Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most impressive AFCN teams Week 2
(09-20-2015, 10:14 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Again, if you want to actually address what I said instead of posting 4 straight personal attacks, be my guest. If not, you may be better suited for Jungle Noise.

My OP already addressed your feelings about the Browns win over the Bengals win. The Browns, a bottom tier team beat Tennessee a bottom tier team with a first year QB. The Bengals beat a higher tier team with an established franchise record setting QB. The Ravens lost to a bottom tier team. Thus this week: Steelers, Bengals, Browns, Ravens. Instead of explaining it more I'd rather watch you scramble all over the forum and tell people to go to JN.  Your anger and crying about being attacked in the SMACK forum is funny.  This is just a message board where no one really knows anyone else so don't take it so serious. You will enjoy it more.  Next thing you know you will be posting about how Fred is trying to ruin your name and the Raven's loss to the Raiders was just a technicality.  

Good night my angry friend.  I have work to do.   :)
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 10:35 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: #1 in the league

Until the playoffs. Then the team loses in the 1st round!  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Steelers
Browns
Bengals

need some distance between 3rd and 4th
Ravens

Browns get the nod over the Bengals for putting away that team early and winning by 14. They were up 21-7 with 6 minutes left in the game when Tennessee made it a one TD game. They immediately respond by scoring again.

Mooning

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 10:41 PM)Bengaldor Wrote: My OP already addressed your feelings about the Browns win over the Bengals win. The Browns, a bottom tier team beat Tennessee a bottom tier team with a first year QB.  The Bengals beat a higher tier team with an established franchise record setting QB.  The Ravens lost to a bottom tier team. Thus this week: Steelers, Bengals, Browns, Ravens.  Instead of explaining it more I'd rather watch you scramble all over the forum and tell people to go to JN.  Your anger and crying about being attacked in the SMACK forum is funny.  This is just a message board where no one really knows anyone else so don't take it so serious. You will enjoy it more.  Next thing you know you will be posting about how Fred is trying to ruin your name and the Raven's loss to the Raiders was just a technicality.  

Good night my angry friend.  I have work to do.   :)

What makes the Titans a bottom tier team and what makes the Chargers a higher tier team? Both are 1-1 but the chargers win came against an 0-2 team while the Titans against a 1-1 team.

No need for personal attacks either. I see you've made it a point to do it every post, but It's really not needed if you're confident in your argument
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 12:58 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: What makes the Titans a bottom tier team and what makes the Chargers a higher tier team? Both are 1-1 but the chargers win came against an 0-2 team while the Titans against a 1-1 team.

No need for personal attacks either. I see you've made it a point to do it every post, but It's really not needed if you're confident in your argument

I feel like its obvious the chargers are better than the titans. If you had to bet your life on which one would have the better record, you arent goin with the titans. I can see your point on having Cleveland above us, i dont agree, but can see your points. Rivers actually played really well, it was a tough game. On to the Ravens.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 01:04 AM)Bengal Jells Wrote: I feel like its obvious the chargers are better than the titans. If you had to bet your life on which one would have the better record, you arent goin with the titans. I can see your point on having Cleveland above us, i dont agree, but can see your points. Rivers actually played really well, it was a tough game. On to the Ravens.
I would put money on them being better too. Mostly because of their past, which is my point. The past has seemed irrelevant in a number of games these last two weeks. The Ravens and Seahawks went the furthest in the playoffs in their divisions last year yet are 0-2 and in last place.

Until teams prove otherwise, we can only go off 2015 performance not 2014

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 11:27 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Until the playoffs. Then the team loses in the 1st round!  ThumbsUp

Bengals gonna win in the playoffs this year. The Bengals offense has their weapons back, and hopefully it will stay that way.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 12:58 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: What makes the Titans a bottom tier team and what makes the Chargers a higher tier team? Both are 1-1 but the chargers win came against an 0-2 team while the Titans against a 1-1 team.

What makes then a higher tier team.

First, logic does. Look at their rosters, top to bottom and then say the Titans are on the same tier as the Chargers. Unless you are ready to say that the Titans are better than the Chargers your stance is invalid. Now, if you want to make that statement, I'm sure everyone will be happy to save it and revisit it at the end of the year.

Second, Quarterbacks, a guy with 11 years in the league vs a guy making start #2 in his life. A rookie QB on the road got beat. That's what is supposed to happen to rookie QBs on the road, they struggle as the adjust to the speed of the NFL. 

This is a Brad like level of trolling you are doing. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:57 PM)Beaker Wrote: Sure you dont wanna put the Bengals first because they beat the #1 offense ifrom last week in the NFL, and beat the team who handled the ravens this week?

What does their week 1 result have to do with who was more impressive in week 2?  Try to keep up, Beaker.   
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 03:21 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: First, logic does. 

Never a good start to just say "logic" when discussing subjective rankings.

Quote:Look at their rosters, top to bottom and then say the Titans are on the same tier as the Chargers. Unless you are ready to say that the Titans are better than the Chargers your stance is invalid. Now, if you want to make that statement, I'm sure everyone will be happy to save it and revisit it at the end of the year.

I believe my last post had me saying that the Chargers will probably do better this season. I said that until the season progresses, we can only look at their current performance, though, when stating how well a team played. We can say that a lot of teams look great on paper, but we play 16 games for a reason. The Ravens are a far superior team on paper than the Raiders. That didn't stop the Raiders offense from torching the Ravens D.

Quote:Second, Quarterbacks, a guy with 11 years in the league vs a guy making start #2 in his life. A rookie QB on the road got beat. That's what is supposed to happen to rookie QBs on the road, they struggle as the adjust to the speed of the NFL. 

That argument wouldn't have worked very well in the "most impressive team week 1" thread as you cannot mention Manning's past what-so-ever because he is apparently really bad now. I actually would agree that in 4 cases out of 5, the team with an established veteran should be much better than the rookie. That doesn't really mean much until they play, though. There are a lot of people getting hung up over "on paper" and not "on the field". On the field, the Chargers barely put away an 0-2 team while at home. On the field the Bengals let the Chargers linger the whole game, only winning by 5. On the field, the Titans blew out a 1-1 team while on the road. On the field, the Browns went into the half with a 21 point lead and, after that, spent 26 of the next 30 minutes leading by 14 or more. 

Take away who it is and ask "Is it more impressive to maintain a double digit lead for 80% of the game or more impressive to win by 5"? Because even if you want to play the "tier" game, what tier are the Browns? 

Quote:This is a Brad like level of trolling you are doing. 

I'll refrain from the personal attacks, but it's really telling when this is all the ammo you have.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:08 PM)Bryan Wrote: Hill didn't look too hot. I got blown out in fantasy. Had he played better I might've had a chance because I also have Luck. 

ThumbsUp
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote

You can't really only look at records this early on in the season.  Yeah, you take it into account when judging a team's skill, but it's certainly not the only thing.  Do you think the Panthers and Falcons are better than the Seahawks and the Ravens?  Probably not, but if we're only looking at this year's record, then you'd have to say so.

This early, I base my opinions on last year's team and any changes that they may have made, rather than who they've beaten in two weeks.  The NFL is just too fluky, and that's too small of a sample size to go on.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 08:44 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: You can't really only look at records this early on in the season.  Yeah, you take it into account when judging a team's skill, but it's certainly not the only thing.  Do you think the Panthers and Falcons are better than the Seahawks and the Ravens?  Probably not, but if we're only looking at this year's record, then you'd have to say so.

This early, I base my opinions on last year's team and any changes that they may have made, rather than who they've beaten in two weeks.  The NFL is just too fluky, and that's too small of a sample size to go on.

That's fair. From a week to week perspective, I disagree, which is why I posed the question of: "Is it more impressive to maintain a double digit lead for 80% of the game or more impressive to win by 5?"

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 08:44 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: You can't really only look at records this early on in the season.  Yeah, you take it into account when judging a team's skill, but it's certainly not the only thing.  Do you think the Panthers and Falcons are better than the Seahawks and the Ravens?  Probably not, but if we're only looking at this year's record, then you'd have to say so.

Right on. The best way to look at things is to judge them based on their last year + any offseason changes.

The Chargers pretty much have their exact coaching staff back from last year. Did they lose anyone notable? Guys like Te'o have another season under their belt, they added Melvin Gordon and Stevie Johnson to bolster their weapons. Danny Woodhead and Jason Verrett missed almost all of 2014 and are both key players on the team. That's a 9-7 team that did nothing but improve from their 2014 squad. Am I missing anyone that they lost of note? I can't think of anyone that would drastically crush the team.

The Titans had a bit of an overhaul in the front office and then they added Mike Mularky and Dick Lebeau who are a combined 131 years old to be assistant head coaches. Mariota is obviously going to be a good QB but he's not what his stats are showing right now. He'll be coming back down to earth shortly. Harry Douglas and Brian Orakpo were the big signings, and while I can't bash those, they would have been a bit more exciting 2-3 years ago. Didn't their offensive line retire over the offseason? Well, anyone talented on it, at least. The defense was a disaster last year, and what did they do to fix it?? Hire a dinosaur to coach them....sure, that'll work! Wasn't Dorial Green-Beckham supposed to take over the league or something? His, uhh...catch (singular, 1 catch, uno, einer, un) was really impressive, I guess. This is a team that won 2 games and I'm sorry, but Marcus Mariota, Harry Douglas, and Brian Orakpo-post 3 pectoral tears isn't going to turn this team into a contender, something that the San Diego Chargers are currently considered. Look at it on the bright side, they get to play a last place schedule AND the NFCS this year. That's almost like winning the lottery if you're an NFL team.

Sorry, uhhh, what I meant to say was RAVENS SUCK N STUFF **** THE TITANS TOO!
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 09:26 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Right on. The best way to look at things is to judge them based on their last year + any offseason changes.

The Chargers pretty much have their exact coaching staff back from last year. Did they lose anyone notable? Guys like Te'o have another season under their belt, they added Melvin Gordon and Stevie Johnson to bolster their weapons. Danny Woodhead and Jason Verrett missed almost all of 2014 and are both key players on the team. That's a 9-7 team that did nothing but improve from their 2014 squad. Am I missing anyone that they lost of note? I can't think of anyone that would drastically crush the team.

The Titans had a bit of an overhaul in the front office and then they added Mike Mularky and Dick Lebeau who are a combined 131 years old to be assistant head coaches. Mariota is obviously going to be a good QB but he's not what his stats are showing right now. He'll be coming back down to earth shortly. Harry Douglas and Brian Orakpo were the big signings, and while I can't bash those, they would have been a bit more exciting 2-3 years ago. Didn't their offensive line retire over the offseason? Well, anyone talented on it, at least. The defense was a disaster last year, and what did they do to fix it?? Hire a dinosaur to coach them....sure, that'll work! Wasn't Dorial Green-Beckham supposed to take over the league or something? His, uhh...catch (singular, 1 catch, uno, einer, un) was really impressive, I guess. This is a team that won 2 games and I'm sorry, but Marcus Mariota, Harry Douglas, and Brian Orakpo-post 3 pectoral tears isn't going to turn this team into a contender, something that the San Diego Chargers are currently considered. Look at it on the bright side, they get to play a last place schedule AND the NFCS this year. That's almost like winning the lottery if you're an NFL team.

Sorry, uhhh, what I meant to say was RAVENS SUCK N STUFF **** THE TITANS TOO!

The Titans very well may have the same record as the Chargers after 7 weeks. The Titans have 4 straight home games with a bye tucked in there while the Chargers have 3 road games and 2 home games against the Browns and Steelers. 

Of course, none of this really matters when we're discussing how one team performed in one week.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:09 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It was friggin' San Diego.... and the Bengals ACTUALLY almost let them come back. 

I'm actually being honest here. I understand the argument that barely beating the Chargers at home is better than beating the Titans by 14 at home, but this isn't 2014 anymore. We can only go off of what they've done this season.

Hey, but at least only one person said the Bengals winning by 5 was more impressive than the Steelers winning by 25...

A Clash between 2 playoff caliber Teams..... should be close scoring affairs.

But ill give the Browns 2nd spot this week they won in impressive fashion against a Titans team that put away their week 1 opponent in the first quarter. and the browns lost their first game badly. so it was a much improved week for them.

(chargers are the better of the two teams (titans) but the browns won more convencingly.. so ill give credit where its due... Without hills fumbles we could have probly put the chargers away sooner and gotten a bit of breathing room)

Bengals chargers game was a messy affair with hills fumbles and the charger turnovers.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 12:44 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: A Clash between 2 playoff caliber Teams.....  should be close scoring affairs.

But ill give the Browns 2nd spot this week they won in impressive fashion against a Titans team that put away their week 1 opponent in the first quarter.  and the browns lost their first game badly. so it was a much improved week for them.

(chargers are the better of the two teams (titans)  but the browns won more convencingly.. so ill give credit where its due...  Without hills fumbles we could have probly put the chargers away sooner and gotten a bit of breathing room)

Bengals chargers game was a messy affair with hills fumbles and the charger turnovers.

Missed Nugent FG too, right?

Shouldn't have been close. Definitely would have given it to the Bengals if it was a 10 points lead compared to Cleveland's 14 point lead.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 03:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Missed Nugent FG too, right?

Shouldn't have been close. Definitely would have given it to the Bengals if it was a 10 points lead compared to Cleveland's 14 point lead.

yeah a missed FG early
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:07 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Luck is a good choice. He won't let you down.

Good thing I had a big lead going into Monday night or Luck would have cost me the game.  I even lost Lacy Sunday night.  Looks like I will be playing Eli next week.  :)
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 07:25 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'll refrain from the personal attacks, but it's really telling when this is all the ammo you have.

[Image: headdesk.jpg]

Really...saying that I believe you are trolling on a Brad like level is a personal attack now? Dude, you are slipping as bad as your team.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote