Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon should have took a knee at the half yd line.
(10-19-2018, 03:01 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: Nothing is a guarantee. Score points when you can.
Thank You. More common sense.  

The touchdown did NOT lose us the game.   With a minute and a half, the defense has to earn their paychecks.  Bengals are still the worst team in NFL on 3rd and long on defense.  It's amazing how many 3rd and longs Bengals D has gave up last few years.  It is showing we miss Hall and Nelson and nobody has stepped up to fill their shoes. 

This stuff that Dalton should have ate clock. We didn't have the lead. I like that we are in more hurry up than under Zampese and Hue Jackson. I thought their plays ran too slow. The split O Line was way too slow under both of them. Lazor has more of a hurry up and is scoring much more points than Zampese. Not as fast as Sam Wyche hurry up, but fast.

Now if Bengals only needed field goal, I might agree on eating some clock late in that game. Not when you need a touchdown against Steelers Defense.

Dalton made game winning drive. It's not right the Dalton bashing because our Defense got toasted. Bengals being the worst defense in NFL on 3rd down the last few years has to change if team is hoping for play-offs.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 06:08 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't think anyone would ever try it. Ever...

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/07/sports/football/super-bowl-46-after-giants-surreal-touchdown-debates-on-the-strategy.html

Giants only needed a FG to win.  TOTALLY different situation.
Reply/Quote
Amazing how many Bengal fans think it is impossible for an offenssive team to ever get a penalty inside the opponenets 10 yard line. Or maybe run a play that loses yards.

I mean EVERY team in the league scores a td 100% of the time when they get to the opponenets 4 yard line, right?
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 12:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Giants only needed a FG to win.  TOTALLY different situation.

A FG isn't guaranteed any more than a TD from the 1. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 01:02 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: A FG isn't guaranteed any more than a TD from the 1. 

But the Giants were willing to play for a FG.  This allows them to run time without having to get into the end zone.  So it was a totally different situation.

Although it is not 100% guaranteed a FG from the 1 is much more likely than a td.  A ten yard penalty does not reduce the chances for a FG like it would a TD.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 07:18 PM)impactplaya Wrote: when.Mixon scored i knew a loss was coming.

You "know" a loss is coming at some point in every game and lately you have been wrong more times than right.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 01:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But the Giants were willing to play for a FG.  This allows them to run time without having to get into the end zone.  So it was a totally different situation.

Although it is not 100% guaranteed a FG from the 1 is much more likely than a td.  A ten yard penalty does not reduce the chances for a FG like it would a TD.

It's not totally different when the Bengals are on the 11 with over a minute to play and 2 timeouts. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 06:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Dave Lapham and Rocky Boiman disagree with you and they both played the game.

Earlier today the Titans under rookie head coach Vrabel were killing the clock as much as they could while also making sure they had enough time to get all their possible plays in to score the tying TD. They didn't want to give Rivers more time than needed to go down to kick a game winning fg.

Granted Vrabel got too greedy once they scored and went for 2 instead of getting the xp to go into overtime, it backfired.

But they played it right unlike the Bengals did when it came to the time management before the Mixon TD, because Mixon kneeling to kill clock is not smart football. Shaving seconds off on a couple of those plays prior to the the TD is smart football though.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 03:35 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Earlier today the Titans under rookie head coach Vrabel were killing the clock as much as they could while also making sure they had enough time to get all their possible plays in to score the tying TD. They didn't want to give Rivers more time than needed to go down to kick a game winning fg.

Granted Vrabel got too greedy once they scored and went for 2 instead of getting the xp to go into overtime, it backfired.

But they played it right unlike the Bengals did when it came to the time management before the Mixon TD, because Mixon kneeling to kill clock is not smart football. Shaving seconds off on a couple of those plays prior to the the TD is smart football though.

Yep. And they didn't run the football once on the goal line, before the TD or on the 2pt conversion. I didn't quite understand that. 

Reply/Quote
They lost... so same result.
Reply/Quote
This whole argument(that Mixon should have taken a knee) is moot because his taking a knee was a physical impossibility.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 03:37 PM)motoarch Wrote: They lost... so same result.

They lost because they decided to go for the win instead of play for overtime. They left much less time on the clock than the Bengals did.

The only problem i had was, they didn't give Derrick Henry a chance to "get it in". (sorry, i've been binge watching Jersey Shore lately).

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 03:40 PM)McC Wrote: This whole argument(that Mixon should have taken a knee) is moot because his taking a knee was a physical impossibility.

Yep.

Reply/Quote
Put up 7 points if and when you can.  Maybe I could see it if a FG tied it, but needing a TD and getting a TD is a win for the offense.  Any given drive in the NFL nets far fewer than 7 points on average, so they did their jobs correctly on that last drive. It's up to the offense to put points up and the defense to prevent points. Nowadays it's proper to tell your OC and QB to pinball the scoreboard as much as possible, clock management and all that be damned IMHO.
Reply/Quote
Let's see if Jameis Winston can do, against the Browns, what Dalton couldn't last week.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 01:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's not totally different when the Bengals are on the 11 with over a minute to play and 2 timeouts. 

Yes it was.  Needing a FG from the 11 is TOTALLY different from needing a TD.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 03:35 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Earlier today the Titans under rookie head coach Vrabel were killing the clock as much as they could while also making sure they had enough time to get all their possible plays in to score the tying TD. They didn't want to give Rivers more time than needed to go down to kick a game winning fg.

Titans were 25 yards closer than the Bengals at the 2 minute warning.

Also the Titans took over with almost 5 minutes left in the game (4:55) while the Bengals got the ball with just 3:32 left.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 03:40 PM)McC Wrote: This whole argument(that Mixon should have taken a knee) is moot because his taking a knee was a physical impossibility.

Look at whho started the thread; that's your problem right there.

(10-21-2018, 07:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sorry, troll, that would be a big "No".

Couldn't score TD to take the lead, had to settle for a failed FG attempt.

Fred, please don't call people, "trolls," unless its deserved; you show a shitload more, "trollish," tendencies than Faulk does and I wouldn't ever venture to call you a troll.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Is this REALLY still going on? The offense did what needed to be done - the defense was horrific. Nuff said.
Reply/Quote
Here's to hoping Mixon scores every time he has a chance tonight
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote