Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixon released; Zack Moss signed
(03-11-2024, 11:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

I think if Mixon wasn’t so poor in pass blocking he’d been able to be the third down back. It doomed him.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Like this especially since Moss is a better blocker. He played well while JT was out. Hoping that continues here.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
I like this move a lot. Bengals get better at what they want from an RB in every way and cut the cost of the position in half.

RB Room is now: MOSS. BROWN, WILLIAMS, EVANS.

^ That's a great rotational group.
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals felt it was time for a change. Moss is a good running back. Mixon will probably land elsewhere. I think the Bengals are considering their passing offense and the need for a blocker.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:16 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I like this move a lot. Bengals get better at what they want from an RB in every way and cut the cost of the position in half.

RB Room is now: MOSS. BROWN, WILLIAMS, EVANS.

^ That's a great rotational group.

Idk about “great.” They still should draft a RB.

Evans should also probably just be cut at this point. They clearly aren’t high on him at all.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:20 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I think the Bengals felt it was time for a change. Moss is a good running back. Mixon will probably land elsewhere. I think the Bengals are considering their passing offense and the need for a blocker.

well it a two headed coin, improve in pass blocking but down grade in pass catching.. and i thought we were looking to get faster at RB, we just got slower it seems
Reply/Quote
Solid signing. He’ll be a good backup. We found our every down back in the draft last year. This guy is a proven backup and good third down back to handle protections.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:25 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Solid signing. He’ll be a good backup. We found our every down back in the draft last year. This guy is a proven backup and good third down back to handle protections.

Brown was spots of plays but he did not perform well between tackles or look like every down back.. Moss does bring experience but maybe they think Williams will be the short yardage back.. i thinking they will be looking at the draft for a possible short yardage back
Reply/Quote
RB still not off the table mid rounds. This is Perine replacement. Not Mixons.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:32 AM)jj22 Wrote: RB still not off the table mid rounds. This is Perine replacement. Not Mixons.

except lacking pass catching. pass blocking yes.. but i think a RB in draft or they are banking on Brown
Reply/Quote
Mixon was the one who was dead last in the NFL or close to it in making defenders miss and in leaving yards on the field. Moss was FAR better in those areas and was effective inside and pass blocking. The Colts did not throw to him a ton (27 times) but he was sure handed on those times.
Reply/Quote
Bye Mixon, try not to assault any women on your way out of the building.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:56 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Bye Mixon, try not to assault any women on your way out of the building.

I can only assume their neighbors are pretty stoked that no one will be shooting their son anymore. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 01:03 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I can only assume their neighbors are pretty stoked that no one will be shooting their son anymore. 

I had forgotten all about that case, guess it got lost in the shuffle.  
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:24 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: well it a two headed coin, improve in pass blocking but down grade in pass catching.. and i thought we were looking to get faster at RB, we just got slower it seems

Pretty sure Mixon is no faster than Moss they are both more plodders.....we have Brown and we'll draft another quicker back in the draft I think. Evans will prob be gone so we may get a power back too who knows.
Reply/Quote
Lateral move which should get Chase Brown on the field. Seems a shame that players have to be released in order to start better players on the roster.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:29 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Brown was spots of plays but he did not perform well between tackles or look like every down back.. Moss does bring experience but maybe they think Williams will be the short yardage back.. i thinking they will be looking at the draft for a possible short yardage back

Draft someone like Brealon Allen. WIlliams will be a special teamer like usual. I think Evans will be gone and replaced......with a mid round pick.
Reply/Quote
Sad to see Joe go.
Reply/Quote
mixon shoulda rode the bench. bet that came into play.
Reply/Quote