Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Cutdown Targets for Bengals
(08-31-2021, 09:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's good news, because it he can roll a dude like Malik Harrison, then I've got Fred Johnson all wrong thus far.

Yeah, he should do that to a Safety and not to mention all his penalties he had against the Phins. Another Redmond out there.

Need to really clean this up. If I have a main concern with the OL this Preseason it is the penalties.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 06:59 PM)TheFan Wrote: Desmond Trufant just became available. Seems like he could be a good pickup for some CB help. I think he struggled last year but was a good corner the 6 years prior.

He's only played 15 games in the last 2 years in not sure if it was injury or benching, gonna guess injury, but if I remember right he was at least very solid for Atlanta 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Everson Griffen was released. Not sure if he's any good anymore but a vet DE that might be useful in a rotation.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 06:52 PM)Synric Wrote: Because you said Jaelen Phillips and Gregory Rousseau were the reason Roche played well. He never played with Rousseau and only one season with Jaelen Phillips.

Wtf does this have to do with anything??? I said?!?! I said what?!?! I said they were TEAMMATES. You took off on your own from there, presumably to argue with the voice in your head and/or people you've argued with before. That has nothing to do with me.

It makes me nauseous to see posts like this. Reminds of why I hate online boards. The know-it-alls shoving words in people's mouths and picking fights to address their pre-existing complexes. F ridiculous. My sympathies to you for falling for Roche's hype cloud around draft time and for now being surprised that he got cut, while Phillips and Rousseau are sitting pretty in Miami and Buffalo. Good luck next time. 
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 03:38 PM)Synric Wrote: Bears waived rookie WR Dazz Newsome out of North Carolina.

He missed OTAs and a portion of Preseason with a collarbone injury, probably would have made the 53 if he'd been healthy and gotten enough reps.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 12:15 AM)tms Wrote: Wtf does this have to do with anything??? I said?!?! I said what?!?! I said they were TEAMMATES. You took off on your own from there, presumably to argue with the voice in your head and/or people you've argued with before. That has nothing to do with me.

It makes me nauseous to see posts like this. Reminds of why I hate online boards. The know-it-alls shoving words in people's mouths and picking fights to address their pre-existing complexes. F ridiculous. My sympathies to you for falling for Roche's hype cloud around draft time and for now being surprised that he got cut, while Phillips and Rousseau are sitting pretty in Miami and Buffalo. Good luck next time. 

[Image: 1*MIcK6DRrlt3mE4J8NPmvLw.jpeg]

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 12:15 AM)tms Wrote: Wtf does this have to do with anything??? I said?!?! I said what?!?! I said they were TEAMMATES. You took off on your own from there, presumably to argue with the voice in your head and/or people you've argued with before. That has nothing to do with me.

This is a message board for discussing football players. I was discussing Quincy Roche as a draft prospect for why he was a solid player and why he was drafted late the good and bad. But as you say he was cut like alot of other players we were discussing in this thread. 

I was not "picking a fight" just talking football. As for why you posted this which I ignored as someone trying to blow off some steam deleted and reposted again hours later I dont know.... If youre hungry try a Snickers.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Not a target but Alex Erickson was cut by the Texans.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 03:35 PM)jj22 Wrote: Not a target but Alex Erickson was cut by the Texans.

Lot of good WRs getting cut jeez. How the hell do you stand out at that position if your an end of the bench guy? You damn near wanna catch every ball in camp just so a coach remembers your name
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Mike Thomas released and Trenton Irwin waived with addition of the DE and CB from waivers. That now takes the Bengals down to just 5 WRs.
Very unlikely they stay at 5 WRs, so I would expect 1-2 more WR(s) picked up prior to season's start.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
No Stephon Tuitt for week 3.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
David Moore was cut by the Panthers. Was the WR3 in Seattle and has PR/KR experience.

Reply/Quote
Surprised we haven't picked up one of those WR's, love our PS though. Kept Irwin, Bachie, Moss and Henderson...

Still want Dazz.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 09:01 AM)Synric Wrote: This is a message board for discussing football players. I was discussing Quincy Roche as a draft prospect for why he was a solid player and why he was drafted late the good and bad. But as you say he was cut like alot of other players we were discussing in this thread. 

I was not "picking a fight" just talking football. As for why you posted this which I ignored as someone trying to blow off some steam deleted and reposted again hours later I dont know.... If youre hungry try a Snickers.

You need to apologize for putting words in my mouth, pal. "Because you said they were the reason he played well." Wheretf did I say that? They were the reason he played well?!?! It was a benign comment about the fact they were teammates. Pundits grouping them together under The U umbrella, as if all Cane edge rushers are one and the same. Which led countless mocks to shoehorn the poor kid btwn 75 and 100, where he had no business being, and he's paid the price for it ever since. Clearly left a mark on you seeing as you swallowed it hook, line and sinker, stubbornly defending yourself four months later against someone who hadn’t even taking a side.

Rousseau and Phillips are lonnng, they have 3-4 inches on Roche, fast-twitch, explosive, classic NFL body types. Their instincts are more polished. They're not one-dimensional, predictable, head-down try-hards. Their skillsets have more meat on the bone, and there's no comparison between their athletic abilities: Rousseau RAS 7.75, Phillips 9.9 and Roche 6.4 = by definition average. In fact, his height/weight are in the category of "Very Poor". Maybe I was too generous by saying average; maybe less than average would have been more accurate.

Either way, I'm wasting my time here. You can say whatever you want, as can i. One thing you CANNOT do is blame me for something I didn't even say. Twist words with your nose pointed at the sky, "You said this" "You said that"—Monty Python-esque---- you ain't having that one on me. Play with hot water you're gonna get burnt.

I have nothing against Roche and wish him well.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 06:47 PM)tms Wrote: You need to apologize for putting words in my mouth, pal. "Because you said they were the reason he played well." Wheretf did I say that? They were the reason he played well?!?! It was a benign comment about the fact they were teammates. Pundits grouping them together under The U umbrella, as if all Cane edge rushers are one and the same. Which led countless mocks to shoehorn the poor kid btwn 75 and 100, where he had no business being, and he's paid the price for it ever since. Clearly left a mark on you seeing as you swallowed it hook, line and sinker, stubbornly defending yourself four months later against someone who hadn’t even taking a side.

Rousseau and Phillips are lonnng, they have 3-4 inches on Roche, fast-twitch, explosive, classic NFL body types. Their instincts are more polished. They're not one-dimensional, predictable, head-down try-hards. Their skillsets have more meat on the bone, and there's no comparison between their athletic abilities: Rousseau RAS 7.75, Phillips 9.9 and Roche 6.4 = by definition average. In fact, his height/weight are in the category of "Very Poor". Maybe I was too generous by saying average; maybe less than average would have been more accurate.

Either way, I'm wasting my time here. You can say whatever you want, as can i. One thing you CANNOT do is blame me for something I didn't even say. Twist words with your nose pointed at the sky, "You said this" "You said that"—Monty Python-esque---- you ain't having that one on me. Play with hot water you're gonna get burnt.

I have nothing against Roche and wish him well.

[Image: R.86e645e51475fd9ccb57e6b52a08521f?rik=C...ImgRaw&r=0]

YEAH!!! APOLOGIZE!!!
Reply/Quote