Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
Random. Saw a couple of small blurbs on Xavien Howard visiting Cincy. Can anyone confirm?
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2024, 02:16 PM)Whacked Wrote: Random. Saw a couple of small blurbs on Xavien Howard visiting Cincy. Can anyone confirm?

Hilton is trying to recruit him is all I heard. He wants to go to the Texans....

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/four_time_pro_bowl_cb_xavien_howard_reveals_team_hed_love_to_play_for/s1_13132_40146020

but if this is how he really feels, Cincy is a place he would be looking at....

Quote:"I'd rather take a pay cut to go to a team that's going to go further in the playoffs," Howard added. "My goal is always to try to win a Super Bowl. Don't let the money get in the way of winning a Super Bowl."
It appears he's also looking at the Lions.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2024, 09:43 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: TB must be wanting more money than other teams think he is worth.

I wonder if he also burned some bridges with the Steelers when he bashed them for giving up on games or whatever that whole thing was. It’s been reported people inside the organization are split on bringing him in.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Gilmore is old but he is still playing at a high level. It would be nice to have him but not if his asking price is too high. Im not sure any of the other guys move the needle that much. Xavien Howard has got worse every year the last 4 years. Patrick Peterson is so-so and is 34 years old at this point. Adoree Jackson was pretty bad last year posting a 48.6 PFF grade. Rock Ya-Sin is OK but nothing special. I would probably wait until after the draft unless Gilmore could be had at a good price.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2024, 04:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I wonder if he also burned some bridges with the Steelers when he bashed them for giving up on games or whatever that whole thing was. It’s been reported people inside the organization are split on bringing him in.

I won't be surprised to hear he's right back here on a team friendly contract, especially if they are planning on trading Tee (which I don't think they are)
Reply/Quote
With the $4.4 mil hit on Brown, I put our practical cap space around $16.6 mil.

Counting 53, $4.3 mil for the PS, $2 mil for Irwin, and $2.7 mil for a FRP.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Bengals usually roll over 5 million right?

Seems like there is a move still to be made
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 08:47 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: With the $4.4 mil hit on Brown, I put our practical cap space around $16.6 mil.

Counting 53, $4.3 mil for the PS, $2 mil for Irwin, and $2.7 mil for a FRP.

The top 51 salaries count towards the cap, so unless a PS player is in top 51, they are not relevant to the cap. They are relevant to a team' cash spend.

You also have to offset players being replaced in top 51. So, if Irwin cap hit is 2 million, he may offset a guy previously in top 51 making 900K. Net would be an additional 1.1 million to the cap, not 2 million.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2024, 03:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Hilton is trying to recruit him is all I heard. He wants to go to the Texans....

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/four_time_pro_bowl_cb_xavien_howard_reveals_team_hed_love_to_play_for/s1_13132_40146020

but if this is how he really feels, Cincy is a place he would be looking at....

It appears he's also looking at the Lions.

Thanks Sled, I like the thought of bringing in Xavien Howard a lot.

(03-24-2024, 04:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I wonder if he also burned some bridges with the Steelers when he bashed them for giving up on games or whatever that whole thing was. It’s been reported people inside the organization are split on bringing him in.

Good, don't want Boyd to go to those shitheads.

(03-25-2024, 09:52 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I won't be surprised to hear he's right back here on a team friendly contract, especially if they are planning on trading Tee (which I don't think they are)

Could be, sure would make WR much less of a need this Draft, at least really early and it is a very deep class. I still like Boyd even if he 
was a bastid to some of the fans last year and acting weird himself at times. Still a very good WR and I don't think he is a quitter.

Boyd is more of a guy that wants to prove himself and he stays relatively healthy.

Leaning towards a Tee trade much less likely myself every day.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 10:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks Sled, I like the thought of bringing in Xavien Howard a lot.

Howard and Lou were together in Miami right?

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 11:52 PM)Bryan Wrote: Howard and Lou were together in Miami right?

Yep.
Reply/Quote
Cordarrelle Patterson signs 2 year deal with the Steelers.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 11:52 PM)Bryan Wrote: Howard and Lou were together in Miami right?

As Sled says here, yes they were, it makes sense to add Howard.

(03-26-2024, 08:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep.

(03-26-2024, 05:09 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Cordarrelle Patterson signs 2 year deal with the Steelers.

Patterson has been used as more of a RB lately, I don't know if he fits their Offense honestly.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 05:09 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Cordarrelle Patterson signs 2 year deal with the Steelers.
Probably for kickoffs with the new rules in place.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 05:35 PM)BengalBob Wrote: Probably for kickoffs with the new rules in place.

Man, feels like Cordarrelle has been in the league forever, is he still fast? I don't even know how old he is.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 05:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Man, feels like Cordarrelle has been in the league forever, is he still fast? I don't even know how old he is.

I know, right?  I just looked it up and he just turned 33.  Must still have his speed.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 05:35 PM)BengalBob Wrote: Probably for kickoffs with the new rules in place.

Arthur Smith has a weird affection for Patterson.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 05:59 PM)BengalBob Wrote: I know, right?  I just looked it up and he just turned 33.  Must still have his speed.

Thanks Bob, that is younger than I thought honestly. He must.

(03-26-2024, 06:03 PM)jason Wrote: Arthur Smith has a weird affection for Patterson.

Arthur Smith is the new stealer OC?

Must of missed this?
Reply/Quote
Is it me or is has FA slowed down earlier this year? It is not just us, but seems a lot of top 100 rated guys still available, not to mention role players?

Is teams FO now in driver's seat with contract negotiation?

I look around and see Ravens may need 2 starting guards, The Chiefs need a RT. We could use a DT, QB or depending on Tee a WR.

I am sure other teams still have glaring holes as well they would like to fill some prior to the draft.

Also, I believe after June 1st, players signed don't count against a team's potential compensatory draft picks in 2025.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote