Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most impressive AFCN teams Week 2
1. Steelers. Only because they hung 43 points on a depleted 49s team that saw many players run for the fire exit during the off season. Negative, pass defense is still highly suspect.

2. Bengals. A close game against a very good team lead by the current Chargers leader in touchdown passes. Despite some unfortunate turnovers and many penalties the Bengals held true and got the win. Negative, Dalton missed on a few passes that could have blown the game open.

3. Browns. A battle between two teams with about the same low skill level they pulled off the win. I'm happy to see Manziel get his first out of what will only be a few wins this year. He lost the attitude and did what he needed in the offseason to get on track. Negative, too bad it is still the Browns.

4. Ravens. Their moral victory after a close loss to the Broncos didn't translate well into week 2. They lost in a high scoring game to one of the worst teams in the NFL. Negative, a lot but I'll be nice because I feel bad for Pat, not really. This is the kind of loss that may very well come back to haunt them later in the season when things get more difficult.

End result:

Bengals 2-0
Steelers 1-1
Browns 1-1
Ravens 0-2

Bonus to ColtsFan: Luck is my starting QB this week in fantasy so I am rooting for you. But I'm already up by 25 points on my opponent so I'm not rooting too much. Wink
Reply/Quote
Bengals. If the refs didn't try to screw over the Bengals we would have won by 14. The 49ers are a crap team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Steelers
Browns
Bengals

need some distance between 3rd and 4th
Ravens

Browns get the nod over the Bengals for putting away that team early and winning by 14. They were up 21-7 with 6 minutes left in the game when Tennessee made it a one TD game. They immediately respond by scoring again.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:55 PM)BlmorePat87 Wrote: Steelers
Browns
Bengals

Ravens

Browns get the nod over the Bengals for putting away that team early and winning by 14. They were up 21-7 with 6 minutes left in the game when Tennessee made it a one TD game. They immediately respond by scoring again.

It was friggin' Tennessee.....and the Browns almost let them come back.  

Steelers
Bengals
Browns
Ravens

No doubt.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Browns get the nod over the Bengals for putting away that team early and winning by 14. They were up 21-7 with 6 minutes left in the game when Tennessee made it a one TD game. They immediately respond by scoring again.

Sure you dont wanna put the Bengals first because they beat the #1 offense ifrom last week in the NFL, and beat the team who handled the ravens this week?
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:57 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: It was friggin' Tennessee.....and the Browns almost let them come back.  

Steelers
Bengals
Browns
Ravens

No doubt.

Give him a break. He's just mad.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:41 PM)Bengaldor Wrote: 1. Steelers.  Only because they hung 43 points on a depleted 49s team that saw many players run for the fire exit during the off season.  Negative, pass defense is still highly suspect.

2. Bengals.  A close game against a very good team lead by the current Chargers leader in touchdown passes.  Despite some unfortunate turnovers and many penalties the Bengals held true and got the win.  Negative, Dalton missed on a few passes that could have blown the game open.

3.  Browns.  A battle between two teams with about the same low skill level they pulled off the win.  I'm happy to see Manziel get his first out of what will only be a few wins this year.  He lost the attitude and did what he needed in the offseason to get on track.  Negative, too bad it is still the Browns.

4.  Ravens.  Their moral victory after a close loss to the Broncos didn't translate well into week 2.  They lost in a high scoring game to one of the worst teams in the NFL.  Negative, a lot but I'll be nice because I feel bad for Pat, not really.  This is the kind of loss that may very well come back to haunt them later in the season when things get more difficult.

End result:

Bengals 2-0
Steelers 1-1
Browns 1-1
Ravens 0-2

Bonus to ColtsFan:  Luck is my starting QB this week in fantasy so I am rooting for you.  But I'm already up by 25 points on my opponent so I'm not rooting too much.  Wink

Luck is a good choice. He won't let you down. The Colts Defense, however, that's another question. I just hope the Colts defense get their act together for the Monday night game. BTW... congrats on beating the Chargers. We Colts fans aren't that fond of the Chargers. Chargers seem to have the Colts number - especially in playoff games. Thus, the Colts would rather the Chargers never make it to the playoffs. Having them lose in regular season games is a good way of preventing the Chargers from getting to the playoffs!  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Steelers
Browns
Bengals

Ravens

LOL! We get it, you're mad. Hey don't worry, your team still has a 12% chance to make playoffs.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:44 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Bengals. If the refs didn't try to screw over the Bengals we would have won by 14. The 49ers are a crap team.

So were the Raiders last week....
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:41 PM)Bengaldor Wrote: 1. Steelers.  Only because they hung 43 points on a depleted 49s team that saw many players run for the fire exit during the off season.  Negative, pass defense is still highly suspect.

2. Bengals.  A close game against a very good team lead by the current Chargers leader in touchdown passes.  Despite some unfortunate turnovers and many penalties the Bengals held true and got the win.  Negative, Dalton missed on a few passes that could have blown the game open.

3.  Browns.  A battle between two teams with about the same low skill level they pulled off the win.  I'm happy to see Manziel get his first out of what will only be a few wins this year.  He lost the attitude and did what he needed in the offseason to get on track.  Negative, too bad it is still the Browns.

4.  Ravens.  Their moral victory after a close loss to the Broncos didn't translate well into week 2.  They lost in a high scoring game to one of the worst teams in the NFL.  Negative, a lot but I'll be nice because I feel bad for Pat, not really.  This is the kind of loss that may very well come back to haunt them later in the season when things get more difficult.

