Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Cutdown Targets for Bengals
there will be more cuts from teams like the Titans and Cowboys who have players in the COVID protocol since those players don't count towards the 53

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 06:08 PM)Synric Wrote: Roche never took a snap with Gregory Rousseau.

And that makes a difference how?
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 06:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well yeah, he isn't Phillips or Rouseau that is for damn sure but he might be a good depth piece behind Hodge.

Hodge looks like the real deal.

Hodge deserves a chance. He's earned his way onto this roster imo. We'll see what comes of it now. 
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 06:33 PM)tms Wrote: And that makes a difference how?

Because you said Jaelen Phillips and Gregory Rousseau were the reason Roche played well. He never played with Rousseau and only one season with Jaelen Phillips. Roche destroyed lesser competition in the AAC when he was at Temple before transferring to Miami where he put up 14.5 TFL 4.5 sacks and 3 Forced Fumbles. He did that as the weak side edge vs usually teams best Offensive Linemen at Left Tackle. Roche was a standout at the Senior Bowl being nearly unblockable including multiple wins against Raiders 1st round pick Alex Leatherwood. 

He is stiff in his hips/lower half (like Carl Lawson) and you arent going to see bend the edge like top pass rushers but he has a good first step and excellent hands that allow him to shed blockers to make plays in the backfield.

PS: Quincy Roche is a very similar to Bengals 4th round pick Cameron Sample though Sample is heavier and longer. Those traits the are biggest reason Roche slid to the 6th.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Desmond Trufant just became available. Seems like he could be a good pickup for some CB help. I think he struggled last year but was a good corner the 6 years prior.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 06:59 PM)TheFan Wrote: Desmond Trufant just became available. Seems like he could be a good pickup for some CB help. I think he struggled last year but was a good corner the 6 years prior.

Might be an upgrade over Apple.
Reply/Quote
Bobby Hart cut, we could use line help Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 07:14 PM)Trademark Wrote: Bobby Hart cut, we could use line help Ninja

Goodness, imagine the positive vibes that would precipitate on these boards w a Hart reunion. Lol.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 07:48 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: Goodness, imagine the positive vibes that would precipitate on these boards w a Hart reunion.  Lol.

In all seriousness, Hart was just overpaid and shouldn't be a starter. He wouldn't be a bad depth piece as much as someone 
might hate me for saying it. He is a good run blocker.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 07:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: In all seriousness, Hart was just overpaid and shouldn't be a starter. He wouldn't be a bad depth piece as much as someone 
might hate me for saying it. He is a good run blocker.

Exactly, Hart has his faults, but the guy is durable and a powerful run blocker.  I'd much rather have him backing up Reiff than Fred Johnson.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 08:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Exactly, Hart has his faults, but the guy is durable and a powerful run blocker.  I'd much rather have him backing up Reiff than Fred Johnson.

Hart's first two seasons in Cincy he was bottom of the league as a run blocker. He was better in 2020 but more average at best and that came in the very simple tight/inside/duo run game. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 08:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Exactly, Hart has his faults, but the guy is durable and a powerful run blocker.  I'd much rather have him backing up Reiff than Fred Johnson.

Same here. Fred Johnson was a walking penalty against the Phins.
Reply/Quote

https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/status/1432396854784897036?s=19

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 07:48 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: Goodness, imagine the positive vibes that would precipitate on these boards w a Hart reunion. Lol.

Duke, don’t you dare.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 09:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Duke, don’t you dare.

So what if they cut Burrow and brought in Hart as the new starting QB?
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 08:05 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/status/1432396854784897036?s=19

What were you trying to show me?  I click on that link, but nothing is there.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 09:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What were you trying to show me?  I click on that link, but nothing is there.

Link worked fine for me. It’s Fred rag dolling one of the Dolphins.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 09:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Links works fine for me. It’s Fred rag dolling one of the Dolphins.

Oh please, if he can't steamroll a Safety lined head up on him, then he never would have made it past middle school..   Mellow

Show me a clip of Fred rolling a man of significance, and I'll change my tune.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 09:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Oh please, if he can't steamroll a Safety lined head up on him, then he never would have made it past middle school..   Mellow

Show me a clip of Fred rolling a man of significance, and I'll change my tune.

That was just one of the plays. The other (more impressive) clip was against a LB.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 09:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That was just one of the plays. The other (more impressive) clip was against a LB.

That's good news, because it he can roll a dude like Malik Harrison, then I've got Fred Johnson all wrong thus far.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote