Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixon released; Zack Moss signed
(03-11-2024, 11:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Except earlier today when you said we were going to get a 4th or 5th rounder in a trade. 

That was my hope. I’m not sure they didn’t try. But I’ll find out.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Stones was bad too.

Which FA NT and RT had the lowest RAS....they're the next 2
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:20 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Gonna go on a rant here.

Regardless of if you think it’s the right decision to release him or not.

Could they not have done it at the start of the day not at 10pm on the first day of free agency.

Teams will have already filled spots and it leaves Joe with several less possibilities.

He gave us some great memories and didn’t deserve to get the shit end of the stick like this.

It’s bullshit tbh.

They needed to negotiate with the RB they wanted first. Can’t cut Mixon and then not have your back up plan in place.
Reply/Quote
Player, I grind, my focus is crime
Raw with the rhyme, I'm slick with the slime
My words are diamonds dug out a mine
Spit 'em, polish, look how they shine
Glitter, glisten, gloss, floss
I catch a beat runnin' like Zack Moss

Who Dey

I'm excited to see how Moss and Brown perform in '24.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
RAS is just a synthetic stat. Real world production matters more.

Mixon clearly was not breaking tackles or making the first guy miss anymore and was an average at best pass blocker. It was time. Moss DOES break tackles and cause missed tackles and is also competent pass blocking. This pickup directly addressed a big issue in the run game.
Reply/Quote

Could they not have done it at the start of the day not at 10pm on the first day of free agency.

Teams will have already filled spots and it leaves Joe with several less possibilities.

He gave us some great memories and didn’t deserve to get the shit end of the stick like this.

It’s bullshit tbh.

They needed to negotiate with the RB they wanted first. Can’t cut Mixon and then not have your back up plan in place.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:33 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: They needed to negotiate with the RB they wanted first. Can’t cut Mixon and then not have your back up plan in place.

Lesson learned from Perine,
Reply/Quote

It’s bullshit tbh.

His agent should have set his roster bonus due today rather than Friday if he wanted to be assured that opportunity.
Reply/Quote
Someone posted his numbers out of shotgun too:

https://twitter.com/ScottBarrettDFB/status/1767375164801454187?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Reply/Quote
I'm good with this move... it's nice to see the Bengals continue to make value plays.

Wish Mixon well he gave us a good 7 years which is really a long time for an NFL RB.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
I'm this old:

[Image: freakies_box.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Well, I guess we can clearly state the earlier signing of Geno was not rolling..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:35 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Player, I grind, my focus is crime
Raw with the rhyme, I'm slick with the slime
My words are diamonds dug out a mine
Spit 'em, polish, look how they shine
Glitter, glisten, gloss, floss
I catch a beat runnin' like Zack Moss

Who Dey

I'm excited to see how Moss and Brown perform in '24.

OutKast featuring Killer Mike. Nice track.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
I’m really excited about this. I became a big Moss fan this past season as he filled in for JT. Excited to see what he can do.
Reply/Quote
I love it!

I loved Mixon early in his career, I'm glad we drafted him and gave him his second chance, and I appreciate how he played while he was here, but he wasn't good for us anymore.

His lack of ability as a receiver does worry me but I'll take his running from the shotgun as offsetting from that.

NICE WORK BY THE FRONT OFFICE!
Reply/Quote
Not a total believer in PFF, but Moss has scored lower than Mixon last three years,
Reply/Quote