Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movies you'll see over and over again
the fugitive and U.S. Marshals also need to be added.

Maybe enemy of the state too.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2016, 12:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: the fugitive and U.S. Marshals also need to be added.

Maybe enemy of the state too.

Enemy of the State is a great flick.

I've seen that one a bunch of times as well as The Fugitive.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2016, 11:57 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Holy shit I can't believe no one has said The Princess Bride or Holy Grail.

Two of the most quotable comedies out there.

The Rock I've seen a bunch of times.  Probably the best Cage movie besides Raising Arizona.

You keep using that word.  I do not think it means what you think it means.

So yeah... Princess Bride

I will add Boondock Saints - "Is that right, Rambo."

I like some anime - Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Blue Seed - more of a series but the whole series is pretty good.

Labyrinth - Jennifer Connelly became a permanent crush from that point on.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2016, 08:18 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Forest Gump
Shawshank
Tombstone
Big Lebowski
Oh Brother Where Art Thou?

Second on all these. 
I might add 
lord of war
The gift 
American gangster 
Rocker
Murder in the first. 
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
Just saw a trailer for the Blu Ray of it and had totally forgot about the masterpiece that is Dead Alive. Sadly the cheapest copy is $80 on amazon.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Unforgiven - THE best western ever
The Shootist - Second best
Saving Ryan's Privates - THE best WWII movie ever
Pulp Fiction
The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings movies
The Harry Potter movies
The original Rocky movie
The original Terminator movie
The Conan movies
The Star Trek movies
Anything Monty Python
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 07:59 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Unforgiven - THE best western ever
The Shootist - Second best
Saving Ryan's Privates - THE best WWII movie ever
Pulp Fiction
The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings movies
The Harry Potter movies
The original Rocky movie
The original Terminator movie
The Conan movies
The Star Trek movies
Anything Monty Python

I will forever be baffled by the love for this movie. 
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Shawshank Redemption, Remember the Titans, Pulp Fiction are a few.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 09:10 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I will forever be baffled by the love for this movie. 

its a pretty good drama... not a ton of action but good acting and good drama.

I like it but prefer the cheesier Spaghetti westerns like good bad and the ugly. (that song never leaves you....)
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 09:10 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I will forever be baffled by the love for this movie. 

It's in the top 5 for me, but after Pale Rider, Outlaw Josie Wales, No Country for Old Men and Tombstone. The Proposition is also pretty close. Hard to knock any of them.

Watched Bladerunner again this weekend and made me think about this thread. I can't decide which one I've watched the most: Bladerunner, Alien, Aliens, Airplane!, Super Troopers or Brotherhood of the Wolf. Every time I watch one of them, I take something a new way.
Reply/Quote

It's a great movie unless you're not really into the human/emotional angle.

Ruthless killer meets woman who changes him, has kids, she dies, he tries to stay straight and narrow for the kids and her memory, gets pulled into something bad because he really needs the money, realizes he's not a young man anymore and gets sick and almost dies, has his best friend get murdered in the process and he ends up turning back into the ruthless killer he once was. All the while he's fighting with what's right and wrong.

That bar scene at the end is one of the best movie scenes of all time. 

Super great movie.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

It is a grittier, more realistic version of the old west that turns a lot of the cowboy myths on their heels. Guns misfire. Pimping is a recognized and legitimate business. The 'hero' has trouble mounting his own horse. Of course, how much of a hero can he be with quotes like, "And don't cut up no more whores or I'll come back and kill you all!" or "You sure killed the hell out of him." The violence is ugly, the way violence is in real life. The motivations are simple and straight forward. Characters struggle with guilt and shame. This isn't Roy Rogers shooting the bad guy and riding off into the sunset on Trigger happily singing with Dale Evans. This is the opposite of that. This is a widower anti-hero falling off the alcoholic and sociopathic wagons and killing for *****'s money and vengeance to better his family's economic situation.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 01:37 PM)Benton Wrote: It's in the top 5 for me, but after Pale Rider, Outlaw Josie Wales, No Country for Old Men and Tombstone. The Proposition is also pretty close. Hard to knock any of them.

Watched Bladerunner again this weekend and made me think about this thread. I can't decide which one I've watched the most: Bladerunner, Alien, Aliens, Airplane!, Super Troopers or Brotherhood of the Wolf. Every time I watch one of them, I take something a new way.

Dude all Great Movies Brotherhood of the wolf i think is super underrated.

Blade runner is simply a great story. i like ridley scotts work.

I know my most watched is aliens. but thats cause i left it playing on repeat in my room for a year or so lol...
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 02:03 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: It is a grittier, more realistic version of the old west that turns a lot of the cowboy myths on their heels. Guns misfire. Pimping is a recognized and legitimate business. The 'hero' has trouble mounting his own horse. Of course, how much of a hero can he be with quotes like, "And don't cut up no more whores or I'll come back and kill you all!" or "You sure killed the hell out of him." The violence is ugly, the way violence is in real life. The motivations are simple and straight forward. Characters struggle with guilt and shame. This isn't Roy Rogers shooting the bad guy and riding off into the sunset on Trigger happily singing with Dale Evans. This is the opposite of that. This is a widower anti-hero falling off the alcoholic and sociopathic wagons and killing for *****'s money and vengeance to better his family's economic situation.

That's the big part of it. And for anyone old enough to know somebody who had a rough (criminal) younger life, they probably see some similarities. A lot of times the tough guy isn't really the quickest draw or the toughest, he's just someone drunk and dumb and very lucky. Unforgiven does a good job of showing that those people many times change their ways once they get a chance (farm, wife, kids).

(03-22-2016, 02:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Dude all Great Movies   Brotherhood of the wolf i think is super underrated.

Blade runner is simply a great story. i like ridley scotts work.

I know my most watched is aliens.  but thats cause i left it playing on repeat in my room for a year or so lol...

I always thought there was a lot more they could do with that world. Was glad to hear they're planning a sequel, but it's sounding more like it's a remake with some nods to the first one.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 02:03 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: It is a grittier, more realistic version of the old west that turns a lot of the cowboy myths on their heels. Guns misfire. Pimping is a recognized and legitimate business. The 'hero' has trouble mounting his own horse. Of course, how much of a hero can he be with quotes like, "And don't cut up no more whores or I'll come back and kill you all!" or "You sure killed the hell out of him." The violence is ugly, the way violence is in real life. The motivations are simple and straight forward. Characters struggle with guilt and shame. This isn't Roy Rogers shooting the bad guy and riding off into the sunset on Trigger happily singing with Dale Evans. This is the opposite of that. This is a widower anti-hero falling off the alcoholic and sociopathic wagons and killing for *****'s money and vengeance to better his family's economic situation.

If you have to say more than, "Dude 'cause it's awesome" then your movie is too deep for me.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

The way I took "Unforgiven" is that if you call the devil, he will come.

That town had no clue what was coming. Well, "Little Bill" knew and he tried hard to keep the devil away but got caught up in the whole being bad ass thing.
Reply/Quote
Catch Me If You Can is a movie I have watched a few times and have yet to get tired of.......Dicaprio, Hanks, Walken, Sheen and a slick fast moving script from start to finish.

also I like Paint Your Wagon which I have seen often, but Clint Eastwood and Lee Marvin both in a musical singing is pretty wild, as is the whole story of wild west gold, drinking, sex, stealing and anything goes in the wild frontier.

Ronald Reagan as a slime ball crook in THE KILLERS with Lee Marvin as a hit man.....that's different and worth a few movie watches. A US President in a movie as a real scum ball crook, and Lee Marvin is great in this.

Coming To America is one I can watch again because of Eddie Murphy but also John Amos and James Earl Jones.  A movie where Murphy plays many characters....Amos is pretty funny in this also

Hard Times with Charles Bronson is a fast paced movie with good actors and boxing and more boxing. It's easy to watch.

I've probably watched Duck Soup and Horse Feathers too often, but I could watch Bananas, Where The Buffalo Roam, The Producers with Gene Wilder, and some other light easy to watch movies again.   I could watch Blast From The Past again, another weird but funny movie. Hope and Bing are funny in Road To Utopia, and a pretty funny ending. The Bank Dick is easy to watch......and maybe another musical bike ride with Easy Rider and Jacks gold football helmet.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2016, 02:31 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: The way I took "Unforgiven" is that if you call the devil, he will come.

That town had no clue what was coming. Well, "Little Bill" knew and he tried hard to keep the devil away but got caught up in the whole being bad ass thing.

Unforgiven is a lot of things.....There are no hero's in this.....The prostitutes are ugly, as in real life.....Little Bill the sheriff is wrong early on, and is a thug. ...He hates assassins, maybe because the President was just assassinated. ....English Bob is an assassin.  He is out numbered by Little Bill always having a bunch or deputies ......The kid has never shot anybody and can't see.....Ned decides he can't kill anymore.....Clint Eastwood character was tamed by his wife, but now she is dead. He hasn't drank in years, but in movie Ned talking reveals how ruthless a murderer he was younger on whiskey. ....but he ain't like that no more.......but sober he does assassinate one of the men that cut up the woman.  The kid assassinates the other man.   "  I ain't never killed a man before Will. "......." Well, you sure killed the heck out of that guy today ".......and then Ned who didn't kill anybody is tortured and killed and set up in front of the store.......So for the first time in years, Will drinks whiskey, and as years before, the anger and mean all comes back.  The whiskey always made him mean.  Little Bill has it coming, but as Will tells the kid, we all got it coming..........A movie a person needs to watch a few times to get most of the sub plots and hidden meanings. ..........Little Bill knew nothing, he was as bad as any of them. There are no heros, and they are all unforgiven. .....We have no real idea of what becomes of Will Money, only that relatives come to his wifes grave, wondering why she married such a terrible person, still unforgiven.......a western with no good guys and bad guys, no hero's
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Play it to the Bone - Boxing movie Woody Harrelson / Antonio Bandares..
Reply/Quote
Braveheart...so many I could make a list so long.
Reply/Quote