Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW FORUM URL
(11-22-2015, 03:15 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Usually people just give neg rep when they get butthurt. Destroying the board is some next level butthurt.

And that's the point we tried so hard to convey, but ultimately it fell on deaf ears. It wouldn't just hurt me and the staff, it would hurt the entire community.

But, the situation is over now. We still have a great foundation under us (the community and the forums), and now we just have to continue building under the new url.
Reply/Quote
And before anyone asks, it's not too hard to figure out who it was. There's no real reason to continue to draw out the drama.

It's over. Time to move on.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 03:15 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Usually people just give neg rep when they get butthurt. Destroying the board is some next level butthurt.

No shit.....wow. Sounds like a petulant child....sheesh!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Not sure if this has been posted but I'm just trying to help.

This is the email I rec'd Thursday. As you can see, the links are all incorrect.

Can't help but wonder if this is how we lost so many members.

Whacked

The Bengals Board will be getting a new, permanent url. The new url should be in place and ready to use by no later than Saturday evening, 11-21-15. The new url will be http://www.thebengalsboard.com .

Until then, you can still log on at http://www.bengalsboard.icyboards.com .

Thanks,
TheBengalsBoard
Reply/Quote
Everyone can relax now that I'm here.

I went to talk some Bengals last week during work hours and lo and behold, I went to a blank page. I figured it was my work network and when I went home, I went to check and sure enough, it was still blank. I figured the site crashed because of trolls and butthurt Bengal fans upset over Cincy's first loss and figured the site would come back eventually.

Day after day, checking and nothing. Cry If it weren't for Se Ky apklpadkjf sending me a message on Go-Bengals about the new uRL, I'd still be trying to get my fix on that board (like nobody posts there).

But, I'm here and ready to talk with negative nancies in the Game Day thread. ThumbsUp

I didn't see anything as of today, but I think, if it hasn't happened already, I think someone should make a thread on Go-Bengals' site about the new URL.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 08:07 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Everyone can relax now that I'm here.

I went to talk some Bengals last week during work hours and lo and behold, I went to a blank page. I figured it was my work network and when I went home, I went to check and sure enough, it was still blank. I figured the site crashed because of trolls and butthurt Bengal fans upset over Cincy's first loss and figured the site would come back eventually.

Day after day, checking and nothing. Cry If it weren't for Se Ky apklpadkjf sending me a message on Go-Bengals about the new uRL, I'd still be trying to get my fix on that board (like nobody posts there).

But, I'm here and ready to talk with negative nancies in the Game Day thread. ThumbsUp

I didn't see anything as of today, but I think, if it hasn't happened already, I think someone should make a thread on Go-Bengals' site about the new URL.
I just registered on the go-bengals site this afternoon thinking this one was gone for good. I just saw someone had retweeted the new address about an hour ago and was thrilled.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 07:47 PM)Whacked Wrote: Not sure if this has been posted but I'm just trying to help.

This is the email I rec'd Thursday.  As you can see, the links are all incorrect.

Can't help but wonder if this is how we lost so many members.

Whacked

The Bengals Board will be getting a new, permanent url. The new url should be in place and ready to use by no later than Saturday evening, 11-21-15. The new url will be http://www.thebengalsboard.com .

Until then, you can still log on at http://www.bengalsboard.icyboards.com .

Thanks,
TheBengalsBoard

I believe two more emails have went out since then, as well as updates on Twitter and Facebook. The 'thebengalsboard.com' link in the email is correct, and the only one that matters now.

The Icyboards link was only temporary until we got the new, permanent url.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 08:07 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I didn't see anything as of today, but I think, if it hasn't happened already, I think someone should make a thread on Go-Bengals' site about the new URL.

I registered over there so I could update everyone and share the new url for any of our members that are also on that site, but my account hasn't been activated yet. For anyone who is registered there, maybe give an update on the new url. As soon as I'm activated, I'll be doing that as well.
Reply/Quote
Glad I found it Wink
Hope all other can too :)
Reply/Quote
Luckily there was a post on bengalszone or I would have never found my way home. I missed everyone #heart <3
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I got three emails throughout last week from Bengalholic giving me access the link to the active domain. All you guys were locked out with no idea what happened, but at least he kept the VIPs here in the loop.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 03:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yes. Definitely a ***** move. Glad the drama is now all in the rear-view and we can go forward with no problems. 
Amen.

And thanks again to everyone for riding things out. 
Reply/Quote
Cool to see the community hurdle obstacle after obstacle just so we can all talk about football. We ride on! Rock On
Reply/Quote
I, like a lot of people, was confused when clicking on my bookmark for the forums didn't work.

I thought to myself, "I remember on the old forums at bengals.com, after a loss or a major story, the traffic would overwhelm the forums and knock them off line. That's probably what happened after our first loss of the year."

But then, as time went on, the forum never came back and I was beginning to worry. I started messing with my internet connection properties, flushing the DNS, releasing and renewing my IP etc etc. Nothing worked and I began thinking the forums closed.

I tried to google bengalholic on twitter, but couldn't find anything. I didn't realize there was a twitter or facebook site for this message board and had no outside contact with other members of this message board.

Finally, after a week, I went to another bengals forum and asked if anyone had any information about these forums.

It felt shitty, asking another forum if they knew anything about this forum but, luckily, someone did follow you guys on twitter and linked me to the new website.

I am very happy that the forums still exist and I'm also very happy that my internet wasn't the problem, as it so often is.

I know everyone on the forums is in a pretty bad mood with the two recent losses but, take it from me, it would be even worse if you weren't able to vent about it on the forums!

Thank you for maintaining these forums and keeping this community together. I'm glad things worked out, despite your third party friend taking his ball and going home.

Who dey!
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 09:54 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I am very happy that the forums still exist and I'm also very happy that my internet wasn't the problem, as it so often is.

I know everyone on the forums is in a pretty bad mood with the two recent losses but, take it from me, it would be even worse if you weren't able to vent about it on the forums!

Thank you for maintaining these forums and keeping this community together. I'm glad things worked out, despite your third party friend taking his ball and going home.

Who dey!

Rep!!! I too was concerned after couple days. Luckily it was time for my monthly e-mail check  LMAOGlad we have a permanent home now. Kudos to Bengalholic and all the admins,for giving us once again the best forum on the Internet.   Rock On
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 08:27 PM)eagleshreck Wrote: I just registered on the go-bengals site this afternoon thinking this one was gone for good. I just saw someone had retweeted the new address about an hour ago and was thrilled.

Glad you made it back. I've been checking in at Bengal go boards looking at th recently here, if I recognize a name hit up with pm. We need our guys and gals back. Their board is not near as active as we are. WHO DEY Rock On

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 08:41 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I believe two more emails have went out since then, as well as updates on Twitter and Facebook. The 'thebengalsboard.com' link in the email is correct, and the only one that matters now.

The Icyboards link was only temporary until we got the new, permanent url.

I've been sharing the addy on Fb. Build it and they will come! Cool

Reply/Quote
So very glad to be home again, Thanks to all who worked to make it possible !
Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 04:55 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: So very glad to be home again, Thanks to all who worked to make it possible !
Who Dey

Glad you found your way back. Looks like traffic is picking up.   Rock On

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 03:21 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: I've been sharing the addy on Fb. Build it and they will come! Cool

Thanks for the help brother. I posted at BengalsJungle and GoBengals, to let any members who may be on those boards know that we are back up.
Reply/Quote