Poll: most dissapointing playoff loss under Marvin Lewis?
This poll is closed.
2005 vs Steelers
20.73%
17 20.73%
2009 vs Jets
7.32%
6 7.32%
2011 @ Texans
1.22%
1 1.22%
2012 @ Texans
2.44%
2 2.44%
2013 vs Chargers
67.07%
55 67.07%
2014 @ Colts
1.22%
1 1.22%
Total 82 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most dissapointing playoff loss under marvin
A lot of people are going to say 2005 or 2013 because those were probably our two best teams of this era but I am going to go with the 2012 team. Our defense was great during the second half of that season and we finished the regular season with a 7-1 record. We were a missed Andy Dalton throw away from winning that game.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2015, 02:44 PM)J24 Wrote: A lot of people are going to say 2005 or 2013 because those were probably our two best teams of this era but I am going to go with the 2012 team. Our defense was great during the second half of that season and we finished the regular season with a 7-1 record.  We were a missed Andy Dalton throw away from winning that game.

I still can't believe we lost to the Jets in 09 or the Chargers.
Reply/Quote
With the ***** bull shit that idiot Marvin Lewis has put us through, I'm goddamned surprised that people can even manage to be disappointed when he shits the bed yet again, year after year. The most disappointing I guess would be the Steelers game because once that moron Palmer broke his arm and became The Wet Noodle, we were doomed to repeated failure prior to drafting The Red Musket who will also never win us a ***** playoff game. I for one am ***** enraged that this team is such a piece of shit.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2015, 02:44 PM)J24 Wrote: A lot of people are going to say 2005 or 2013 because those were probably our two best teams of this era but I am going to go with the 2012 team. Our defense was great during the second half of that season and we finished the regular season with a 7-1 record.  We were a missed Andy Dalton throw away from winning that game.

While you got a good point about the 2012 game i had to go with the Chargers loss.

That really showed me a lot. We beat that team in their place just a few weeks before.

We didn't have the mentality to win in the Playoffs under Marvin Lewis even against a
team we knew we could beat and already had beaten.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2015, 03:21 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: With the ***** bull shit that idiot Marvin Lewis has put us through, I'm goddamned surprised that people can even manage to be disappointed when he shits the bed yet again, year after year. The most disappointing I guess would be the Steelers game because once that moron Palmer broke his arm and became The Wet Noodle, we were doomed to repeated failure prior to drafting The Red Musket who will also never win us a ***** playoff game. I for one am ***** enraged that this team is such a piece of shit.

You sound like a fun dude to be around. :blush:
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2015, 03:03 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I still can't believe we lost to the Jets in 09 or the Chargers.

It was hard to see at the time, but looking back at it now it was clear that the '09 team was running on fumes by the time we got into the playoffs. We finished the season 3-4. All three wins were against team that won 4 or fewer games (Lions, Browns, Chiefs). We struggled to beat the browns 16-7 and we needed a td with less than 2 minutes left to beat the Chiefs 17-10.
Reply/Quote
Definitely the Chargers.

We were the superior team in every way.

We weren't ravaged by injuries like 2014, we didn't lose our QB like in 2005, we weren't cardiac kids who probably didn't belong in the playoffs like in 2009 and we weren't starting a rookie QB, WR and several young players at key positions like 2011.

2012 was also pretty disappointing, but not compared to 2013.

We were at home, we had a lead at half time, we were favored going in and we had already beaten them in San Diego that same year.

A few bad decisions/fumbles were the difference between winning and losing.

By far the most disappointing playoff loss in Lewis' tenure.
Reply/Quote
05 for me . I was at the chargers game thats a close second . But with CP9 johnson not ocho and a decent defense we could have gone all the way if we hadn't lost Carson . That to me was the most disappointing .
[Image: sig_zpsweeg0dtn.jpg]
Reply/Quote
2005, for sure. I think that was by far the best of the last decade of Bengals playoff teams.

2013 is disappointing because I really thought that they'd win, and I spend a shitload of money for me and my dad, brothers, wife and such to be at that game. That was a massively expensive Christmas gift, but a win would have made it more 'worth it'.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
For me, it was the Chargers loss in '13. I really felt like the Bengals were the much better team, and they just freakin' blew it.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
12 Texans. We were the better team all around but we played hungover.

