Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mixon wants to be a Bengal for life...
We have bigger issues than RB. We were 2-14 with Mixon. Extending Mixon is not the solution. I wouldn't invest too much on Mixon.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 07:39 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: We have bigger issues than RB.  We were 2-14 with Mixon.   Extending Mixon is not the solution. I wouldn't invest too much on Mixon.

Of course we were 2-14 with everyone on the roster. Doesn't mean I'd like to part ways with the following:

Joe Mixon
Tyler Boyd
Trey Hopkins
Carlos Dunlap
Geno Atkins
Andrew Billings
San Hubbard

It does mean I'd like to get them some help
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 07:39 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: We have bigger issues than RB.  We were 2-14 with Mixon.   Extending Mixon is not the solution. I wouldn't invest too much on Mixon.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 08:05 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

If we were a player away from the playoffs or a SB, yes, you invest on the man. Otherwise, invest on many players, rather than 1. Hope that clarifies it for you.  :andy:
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 06:53 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Any member is free to post whenever they want...silly bets or not. 

I like it.  Sounds Monty Python-ish.

[Image: slly.gif] 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 08:17 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: If we were a player away from the playoffs or a SB, yes, you invest on the man. Otherwise, invest on many players, rather than 1. Hope that clarifies it for you.  :andy:

How do you rebuild when you let your best players leave in free agency?

We drafted and developed an elite RB. Pay him so that, when you're rebuilt and ready to compete, you have an elite RB.

Hope that clarifies it for you.  :andy:
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 07:10 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Weak and pathetic for him to accept that.

Being 100% serious: DELETE MY ACCOUNT. I don't socialize with cowards or clowns who are okay with not honoring their own bets or who shelter those who decide their word is worthless.

Best of luck to you both in finding your spines.

Be sure to delete this so no one sees you get pissed on, coward.

I feel your frustration but a couple things:

Although you might think this post makes you seem more of a man of honor IMO it does not. 

The mods should delete your post and the one calling into question dude's return to the forum. Not to shield them from being cowards, but to shield you from looking petty.

i further suggest they lift your suspension. You've done nothing wrong. If you don't want to be a member of the forum simply quit posting
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 08:44 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: How do you rebuild when you let your best players leave in free agency?

We drafted and developed an elite RB. Pay him so that, when you're rebuilt and ready to compete, you have an elite RB.

Well, Gruden traded Khalil Mack, crazy but helped turned their abysmal team around and fortunately for us, we will likely keep Mixon anyways. Just wouldn't pay him a big chunk cap space. For the simple reason that it will always be an 11 player offense.  (Ask Barry Sanders or Corey Dillon about that).
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 07:10 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Weak and pathetic for him to accept that.

Being 100% serious: DELETE MY ACCOUNT. I don't socialize with cowards or clowns who are okay with not honoring their own bets or who shelter those who decide their word is worthless.

Best of luck to you both in finding your spines.

Be sure to delete this so no one sees you get pissed on, coward.

Sad and pathetic post right here, don't let the door hit yah where the good Lord split yah!
Reply/Quote
Love watching this guy play. One of the only bright spots over these last miserable couple years. Not really interested in hearing about why you shouldn’t pay RB’s. On this team, in this case, pay the RB. Give Burrow all the weapons you can. I don’t want to be hearing about how Tyler Boyd is our entire offense in a couple years.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 06:03 PM)Whatever Wrote: That's honestly about what I was thinking for him.  He's a good RB, but not an elite RB.  

I think we’ll be calling him elite once he has a QB opposing teams are actually afraid of...

Reply/Quote
May be an early warning sign of CTE
Reply/Quote
I find it amazing those who claim they want this franchise to win seem to be a lot of the same people that want to trade away all our best players.
Reply/Quote
If they give him a decent contract they sure as shit need to have someone else calling plays for the offense.

Mixon's TD numbers would be much higher if we had a competent offensive mind running the show.

As far as earlier posts about Joe not taking it to the house...

He doesn't have pull away speed and gets tripped up.

That doesn't mean he's not worthy, but I understand what they're talking about.

I agree about not overpaying him because future contracts are based on past production.

No matter if the team has a bad line or whatever.  Individual production numbers usually dictate contract worth.

That's why I'm surprised by his attitude, because he's basically been robbed of potential TDs in the redzone by being underutilized or even standing on the sidelines.

Gio's contract is what I do have a problem with.  I just don't understand it and think it's more based on him as a person because he's very likeable.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 08:44 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: How do you rebuild when you let your best players leave in free agency?

Agreed... It'd be one thing if his replacement was on the roster, but he's not. Hopefully they learned something from not keeping Marvin Jones. But hey; we could probably get Jay Ajayi on the cheap.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 12:08 PM)jason Wrote: Agreed... It'd be one thing if his replacement was on the roster, but he's not. Hopefully they learned something from not keeping Marvin Jones. But hey; we could probably get Jay Ajayi on the cheap.

See that's the one thing that worries me when we talk about letting someone like Mixon go.

They took a chance on Joe and his past issues which caused him to slip in the draft.

The Bengals were fortunate that it paid off.

I'm not so sure they could replace him without using a higher pick.

They'd have to sign another FA at a lower price but he would probably be overpaid for for his actual worth.

I'm on board getting Mixon a sensible deal so they can address other positional groups.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Well Belicheat called him the best back in the league, but what does he know.....
Reply/Quote
The fact is people want to pay AJ green 18 million when the guy benched himself an entire year to secure another contract. If he gets franchised he will do the same thing again or just straight hold out. Joe Mixon has worked hard and been a great example of overcoming your past. He loves the team and he's super young so making an argument that we keep an injured 32 year old receiver over a 24 year old stud running back is just ignorant imo.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 06:53 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Any member is free to post whenever they want...silly bets or not. 

Bingo

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 04:03 PM)Okeana Wrote: The fact is people want to pay AJ green 18 million when the guy benched himself an entire year to secure another contract.  If he gets franchised he will do the same thing again or just straight hold out.  

Exactly what he said he would not do.....
Reply/Quote