Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most impressive AFCN teams Week 2
Steelers, easily.

Hope to God the Bengals defense shows up for that game, otherwise Roethlisberger will go on a warpath.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: P.S. Your anger is causing you to say goofy things like, the Browns had a more impressive win. Do you even calm, bro?

I presented by argument for it. Do you have an argument against it that doesn't rely on the 2014 season or are you just going to call me silly?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:31 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I presented by argument for it. Do you have an argument against it that doesn't rely on the 2014 season or are you just going to call me silly?

As long as you believe a team like Tennessee is equal to the Chargers and you think the Browns had a more impressive win, i will continue to call you silly. Because your argument is silly.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:22 PM)Bengaldor Wrote: It's pretty funny watching Pat scramble for smack on the back of the Browns win over Tennessee after the Ravens got embarrassed by the Raiders. The friggin' Raiders.  Could he be like ColtsFan and now respects the Browns?  Wink

You're reaching, kid. I just gave the Steelers the top spot and I despise them more than any team on here. It's called being objective. 

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: As long as you believe a team like Tennessee is equal to the Chargers and you think the Browns had a more impressive win, i will continue to call you silly. Because your argument is silly.

They're both 1-1. The difference is the Chargers barely beat an 0-2 team in San Diego while the Titans went on the road and blew out a 1-1 team.

basically you're valuing teams based on their 2014 schedule. That explains why the Vikings beat the Lions, the Jags beat the Dolphins, the Raiders beat the Ravens...

It's easy to call someone else silly when you have no argument.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:34 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You're reaching, kid. I just gave the Steelers the top spot and I despise them more than any team on here. It's called being objective. 

I felt I was fair in my OP as well.  Watching your head explode, your mental gymnastics that get a 1.2/10, and your scrambling to discredit the Bengals win over a good team while the Ravens lost to the friggin' Raiders in a high scoring and embarrassing way is hilarious.  "kid", haha.  Yeah.. I don't want to make you so mad you start making fake quotes from me again or tell me to go back to JN. I'll just leave you with this since we are talking about this year:

Bengals: 2-0
Ravens: 0-2

I'll see you next week.  :)
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:38 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: They're both 1-1. The difference is the Chargers barely beat an 0-2 team in San Diego while the Titans went on the road and blew out a 1-1 team.

basically you're valuing teams based on their 2014 schedule. That explains why the Vikings beat the Lions, the Jags beat the Dolphins, the Raiders beat the Ravens...

It's easy to call someone else silly when you have no argument.

No, i'm not valuing teams on 2014. I'm valuing teams on what i've seen in the past 2 weeks and i'm weighing it against a lot of things. One thing i'm not doing is looking at a teams record and basing it off that.

Teams play differently from week to week. That's why i expect the Bengals to have a very tough time coming out of Baltimore with a win. 

Your argument, based on a team's record, is silly. Correct it!!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Steelers
Browns
Bengals

need some distance between 3rd and 4th
Ravens

Browns get the nod over the Bengals for putting away that team early and winning by 14. They were up 21-7 with 6 minutes left in the game when Tennessee made it a one TD game. They immediately respond by scoring again.

Tee Hee
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:30 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Bro, the thread is "week 2" not "2015 season". Why are you mentioning how the Bengals did against the Raiders last week? You should feel stupid for even trying to argue that the Ravens getting embarrassed is a reason why the Browns were not as impressive as the Bengals. 

I think the obvious issue with us making these posts in this thread is we all watched maybe 1 or 2 of the games. The Chargers may very well finish ahead of the Titans, and I appreciate you being honest in that you're basing this entirely off of last season, but I will point out that the Chargers barely beat a now 0-2 team at home last week while the Titans blew out a now 1-1 team on the road. I could use that as further evidence as to why the Browns beating them by 14  was more impressive than the Bengals beating the Chargers by 5.

If last season dictated this season, the Ravens wouldn't have given up 37 points to Oakland despite Joe Flacco having the 3rd most passing yards in his career. That's my issue with only basing things off last season. 

The Browns were more impressive in beating a rookie making his 2nd career start, than the Bengals were in beating an 11 year vet who's arguably a top 10 QB who just passed Dan Fouts as the Chargers all time leader in TD passes in his 146th NFL start?

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:40 PM)Bengaldor Wrote: I felt I was fair in my OP as well.  Watching your head explode, your mental gymnastics that get a 1.2/10, and your scrambling to discredit the Bengals win over a good team while the Ravens lost to the friggin' Raiders in a high scoring and embarrassing way is hilarious.  "kid", haha.  Yeah..  I'll see you next week.  :)

I felt your OP was fair too. You took some petty digs at me for some odd reason (I already have one stalker, I don't need 2) and I thought my own post was just as fair. You responded by attacking me and not my argument. Good job?

(09-20-2015, 09:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No, i'm not valuing teams on 2014. I'm valuing teams on what i've seen in the past 2 weeks and i'm weighing it against a lot of things. One thing i'm not doing is looking at a teams record and basing it off that.

Teams play differently from week to week. That's why i expect the Bengals to have a very tough time coming out of Baltimore with a win. 

Your argument, based on a team's record, is silly. Correct it!!

You are basing this off of 2014. At least admit it and we can move forward. We disagree over a ranking of how 3 winning teams did. I defended mine. You just attacked it without giving a rebuttal. Cool story?

(09-20-2015, 09:45 PM)Bryan Wrote: The Browns were more impressive in beating a rookie making his 2nd career start, than the Bengals were in beating an 11 year vet who's arguably a top 10 QB who just passed Dan Fouts as the Chargers all time leader in TD passes in his 146th NFL start?

The manner in which they did? Yea. You guys refused to let me use Peyton Mannings' resume as an arguing point last week. Now we want to argue Philip River's past? LOL

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:50 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The manner in which they did? Yea. You guys refused to let me use Peyton Mannings' resume as an arguing point last week. Now we want to argue Philip River's past? LOL

I'm arguing Phillip Rivers' present. He passed Fouts today. He's arguably a top 10 QB in today's NFL. 

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:50 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You are basing this off of 2014. At least admit it and we can move forward. We disagree over a ranking of how 3 winning teams did. I defended mine. You just attacked it without giving a rebuttal. Cool story?

Nah. Just pointing out how silly it is for you to base it off of a team's record. 

If you want to be silly, just say "i want to be silly".

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:50 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I felt your OP was fair too. You took some petty digs at me for some odd reason (I already have one stalker, I don't need 2) and I thought my own post was just as fair. You responded by attacking me and not my argument. Good job?

That's pretty funny you say that because in my thread last week you made up fake quotes and told me to go back to JN. That's petty.  Don't worry I won't quote them in this thread.  I guess all is fair now isn't it.  I understand you are extremely angry due to a horrible loss to the Raiders and not rational.  So I'll let your over emotional state slide. 

Again see you next week when you might be more level headed. I'm on call and have to get some rest in case I get called in. I'll leave you with this:

Bengals 2-0
Ravens 0-2.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:57 PM)Bengaldor Wrote: That's pretty funny you say that because in my thread last week you made up fake quotes and told me to go back to JN. That's petty.  Don't worry I won't quote them in this thread.  I guess all is fair now isn't it.  I understand you are extremely angry due to a horrible loss to the Raiders and not rational.  So I'll let your over emotional state slide. 

Again see you next week when you might be more level headed:

Bengals 2-0
Ravens 0-2.

"Made up fake quotes"?

I "FIFY" a number of silly posts you made to reflect the argument you were actually making a ways to show the flaws in your argument. I also have been pretty rational and have defended my own rankings throughout this thread.

Even as we speak, you still haven't explained to me why you disagree with my rankings and how you're are more accurate. You, like others, have decided to just attack my character... hmmm....

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 10:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote:  You, like others, have decided to just attack my character... 

Well....  damn. 

If you're going to start crying, i'll back off.  Cool

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 10:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You, like others, have decided to just attack my character... hmmm....

Okay Brad.  Wink
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:53 PM)Bryan Wrote: I'm arguing Phillip Rivers' present. He passed Fouts today. He's arguably a top 10 QB in today's NFL. 

Manning became the 2nd QB to throw over 70k yards. So? Does the fact that Rivers' 2 TDs today set and beat Fouts' record make those 2 TDs any more impressive than 2 TDs from any other QB this week? Those 2 TDs are only "special" in context with his 253 previous TDs over the last 11 seasons. 

The point being, when you say "2nd career NFL game" vs "11th season, just passed Fouts", you discredit the argument that Manning should only be looked at from his current season and performance. I can get behind that argument, and I know you didn't make it and have no obligation to defend what others posted here, but I am just pointing out the inconsistency in how everyone ranks and values teams this early.

(09-20-2015, 09:54 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nah. Just pointing out how silly it is for you to base it off of a team's record. 

If you want to be silly, just say "i want to be silly".

I actually didn't base it off their records... just today's performance LOL

I merely then showed how the record argument works in favor of my argument. Stop being silly. 

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 10:06 PM)Bengaldor Wrote: Okay Brad.  Wink

Let's get real, every time he says that, it's after someone arguments against his point, only for him to make the point again.

So far, you have yet to argue against my point. I've been more than reasonable and patient. If you would like to address what I said, go ahead. If not, I'll just assume you're only capable of juvenile personal attacks. 

(09-20-2015, 09:22 PM)Bengaldor Wrote: It's pretty funny watching Pat scramble for smack on the back of the Browns win over Tennessee after the Ravens got embarrassed by the Raiders. The friggin' Raiders.  Could he be like ColtsFan and now respects the Browns?  Wink

(09-20-2015, 09:40 PM)Bengaldor Wrote: I felt I was fair in my OP as well.  Watching your head explode, your mental gymnastics that get a 1.2/10, and your scrambling to discredit the Bengals win over a good team while the Ravens lost to the friggin' Raiders in a high scoring and embarrassing way is hilarious.  "kid", haha.  Yeah..  I don't want to make you so mad you start making fake quotes from me again or tell me to go back to JN.  I'll just leave you with this since we are talking about this year:

Bengals: 2-0
Ravens: 0-2

I'll see you next week.  :)

(09-20-2015, 09:57 PM)Bengaldor Wrote: That's pretty funny you say that because in my thread last week you made up fake quotes and told me to go back to JN. That's petty.  Don't worry I won't quote them in this thread.  I guess all is fair now isn't it.  I understand you are extremely angry due to a horrible loss to the Raiders and not rational.  So I'll let your over emotional state slide. 

Again see you next week when you might be more level headed. I'm on call and have to get some rest in case I get called in.  I'll leave you with this:

Bengals 2-0
Ravens 0-2.

Again, if you want to actually address what I said instead of posting 4 straight personal attacks, be my guest. If not, you may be better suited for Jungle Noise.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:57 PM)Beaker Wrote: Sure you dont wanna put the Bengals first because they beat the #1 offense ifrom last week in the NFL, and beat the team who handled the ravens this week?

But how high can you really put a team with Dalton as QB?
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 10:33 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: But how high can you really put a team with Dalton as QB?

#1 in the league
Reply/Quote