I wouldn't count 05.who knows how Carson would have done. I don't know if he would have done much better than Kitna.
Reply/Quote
I voted Chargers loss in 2013, because I really thought we were ready, and then we just seemed lifeless and unmotivated. It killed me. However, I think I felt most devastated after the 2005 game. I thought we could make a run, and the Carson injury just left me shocked.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2015, 03:21 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: With the ***** bull shit that idiot Marvin Lewis has put us through, I'm goddamned surprised that people can even manage to be disappointed when he shits the bed yet again, year after year. The most disappointing I guess would be the Steelers game because once that moron Palmer broke his arm and became The Wet Noodle, we were doomed to repeated failure prior to drafting The Red Musket who will also never win us a ***** playoff game. I for one am ***** enraged that this team is such a piece of shit.

You know that there are 31 other teams to choose from, right?
Reply/Quote
For me it was the 2013 loss to the Chargers that hurt the most. Mainly because I feel even though we didn't have Geno due to injury, that team was the strongest of all the Marvin Lewis playoff teams (except maybe the 2005 team).  I don't like to put the blame for the losses on one person, but this game was an example of why I was thrilled when Jay Gruden left for Washington. The fact that we completely abandoned the run and had Andy throw 55 times just made me furious.
Reply/Quote
Honestly though, what's it matter? There's not a lot of fun dredging up all the should have been the last decade.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2015, 06:06 PM)Benton Wrote: I wouldn't count 05.who knows how Carson would have done. I don't know if he would have done much better than Kitna.

Well he was off to a damn good start.

2005 was hands down the most disappoint to me. I was so excited about that game, Our 1st playoff game in 14 years. CP9 comes out and throws a strike to Slim and then both are gone for the rest of the day. We wind up losing to the hated Steelers. Damn I can't even think of another loss under Marvin coming close.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
1. Chargers - No reason we should've lost this game. We were favored at home over a team we'd run all over in San Diego. Gio's fumble, Andy's 2nd half meltdown and a suddenly inept defense were all culprits. We abandoned the run too quickly as well.

2. Steelers - Obvious reasons.

3. Texans 2.0 - This is the only game where the defense was even semi-decent, but the offense didn't show up. Jay decided to feature Gresh over AJ in the first half, which was facepalm worthy. The run game was practically ignored in a close game. Andy overthrew AJ for the win.

4. Colts - This game just felt more like the Bengals playng poorly than the Colts playing well. 3rd string RB Boom Herron gashed our defense for 140+ yards from scrimmage. Luck threw for 376 on our supposedly elite secondary. We didn't run well enough to stick with it. Dalton actually wasn't terrible despite missing pretty much every good receiver on the roster. This loss wasn't on him.

5. Jets - My hopes were down after the Jets manhandled us in regular season. Sure some people think our starters weren't trying, but I don't buy it. Still, it was disappointing to see the team waste a heroic effort from CedBen. Palmer was horrible. Chad was on Revis island. The defense laid a huge egg, getting owned by Sanchez and Shonn Greene of all people. Shayne went 0-2, but we probably would've lost even with the FG's.

6. Texans 1.0 - Even the least disappointing loss was still disappointing. Simply for the fact that we got beat by the Texans' 3rd string QB (TJ Yates). To this day, Yates has been dreadful in every game he's played in...except for his 2 starts against the Bengals, where he was exceptional in both. Even terrible players look good against us in the playoffs. It's ridiculous. Dalton threw 3 INT's, but as a rookie facing Watt on the road, most of us didn't expect much. Still disappointing though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

HAHA! I love your avatar. This post is dildos.
Reply/Quote

Could we limit Jungle Noise to Cincinnati Bengals fans?
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2015, 10:20 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: In 05 and last season he had reasonable excuses. Your starting QB going down or your best LB and 2 receivers being out will mess with any team. The jets loss stung but that was when they were in discussion for best defense in the league. The chargers loss was just brutal though. They wanted it more despite having an inferior roster and I really think that it was just that simple. Dalton made some mistakes and it seemed as though the whole team collectively folded up like a lawn chair. If only this team could bring the same attitude to the playoffs that they've flashed in regular season games like the Broncos and Saints games last year. Those were games that they just refused to be bested and it payed off.
Reply/Quote