Wrote: All you really need to know is 6.8 yards per carry in the first half.  No carries in he second half.

They don't want to wear him out. It's a long season. Mellow

Reply/Quote
There's no way this 3 headed monster works Lazor, and you have to explain yourself. Did any reporter ask about the RB situation? Mixon whiffed a block later on, don't remember when Andy got crushed, maybe that was an issue.

Pittsburgh once again scared the shit out of Giovani. Mixon has no ghosts, doesn't seem like the type to.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 12:50 AM)TKUHL Wrote: So is it lack of halftime adjustments that kills Marvin Lewis teams or too drastic of adjustments on our part out smarting ourselves? Not sure why when something works we shut it down rather than the other team. Just a frustrating mess.
Both, why on earth would Mixon who had 48 yards on 7 carries be replaced by Bernard and Hill in the 2nd half, its just dumb, totally dumb, I'm not trying to offend Marvin and crew, but they are just plain incompetent. Aj green no passes in 2nd half Ninja ,Mixon no touches Ninja , defense no blitzes Ninja , not even one. Its like they play to keep the game close or dare I say they play to lose. Frustrating indeed. Team is soft, playing not to lose vs playing to win at all cost (Marvinball). Its not working against any half way decent team yet they still do it week in and week out.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 12:44 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm right there with him. We seem to have a habit of abandoning RBs when they're hot.

Remember Law Firm in the first half of that playoff game?

At the half, Mixon had outgained Bell in yards rushing.  Not so much at the end of the game.  Good plan, Bengals.  

Oh, and as an added bonus, your QB is a sitting duck and got the crap beat out of him (again).
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 12:26 AM)Trademark Wrote: It's frustrating. I feel like I'm seeing [Le'Veon Bell] got the ball 35 times, and I got it seven in the first half and then don't touch the ball again," Mixon said. "[Jeremy] Hill only got one touch in the second half. It's frustrating to us running backs. We're feel like we're in the room and we feel like we're part of the offense. If it worked in the first half, why not do it in the second?"

I saw it. Tony Romo saw it.  Why didn't they use Mixon in the 3rd quarter.  Actually Hill started and didn't do much. Bernard came in and didn't do much. Mixon came in and was great.  So of course they took him out and put Hill and Bernard back in.  I've seen this before when Bengals kept losing using KiJana Carter and ERic Bienemy and Bears Defensive Coach Legend said, " Why are the Bengals doing that with this Corey Dillon on the bench. You couldn't trade me Carter and Bienemy for a bag of peanuts ". ....So I've seen this in our celebrated Bengals 50 year history before.......Of course with no blocking the X's and O's in the playbook can't work. You can have the best playbook ever and without blocking, those plays get blown up.  Just like these pick up tackle games I played in my 20's and some ex high school quarterback would call plays like he was still a star, and then get destroyed due to no blocking.  Perfect example that blocking is practiced every day and without it the QB, the RB, the WR don't look very good.  I still remember these ex staring high school QB's going into pick up games all cocky and getting their rear ends handed to them without the blocking they had in high school. That was kind of fun part of those games.  I got to QB a pick up game and I learned from them, and I didn't try to run high school play with no blocking, I didn't call plays and said whatever happens happens in the huddle and I just took the snap and ran from the tacklers on make em' up as you go option plays, just as Dalton had to do yesterday. When you have no blocking, you have no X's and O's, just mass confusion. The upside to Mixon not in there is this awful blocking isn't getting him career injured like KiJana Carter.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Anyone else hopeful that this team is now getting some players who will speak up when they settle for mediocrity? I like that Mixon is talking, and I want more. I want to know that my players care more about winning, instead of Marv clapping on the sidelines and Andy laughing while down 15 points. Where is the heart to win man?
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 09:16 AM)thillan Wrote: Anyone else hopeful that this team is now getting some players who will speak up when they settle for mediocrity? I like that Mixon is talking, and I want more. I want to know that my players care more about winning, instead of Marv clapping on the sidelines and Andy laughing while down 15 points. Where is the heart to win man?

We had players speaking up against this stuff 7 years ago.
Reply/Quote