Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Much respect to Vontez
This guy was the leader and the heartbeat of our defense for a long time and we had a lot of success with him. He brought a ferocious attitude that we were missing. Dude came in undrafted and played lights out! up until this last season..

I understand why he was released and I know there's already a thread about it, but I just wanted to made an appreciation thread for this man. He was my favorite player and will surly be missed. I'll never forget the last playoff game against the Steelers. Burfict was having a MONSTER game. He picked off Big Ben and then ran the ball straight to the locker room! That was it I thought, I thought we finally won a playoff game... and then Jeremy Hill fumbled and we all know how that story ends... It's unfortunate that he had to start the last 3 seasons suspended, it's unfortunate that he (and the media) created such a negative reputation of him, and It's unfortunate that he's had so many concussions. And now I'm just bummed that my favorite player is gone.

Either way, I wish him the best in the future. I wish him good health and hope he succeeds with his new team if he continues to play football.
Reply/Quote
Meh good riddance.

It was time.

Reply/Quote
Let's see. He was undrafted because he couldn't control himself on the football field. Not because he was some obscure D2 guy that worked his way into a good NFL player. Then, in the Pro's he showed time and time again that he couldn't control himself.

He got several concussions from tackling with his head lowered.

Then, his lack of discipline (see above) helped to cost us a playoff win.

Yay!!! He was awesome! He hit hard and played dirty!
Reply/Quote
I wish him well in whatever's next.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
A steal as an undrafted free agent, and just what the defense needed at that time.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 07:41 PM)jj22 Wrote: A steal as an undrafted free agent, and just what the defense needed at that time.

Was it really a steal? He was suspended a lot. Atleast partially costed us a playoff win.

Other teams had the sense to stay away from him. We're not a team that does a good job of handling volatile players.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 07:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Let's see. He was undrafted because he couldn't control himself on the football field. Not because he was some obscure D2 guy that worked his way into a good NFL player. Then, in the Pro's he showed time and time again that he couldn't control himself.

What’s funny about this post is he had actually secured the win for us prior to helping lose it. He had the interception which pretty much sealed the game so long as Hill does not fumble. Hell Marvin could have kneeled 3 times and we likely still would have won.
Reply/Quote
Good god people. Let it go. That game was literally YEARS ago. I have a sneaking suspicion that this conversation is exactly what the OP wanted.

The dude was unreliable and a shell of his former self. He became fat, slow, unmotivated and bad at football.

So good job having a good season or two.

Bye!

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 07:49 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: What’s funny about this post is he had actually secured the win for us prior to helping lose it. He had the interception which pretty much sealed the game so long as Hill does not fumble. Hell Marvin could have kneeled 3 times and we likely still would have won.

He did seal the game. If Butterfingers just secures the ball, Vontaze never sees the field again in that game. He's likely not suspended to begin the 2016 season, and who knows what happens in the next round... He ran into the tunnel for a reason. For any NFL team not named the Bengals that b***h was over.

Hell if I remember correctly. His sack on Ben led to the short field that allowed the Bengals to score a TD. AJ McCarron certainly couldn't move the ball.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 08:00 PM)jason Wrote: He did seal the game. If Butterfingers just secures the ball, Vontaze never sees the field again in that game. He's likely not suspended to begin the 2016 season, and who knows what happens in the next round... He ran into the tunnel for a reason. For any NFL team not named the Bengals that b***h was over.

Hell if I remember correctly. His sack on Ben led to the short field that allowed the Bengals to score a TD. AJ McCarron certainly couldn't move the ball.

I've always said it was his best game as a Bengal, unfortunately overshadowed by one mistake...
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 07:49 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: What’s funny about this post is he had actually secured the win for us prior to helping lose it. He had the interception which pretty much sealed the game so long as Hill does not fumble. Hell Marvin could have kneeled 3 times and we likely still would have won.

This? how people forget so quickly or just refuse to want to acknowledge something out of pure hatred. Makes you wonder if its really football related? 
Reply/Quote
Vontaze by himself put the Bengals on his shoulders in that game in the 4th q.
he gave this defense a real identity the time he waa here.
he gave it his all here.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 07:41 PM)jj22 Wrote: A steal as an undrafted free agent, and just what the defense needed at that time.

Now if we could just target and actual get that production and fire out of a drafted LB who isn't a damn head case!

[Image: 200.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Well said OP, well said. We finally had someone to punch bullies back in the mouth, and he became the NFL's poster bad boy as a result. Some was his own making, some was a witch hunt. Thanks for the good times Tez, despite the bad stuff, there were some good memories.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Burfict took control of the game. Marvin lost control of it. The end.
Reply/Quote
Gonna miss him. Guess i will have to change my pic.

If he retires and wants to coach hopefully we are open to letting him start here.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 08:18 PM)Wyche Wrote: Well said OP, well said. We finally had someone to punch bullies back in the mouth, and he became the NFL's poster bad boy as a result. Some was his own making, some was a witch hunt.  Thanks for the good times Tez, despite the bad stuff, there were some good memories.

Right.

Punch those punks in the mouth and let them whine victim like little b*tches to the world.

Let's hope this new staff/regime gets some guys with fire and a brain in the future.

Not some soft "good guys" who just equate tackle numbers to being a true play-maker.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 07:54 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Good god people. Let it go. That game was literally YEARS ago. I have a sneaking suspicion that this conversation is exactly what the OP wanted.

The dude was unreliable and a shell of his former self. He became fat, slow, unmotivated and bad at football.

So good job having a good season or two.

Bye!

What you say may be true. But at the same time, Burfict was one of the guys you could easily count on one hand that actually balled out in the postseason. The other darlings, and core members of this team have largely been MIA.

I guess I just don't understand the vitriol that some direct at him. You can call him fat or lazy, but most of the team quit last year, and didn't do a great job of hiding it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 07:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Let's see. He was undrafted because he couldn't control himself on the football field. Not because he was some obscure D2 guy that worked his way into a good NFL player. Then, in the Pro's he showed time and time again that he couldn't control himself.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c9029b4424e766551c89710]

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c9029b4424e766551c89710]

[Image: vantaze-burfict-shaken-up-after-hitting-...gif?w=1000]

[Image: vontaze-burfict-knees-ben-roethlisburger...ng-him.gif]

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 08:23 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Right.

Punch those punks in the mouth and let them whine victim like little b*tches to the world.

Let's hope this new staff/regime gets some guys with fire and a brain in the future.

Not some soft "good guys" who just equate tackle numbers to being a true play-maker.

I'll buy that for a dollar!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote