Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-22-2024, 11:32 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Don’t be surprised if we sign a CB now… first report of an offer being made.

Whos left @ CB?
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 11:48 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Whos left @ CB?

Xavier Howard, Stephon Gilmore, adore Jackson, Patrick Peterson to name a few

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 11:40 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Really don’t know what that says about Dax Hill.

its says he is slowly entering the " 1st round bust zone" 
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 11:40 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Really don’t know what that says about Dax Hill.

It says more about them wanting to win a ring than the old way of feeling forced to play a lesser player because what they invested into him.  We are a great destination for ring chasers and half of the top remaining vets are all corners that would be insurance if Turner doesn't progress the way they want, or just for quality depth in general. 

I think we heard them say they want to see Dax at corner and assume he is the competition, but he may just be a jack of all trades or they could stick him specifically on TE like they did Flowers.  Either way, there is still hope for him and he does have a clear path to replace Hilton in a year or move around. He can earn a starting job, but they don't need him, that's how good they are. 
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 12:18 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Xavier Howard, Stephon Gilmore, adore Jackson, Patrick Peterson to name a few

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last I heard Rock Ya Sin, Fulton and Eli Apple as well...
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 01:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Last I heard Rock Ya Sin, Fulton and Eli Apple as well...

Fulton signed with the Chargers.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 01:36 PM)jason Wrote: Fulton signed with the Chargers.

Cool bud, liked him the least anyways as far as a player, he was just young, but he wasn't good last year.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 01:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Last I heard Rock Ya Sin, Fulton and Eli Apple as well...

we could do worse than apple.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 01:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Last I heard Rock Ya Sin, Fulton and Eli Apple as well...

Tre white.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 02:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: we could do worse than apple.

For sure.

(03-22-2024, 03:13 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Tre white.

If he can stay healthy, Tredavious White and Stephon Gilmore are about the best.
Reply/Quote
I would THINK it's a "cover all bases just in case" type of move, rather than an indictment on Dax. Plus we could use another vet corner to push the CBs at the bottom of the depth chart either up the totem pole or off the roster.
Reply/Quote
With Bell back in the fold, I wouldn't be against an Eli Apple reunion. Quality depth, knows Lou's schemes, perfect CB4-6 if he comes cheap.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't mind getting CJ back at vet minimum just for his blocking, and knowledge of the Offense. Either he or Hudson can then go to the practice squad if we draft a TE.

Unpopular opinion. I wouldn't mind Wilcox back either. I feel like he's underrated, but get why since he really hasn't gotten much love but has done what he can when given the chances. And he has played a decent amount of snaps in the offense and post season.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 09:28 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: He is a Steelers fan?  So he doesn’t know any more than us.  Of course they want Odunze, just like we want bowers.

SOME of us want Bowers not all of us. He said they'd like to trade up but realistically he thinks they'll go OL or DL in the 1st round and WR in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 04:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: I wouldn't mind getting CJ back at vet minimum just for his blocking, and knowledge of the Offense. Either he or Hudson can then go to the practice squad if we draft a TE.

Unpopular opinion. I wouldn't mind Wilcox back either. I feel like he's underrated, but get why since he really hasn't gotten much love but has done what he can when given the chances. And he has played a decent amount of snaps in the offense and post season.

I would like Wilcox back, he has always been underrated and is a very willing blocker and good ST'er.

No to Uzo though.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 01:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Last I heard Rock Ya Sin, Fulton and Eli Apple as well...

Rock Ya Sin would be a solid signing for a year or 2.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 11:48 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Whos left @ CB?

Cam Sutton.... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 01:36 PM)jason Wrote: Fulton signed with the Chargers.

Sounds like Bengals did make him an offer.

Kristian Fulton rejected Bengals’ offer to sign with Chargers: NFL News and Rumors - Cincy Jungle
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 06:37 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Sounds like Bengals did make him an offer.

Kristian Fulton rejected Bengals’ offer to sign with Chargers: NFL News and Rumors - Cincy Jungle

At least they tried, and he was able to get LA to go higher than they likely wanted to.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Fulton probably figured he'd be deep into the depth chart with CTB, Turner, Hilton, and a roving Dax ahead of him here. Probably a "better" route to meaningful reps in LAC.
Reply/Quote