End result:

Bengals 2-0
Steelers 1-1
Browns 1-1
Ravens 0-2

Bonus to ColtsFan:  Luck is my starting QB this week in fantasy so I am rooting for you.  But I'm already up by 25 points on my opponent so I'm not rooting too much.  Wink

Hill didn't look too hot. I got blown out in fantasy. Had he played better I might've had a chance because I also have Luck. 

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:57 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: It was friggin' Tennessee.....and the Browns almost let them come back.  

Steelers
Bengals
Browns
Ravens

No doubt.

It was friggin' San Diego.... and the Bengals ACTUALLY almost let them come back. 

I'm actually being honest here. I understand the argument that barely beating the Chargers at home is better than beating the Titans by 14 at home, but this isn't 2014 anymore. We can only go off of what they've done this season.

Hey, but at least only one person said the Bengals winning by 5 was more impressive than the Steelers winning by 25...

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:08 PM)GMDino Wrote: So were the Raiders last week....

If the Raiders are a crap team, what's that make the Ravens?  Big Grin

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:57 PM)Beaker Wrote: Sure you dont wanna put the Bengals first because they beat the #1 offense ifrom last week in the NFL, and beat the team who handled the ravens this week?

To be fair, the 9'ers looked good against the Vikings last week. I don't think they will prove to be very good over the course of 16 games, but it's hard to definitively call them garbage, right now.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:09 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It was friggin' San Diego.... and the Bengals ACTUALLY almost let them come back. 

I'm actually being honest here. I understand the argument that barely beating the Chargers at home is better than beating the Titans by 14 at home, but this isn't 2014 anymore. We can only go off of what they've done this season.

Hey, but at least only one person said the Bengals winning by 5 was more impressive than the Steelers winning by 25...

Bro last week the Raiders never crossed mid field until pretty late in the game. They just hung 37 points or whatever on you. You just got beat by quite possibly the worst team in the NFL. Stop trying to argue point differentials, just hang it up.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:09 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It was friggin' San Diego.... and the Bengals ACTUALLY almost let them come back. 

Admittedly, I only saw highlights of the CLE v TEN game, but I did watch the Bengals do some pretty good things (Marvin Lewis impression) against San Diego. The defense played well, got turnovers at opportune times, got critical stops when the needed them, and limited big plays by Rivers.  Andy played another great game, and although Hill was blowing it, Bernard picked up for him.

I know that pointing out that San Diego was the #1 offense last week is similar to pointing out how well Tennessee did in week 1, but I'd wager that in the end, the Chargers finish well ahead of the Titans in the conference.  For now, I'm still going off of 2014...until teams give me a solid reason to update my view of them.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:18 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Bro last week the Raiders never crossed mid field until pretty late in the game. They just hung 37 points or whatever on you. You just got beat by quite possibly the worst team in the NFL. Stop trying to argue point differentials, just hang it up.

Their first play on the Bengals side of the field last week was the first play of the 4th quarter. 
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:08 PM)GMDino Wrote: So were the Raiders last week....

They still are. Don't let that win against a crap team fool you.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
It's pretty funny watching Pat scramble for smack on the back of the Browns win over Tennessee after the Ravens got embarrassed by the Raiders. The friggin' Raiders. Could he be like ColtsFan and now respects the Browns? Wink
Reply/Quote

All silliness aside, Steelers were most impressive. They have massive talent on O and a QB than knows what to do with it. 

It's going to be interesting to see how the Bengals D does against that offense.

P.S. Your anger is causing you to say goofy things like, the Browns had a more impressive win. Do you even calm, bro?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:18 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Bro last week the Raiders never crossed mid field until pretty late in the game. They just hung 37 points or whatever on you. You just got beat by quite possibly the worst team in the NFL. Stop trying to argue point differentials, just hang it up.

Bro, the thread is "week 2" not "2015 season". Why are you mentioning how the Bengals did against the Raiders last week? You should feel stupid for even trying to argue that the Ravens getting embarrassed is a reason why the Browns were not as impressive as the Bengals. 

(09-20-2015, 09:19 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Admittedly, I only saw highlights of the CLE v TEN game, but I did watch the Bengals do some pretty good things (Marvin Lewis impression) against San Diego. The defense played well, got turnovers at opportune times, got critical stops when the needed them, and limited big plays by Rivers.  Andy played another great game, and although Hill was blowing it, Bernard picked up for him.

I know that pointing out that San Diego was the #1 offense last week is similar to pointing out how well Tennessee did in week 1, but I'd wager that in the end, the Chargers finish well ahead of the Titans in the conference.  For now, I'm still going off of 2014...until teams give me a solid reason to update my view of them.

I think the obvious issue with us making these posts in this thread is we all watched maybe 1 or 2 of the games. The Chargers may very well finish ahead of the Titans, and I appreciate you being honest in that you're basing this entirely off of last season, but I will point out that the Chargers barely beat a now 0-2 team at home last week while the Titans blew out a now 1-1 team on the road. I could use that as further evidence as to why the Browns beating them by 14  was more impressive than the Bengals beating the Chargers by 5.

If last season dictated this season, the Ravens wouldn't have given up 37 points to Oakland despite Joe Flacco having the 3rd most passing yards in his career. That's my issue with only basing things off last season. 

Reply/Quote