Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-11-2024, 08:45 PM)jason Wrote: We're about to hear that he's back, and making more money too.

Eluemunor graded out better and only cost 7 million/year.  He was hyping the Bengals up before free agency.  Not sure what the Bengals management was thinking when he was right there for the Bengals to sign.
Reply/Quote
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 08:42 PM)jj22 Wrote: RT at 18.

Looks like it now that Onwenu is staying with the Pats.

(03-11-2024, 08:45 PM)jason Wrote: We're about to hear that he's back, and making more money too.

Guess I could live with that, would rather bring back Jonah than rely on a rookie right off the bat at RT.

I just don't like how Jonah has just gotten worse and worse every year and even stayed healthy last year and regressed.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 08:51 PM)Synric Wrote:

Dang, wanted Fant as well. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 08:51 PM)Synric Wrote:

That doesnt bother me.  I felt Fant was over rated for what he has done especially at 10.5 million per year.  I know some of our fans wanted him.  Personally I would call up Atlanta and see if they would trade Pitts for a 3rd round pick.  If that didnt work I would offer a 2nd round pick
Reply/Quote
It’s gonna be Becton for us isn’t it ffs will be Pollacks last roll of the dice.

Will be a RT at 18 too this place might explode if Bowers is still there :lol:
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 08:56 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: That doesnt bother me.  I felt Fant was over rated for what he has done especially at 10.5 million per year.  I know some of our fans wanted him.  Personally I would call up Atlanta and see if they would trade Pitts for a 3rd round pick.  If that didnt work I would offer a 2nd round pick

I like that idea a lot. Always was team Pitts and good point about the amount for Fant. That is a lot more than I thought he would get.

His numbers aren't good, he just has athleticism and upside which why I would of liked him. But give me Kyle Pitts for our 2nd round pick 
and I am happy as can be with our weapons. Pitts needs to be used right and have a great QB like Burrow throwing to him. Cousins isn't a
bad QB but he isn't great either.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 08:59 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: It’s gonna be Becton for us isn’t it ffs will be Pollacks last roll of the dice.

Will be a RT at 18 too this place might explode if Bowers is still there LOL

I actually like Becton better than Jonah who has just regressed over his career, Becton played his best under Pollack from what I heard.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 07:58 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: This would certainly make the team better in my opinion as well. Who you thinking of for DT? 

I certainly like Reader but if there is someone younger and ascending with no injury history that would be better in my eyes in combination with a high draft pick at DT.

I feel like the flexibility of Onwenu makes him appealing. Definitely good for depth that he plays great at G or RT.

Lots of options in the draft at wideout as well. I would prefer a strong focus on dline/oline early. 
Flexibility is important when picking BPA though. Landing a free agent RT and DT would be huge.
I think they're gonna have to go strong for Reader or they're gonna have to trade for a DT.
Reply/Quote
ATL is keeping Pitts with the addition of Cousins.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 08:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Looks like it now that Onwenu is staying with the Pats.

Guess I could live with that, would rather bring back Jonah than rely on a rookie right off the bat at RT.

I just don't like how Jonah has just gotten worse and worse every year and even stayed healthy last year and regressed.

Agreed. And don't want to go into the 1st round needing a OT and DT, as they could go off the board before 18. Jonah Williams only had a 59.1 PFF grade overall (82nd among OTs!) last season*, but it was his first season at RT in the NFL. I would rather that than, as you say, going into next season gambling on the 18th pick in the draft. 

* https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/jonah-williams-on-his-future-season-at-right-tackle-hope-that-helps-my-value-in-some-way
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 08:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Looks like it now that Onwenu is staying with the Pats.

Jonah graded a 58 pff not sure how that is getting better but ok Hilarious    Just sign Brown for 2 years.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 09:03 PM)jj22 Wrote: ATL is keeping Pitts with the addition of Cousins.

Kyle Pitts wasn't going anywhere the second they released Jonnu Smith.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 02:06 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Well they said they didnt want a revolving door.  Sample did look better catching the ball last season.  I like the signing.

I liked him a lot as an H-back.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Onwenu back in NE, 3/$57.

It was likely always gonna be RT at #18.
Reply/Quote
Jags have been active.

Michael DiRocco
@ESPNdirocco
League source confirms the Jaguars and CB Ronald Darby have agreed to a two-year deal. So in the last seven hours the Jaguars have agreed to deals with C Mitch Morse, WR Gabe Davis, S Darnell Savage, WR/KR/PR Devin Duvernay, and Darby.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 08:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Looks like it now that Onwenu is staying with the Pats.

The rest of the guys on that line have too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 09:08 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Onwenu back in NE, 3/$57.

It was likely always gonna be RT at #18.

If the Bengals go into the draft needing a RT -- and with every team in the league knowing that -- they may end up drafting after a run on OT.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 09:09 PM)Nepa Wrote: Jags have been active.

Michael DiRocco
@ESPNdirocco
League source confirms the Jaguars and CB Ronald Darby have agreed to a two-year deal. So in the last seven hours the Jaguars have agreed to deals with C Mitch Morse, WR Gabe Davis, S Darnell Savage, WR/KR/PR Devin Duvernay, and Darby.

That’s the other end of the spectrum. Feels like too much.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 02:37 PM)Joelist Wrote: As long as the stupid funding rule exists we are going to be hampered. It isn't the guarantee itself (heck our track record of paying players the whole contract speaks for that) but the escrow requirement means teams need to be rolling in cash well over the usual signing bonus at the time of signing. 

I'm sure that rule wasn't implemented to hamper the small market teams or anything.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote