Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movies you found and liked on netflix....
(10-09-2015, 11:24 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: nice saw that one might check it out...  there are a lot of horror movies on their that might be worth watching.

Check out Contracted. That one is really messed up. Just think about a female and where you don't want maggots when making love, lol.

I would highly recommend the Dead Snow movies (part 2 is even better!).

Let the Right One In is a great one. Even non-horror fans would dig it. It is Swedish, same with Dead Snow, but it is really easy to read the subtitles without doing much work at all.

Teeth is awesome, but most fellers don't wanna watch that and when you know the premise.....you will understand why, lol.

Tucker and Dale vs Evil is really really good and hysterical. It makes fun of the backwoods/hillbilly stereotypes in horror movies. Trust me, you will laugh your ass off.

I hate found footage, or POV camera horror movies, but The Den was pretty messed up. I liked it a lot.

And of course, they have some classic ones too. Re-Animator is outstanding. It is so tongue in cheek.

The Seasoning House is another great foreign horror film. It is also a revenge film.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2015, 10:18 AM)xxlt Wrote: Yes it is. There is also one called "The Wrecking Crew." The Wrecking Crew were similar to The Swampers in Muscle Shoals, but there were many more of them and not always the same people, but they did a TON of studio work out in California.

Will check it out...
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2015, 08:48 PM)CharvelPlaya Wrote:  

Tucker and Dale vs Evil is really really good and hysterical. It makes fun of the backwoods/hillbilly stereotypes in horror movies. Trust me, you will laugh your ass off.

Dead Snow 2 is awesome.

If you like T&DvsE, try Cottage Country.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 11:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I was thinkin about watching that, thanks. Sometimes you have to hear from someone's opinion you respect.

Robin Williams was a great actor man, sad what happened. Hook is one of my fave's of all time and i can say many others of Robin's.

Robin Williams was really underrated in most of his dramatic roles. Glad he got some some love for his role in "Good Will Hunting". His dialogue with Matt Damon's character on the park bench was awesome ("...Sport...")

(10-07-2015, 11:32 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Netflix still randomly suggests bullshit to me.  For some reason, I almost always watch it, and almost always hate it. 

I know what you mean. They email me suggestions saying something like "We've added a title you'll love!!!". And it turns out to be crap. More and more, their email suggestions are turning out to be movies I know I will hate.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 03:51 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Will check it out...

Pretty sure you will enjoy it. The older woman who played bass is pretty funny, and it is just an interesting flick.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like the Bengal boards after a win over Chicago.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2015, 08:48 PM)CharvelPlaya Wrote: Check out Contracted. That one is really messed up. Just think about a female and where you don't want maggots when making love, lol.

Let the Right One In is a great one. Even non-horror fans would dig it. It is Swedish, same with Dead Snow, but it is really easy to read the subtitles without doing much work at all.

Teeth is awesome, but most fellers don't wanna watch that and when you know the premise.....you will understand why, lol.

I hate found footage, or POV camera horror movies, but The Den was pretty messed up. I liked it a lot.

And of course, they have some classic ones too. Re-Animator is outstanding. It is so tongue in cheek.

The Seasoning House is another great foreign horror film. It is also a revenge film.

The Devil's Pass was pretty good. It is like a modern play on Dvatlov pass where these Russians actually
all got killed back in like the 60's and noone knew what the hell happened to them. The Devil's Pass is
about Americans though. Crazy ending.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2015, 08:48 PM)CharvelPlaya Wrote: Check out Contracted. That one is really messed up. Just think about a female and where you don't want maggots when making love, lol.

Teeth is a true horror story lol
Reply/Quote
Just saw three really good movies:

"Jack Strong" - This is based upon the true story of Polish Army officer who provided detailed Soviet secrets to the U.S. in the late seventies and early eighties. The story is exciting, the acting is engaging, and they did really well capturing the period details. I give it five stars.

"The Gunman" - An action/suspense movie about a black ops mercenary. I'm not so much into action movies. But, as they go, this one was pretty good. For some reason, Netflix only rated this at two stars. I suspect it is because it has Sean Penn and a lot of people don't like his politics. I don't necessarily agree with all of his politics either, but he is a damn good actor. And for being in his fifties, the dude put on some serious muscles and did some bad-azz fight scenes for this film. I give it four stars.

"Boy Wonder" - This is a suspense movie about a boy who dedicates his life to becoming a vigilante after he sees his mother murdered. While it sounds like another "Deathwish"-type movie, it is not. It is dark and serious and deals more with psychological aspects of having a family member murdered. I give it five stars. Worth watching twice.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 01:20 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Just saw three really good movies:

"Jack Strong" - This is based upon the true story of Polish Army officer who provided detailed Soviet secrets to the U.S. in the late seventies and early eighties. The story is exciting, the acting is engaging, and they did really well capturing the period details. I give it five stars.

"The Gunman" - An action/suspense movie about a black ops mercenary. I'm not so much into action movies. But, as they go, this one was pretty good. For some reason, Netflix only rated this at two stars. I suspect it is because it has Sean Penn and a lot of people don't like his politics. I don't necessarily agree with all of his politics either, but he is a damn good actor. And for being in his fifties, the dude put on some serious muscles and did some bad-azz fight scenes for this film. I give it four stars.

"Boy Wonder" - This is a suspense movie about a boy who dedicates his life to becoming a vigilante after he sees his mother murdered. While it sounds like another "Deathwish"-type movie, it is not. It is dark and serious and deals more with psychological aspects of having a family member murdered. I give it five stars. Worth watching twice.

People who don't like Sean Penn because of his politics, are shallow beings. He is a great actor. Man, I never agree with Ted Nugent, but I still love the shit out of his playing. If Sarah Palin was working at a tittie bar, I'd go watch her. LOL
Reply/Quote
I just checked out Curse of Chucky, it's the most recent Child's Play. From my understanding it was direct to DVD, it's actually pretty decent. It has a good balance of horror and comedy as opposed to the other "newer" ones that were more comedy than anything.

Reply/Quote
Don't know i9f it is on Netflix but anyone who likes Robin Williams should see "The Fisher King".
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 07:39 PM)CharvelPlaya Wrote: People who don't like Sean Penn because of his politics, are shallow beings. He is a great actor. Man, I never agree with Ted Nugent, but I still love the shit out of his playing. If Sarah Palin was working at a tittie bar, I'd go watch her. LOL

I saw Ted as an opening act for Kiss about 12 years ago. He puts on a great show. Very entertaining. He shoots a flaming arrow acorss the stage! Don't like his politics, but I would still go to see his show.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 05:12 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Don't know i9f it is on Netflix but anyone who likes Robin Williams should see "The Fisher King".

"Fisher King" is awesome! Just re-saw that a couple of months ago.
Reply/Quote
Nebraska

Into the White
Reply/Quote
I just watched "Europa Report" last night it was pretty good. about a crew of six that take a mission to jupiters moon to drill under the ice and look for like. Kinda in the realm of the last days on mars and apollo 18 Id say if you like a good sci fi movie this will do. Its not action packed and the way the broke it up is set up as your just watching the cameras built in on the ship.

Quote:When unmanned probes suggest that a hidden ocean and single-celled life exists on one of Jupiter's moons, six astronauts embark on an ill-fated exploratory mission.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 01:20 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Just saw three really good movies:

Thank you Zona. Rock On
Reply/Quote
This movie is really good... if you havent seen it

"The Hunted"

"The Hunted" is a suspense thriller about a tracker, Bonham (Tommy Lee Jones), who teams up with FBI agent Abby Durrell (Connie Nielsen) to hunt down a trained assassin Hallam (Benicio Del Toro). With precision and skill, the predator remains one step ahead, and escapes into the city.
Reply/Quote
We just watched Lawless with Tom Hardy, Shia Lebuif and Jessica Chastain. It's about bootlegging in West Virginia back during the Prohibition. I thought it was a very good movie. I gave it two thumbs up.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
"Stonehurst Asylum"
I dont remember this one at theaters or if it was popular when it came out, but actually has a pretty solid cast : Kate Beckinsdale, Ben Kingsley, and Michael Caine.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote