Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movies you'll see over and over again
(02-16-2016, 05:40 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: (Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, J&SB Strike Back, Clerks II, and two more to come).

I don't know how I forgot Clerks. ThumbsUp

That and Spinal Tap are one of my favorite all-timers.

The others, I've watched at least twice...  but the first Clerks I've seen over and over.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2016, 05:40 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, lot of mine have been mentioned already:

Harry Potter Series
Hobbit trilogy
LOTR trilogy
Star Wars (any and all)
MCU movies (except Hulk, forget that noise)
Serenity
A number of Christmas movies that I ritually watch each year

And for the ones not mentioned, View Askewniverse films (Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, J&SB Strike Back, Clerks II, and two more to come).

It's funny, I outgrew a lot of my favorite movies from my younger years. Beerfest, Van Wilder, stuff like that used to be high on my list, but I can't watch them anymore.

So, you're a bit of a Kevin Smith fan, apparently.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2016, 08:13 PM)McC Wrote: So, you're a bit of a Kevin Smith fan, apparently.

Indeed. While I own and enjoyed all of his movies (except Cop Out, that was trash) it is primarily his View Askewniverse movies I am a fan of and could watch any time. Jersey Girl, Zack and Miri, they are good, but they aren't the same feel.
Reply/Quote
Waiting
Reply/Quote
Super Troopers has been mentioned before hasn't it? 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2016, 05:34 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Super Troopers has been mentioned before hasn't it? 

It might have but I haven't seen it.  The Broken Lizard guys, right?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2016, 07:50 PM)McC Wrote: It might have but I haven't seen it.  The Broken Lizard guys, right?

Yup.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2016, 02:10 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: The build up for that movie is so good. Kinda fell flat for me in the end, but overall it was one of the better more unique horror movies. 

Yeah, but that footage of the crew on the ship's film archive.....YIKES!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2016, 02:10 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: The build up for that movie is so good. Kinda fell flat for me in the end, but overall it was one of the better more unique horror movies. 

yes they kinda left it a little open ended for a potential sequal thats never gonna happen..

Another good syfy movie i wish they would get back too was district 9... while it has some slow parts the action sequence at the end was amazing.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2016, 05:40 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, lot of mine have been mentioned already:

Harry Potter Series
Hobbit trilogy
LOTR trilogy
Star Wars (any and all)
MCU movies (except Hulk, forget that noise)
Serenity
A number of Christmas movies that I ritually watch each year

And for the ones not mentioned, View Askewniverse films (Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, J&SB Strike Back, Clerks II, and two more to come).

It's funny, I outgrew a lot of my favorite movies from my younger years. Beerfest, Van Wilder, stuff like that used to be high on my list, but I can't watch them anymore.

Strange Brew.  I'm afraid to ever see it again and find out how truly awful it may be.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Some nights I like to have a little smoke, a scotch or three, and throw in a couple Malcolm McDowell movies.  I'll start off with Aces High then move to Caligula and then finish off the night with A Clockwork Orange.   That's a fun little trip. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 01:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yes they kinda left it a little open ended for a potential sequal thats never gonna happen..

Another good syfy movie i wish they would get back too was district 9...  while it has some slow parts the action sequence at the end was amazing.

I agree.  That was a very good move.

I thought they were going to do a follow up to it.  Perhaps they could even do a prequel.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2016, 10:25 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I agree.  That was a very good move.

I thought they were going to do a follow up to it.  Perhaps they could even do a prequel.

well that alien said he be back in 3 years its been like 5 never trust an alien.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2016, 05:34 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Super Troopers has been mentioned before hasn't it? 

One of my favorites. I actually gave to their Indiegogo campaign a year or two ago to get the sequel going. (You're all welcome). Supposedly they started filming late last year.
Reply/Quote
Brokeback mountain
Reply/Quote
Adding Monty Python and the Holy Grail.......... ive probly watched this 2000 times
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2016, 12:36 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Adding Monty Python and the Holy Grail..........  ive probly watched this 2000 times
Absolutely.  I've known people who could quote it word for word.

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2016, 12:38 PM)McC Wrote: Absolutely.  I've known people who could quote it word for word.

i can most scenes im sure im off here or there but its one of 2 blue ray movies i own
Reply/Quote
boondock saints
The town
Law abiding citizen
Home alone (don't judge me)
Uncle buck
Step brothers
The interview

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 07:52 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: boondock saints
The town
Law abiding citizen
Home alone (don't judge me)
Uncle buck
Step brothers
The interview

I was just talking to several people about this movie recently.

I really liked it, until the end...

[Image: th?id=OIP.M10ee0b7f4b1eab47e22517950d180...=227&h=152]
Reply/Quote