Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-11-2024, 10:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That sounds good on the front end, until you realize that the average sales tax in Texas is 8.20%.  Shocked I'm sure that in any of the metro areas it likely balloons to over 10%.

The sales tax in Hamilton county is 7.8% so Cincinnati isnt much better in that regard.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, big letdown. Gross.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 10:16 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: The sales tax in Hamilton county is 7.8% so Cincinnati isnt much better in that regard.

Wow, I've got it good out here in the sticks, I guess..

Edit: Maybe not so much, it's 7.25% in Jackson Co. I guess I should pay better attention.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 10:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That sounds good on the front end, until you realize that the average sales tax in Texas is 8.20%.  Shocked I'm sure that in any of the metro areas it likely balloons to over 10%.

Don't move here then, we would kill for 8.2 sales tax.....
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 09:58 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Well on the bengals app they have a free agency tracker and list Trenton Irwin as an unrestricted free agent along with Reader, Williams, Boyd, etc..

I thought he was for sure going to be back.

Losing Tee, Boyd, and Irwin would be a whole lot of turnover in the WR room.

If you do not tender a RFA an offer ($3 mil?) then they become UFA, I believe.
Reply/Quote
I wanted Townsend & Williams.

I think Townsend is a better use of $3 mil than ADG.
Reply/Quote
So many good players including some d linemen going for 3 years 20-25 mill going to teams with barely any cap space and here we are re signing special teams players.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:04 PM)CottonHill Wrote: So many good players including some d linemen going for 3 years 20-25 mill going to teams with barely any cap space and here we are re signing special teams players.

Means the Bengals have an opportunity to clean up in the reaping when those teams need to clear up cap space.

Checkers vs Chess
Reply/Quote
Zack Moss to CIN. 2 years, 8 mil.

Reply/Quote
Williams staying in Seattle, 3 yrs/$64.5 mil.

That's pricey.

Who is left:

DT: Reader, Armstead
OT: Trent Brown
CB: Fulton

In terms of big fish at spots we need, is that about it? TE off the board. Some big name RBs still out there. WR market is depressed. Already signed a S and paid ADG at LB. Townsend is gone at punter.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:10 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Zack Moss to CIN. 2 years, 8 mil.

That is good value. Gotta think Mixon & Scott are gone. Though, nothing wrong with some depth. It is not like we are out of cap space atm.
Reply/Quote
Joe Mixon to be released.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 08:59 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: It’s gonna be Becton for us isn’t it ffs will be Pollacks last roll of the dice.

Will be a RT at 18 too this place might explode if Bowers is still there LOL

I pray the Bengals don't sign Becton.  He is horrible.  Gave up 12 sacks last year on top of committing 18 penalties while grading out at 53.2 PFF  Is that the guy you want blocking Burrow's right side?  Might as well sign Adeniji.  He would save cap space and do just as well as Becton (or as bad in this case)
Reply/Quote
I do not think Zach Moss is better than Joe Mixon.

On the field, I think we are worse. Someone please prove me wrong.
Reply/Quote
This article has Moss at 62.0 pass blocking, though only after 4 games.

https://www.si.com/nfl/colts/news/why-colts-should-retain-zack-moss
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:22 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: This article has Moss at 62.0 pass blocking, though only after 4 games.

https://www.si.com/nfl/colts/news/why-colts-should-retain-zack-moss

Yeah I put that in the other thread.  Very important aspect since Brown isn't up to speed there.  Give me a solid guy between the tackles and good blocker that can catch a button hook for a few yards and I'm happy.  He will come in handy when we play up tempo.  I like the combo of him and Sample as blocking threats yet not horrible in other aspects.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:29 PM)phil413 Wrote: Yeah I put that in the other thread.  Very important aspect since Brown isn't up to speed there.  Give me a solid guy between the tackles and good blocker that can catch a button hook for a few yards and I'm happy.  He will come in handy when we play up tempo.  I like the combo of him and Sample as blocking threats yet not horrible in other aspects.

He has been not very effective in pass catching game, Mixon gets a bit of a bad rap on pass blocking.. had a good solid 4 to 5 years pass blocking,slipped last couple.. a bit weird we just got slower at RB... i get the cost savings, but would have prefer a better upgrade.. maybe fixing RT will help RB and hope Brown improves in passing game, we are lacking catching the ball out of backfield
Reply/Quote
Mixon was always an awful pass blocker what are you talking about?

Reply/Quote
I’m very confused by the start of this off-season. We have tons of money to spend. I’m not naive, I know it’s not over yet, but what was their plan? They don’t want to spend on Tee, they didn’t get the top TE, they didn’t get the top couple DT’s, no edge rusher, CB. They signed a rotational S. Who are they targeting? Are they expecting a Chase extension that’s going to be closer to 40M APY? I’m just honestly confused. It feels like we don’t have a strategy and that’s the confusing part. I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt because they’ve done pretty well the last couple free agency’s.
Reply/Quote
Welp it looks like we are gonna keep the Burrow style offense and learn nothing from the success Browning had in a run first offense. Probably go all shotgun again with no threat to run, not a good mix
Reply/Quote