Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-12-2024, 12:09 PM)Stewy Wrote: Is this good?

I love this. 3.25 for a TE who can catch. It’s a steal.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:13 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: I love this. 3.25 for a TE who can catch. It’s a steal.

TEs that can catch but are terrible blockers don't move me much. It removes a lot of the formation & mismatch advantage that makes TEs effective. All he is is a slow/less quick slot receiver. 

His only real value is that he is tall and can be a redzone threat. Not saying I dont' think it's a fine move, but it's not a steal. 
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:17 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: TEs that can catch but are terrible blockers don't move me much. It removes a lot of the formation & mismatch advantage that makes TEs effective. All he is is a slow/less quick slot receiver. 

His only real value is that he is tall and can be a redzone threat. Not saying I dont' think it's a fine move, but it's not a steal. 

We lose a lot of those qualities when Boyd leaves.  Burrow having a safety valve is important.  He's notorious for holding it too long for the perfect play, so one more big target to take the safe 7 yards only helps support him. 
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:17 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: TEs that can catch but are terrible blockers don't move me much. It removes a lot of the formation & mismatch advantage that makes TEs effective. All he is is a slow/less quick slot receiver. 

Gesecki is a tall slot receiver with 700 yard prowess. Think of him as that. Even if Gesecki is covered completely by a linebacker, Burrow just has to throw it high where the LB cant get it, and Gesecki will catch it. WTS, I can now picture multiple passes going off the tips of Gesecki's outstretched fingers and into the hands of the opposing safety...

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:17 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: TEs that can catch but are terrible blockers don't move me much. It removes a lot of the formation & mismatch advantage that makes TEs effective. All he is is a slow/less quick slot receiver. 

He was pretty good in Miami. We got a TE that has proven he can be a tool in the NfL for 3M. Not like we spent 7M.

And this by no means makes the off season a success. It doesn’t move the needle for me on a macro level. But for the TE room I like it
Reply/Quote
Looks like Winston is signing with the Browns which would mean Flacco is gone.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote

And Moss can help with pass blocking so it's kinda like just shifting some players around.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Gesicky is definitely better than Hurst and Irv Smith Jr. Last year he suffered dislocated shoulder during a practice, but he's been healthy since then. Nice deal, B+
Reply/Quote
I really like what we are doing so far. Filling needs with young quality players and no WTF signings.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 10:34 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I would not be surprised at all if the Bengals traded him to the Jags and then didn’t.

Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Gesicki? Meh. Might turn out ok but not noteworthy.

Wonder what we got for Mixon.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:25 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: He was pretty good in Miami. We got a TE that has proven he can be a tool in the NfL for 3M. Not like we spent 7M.

And this by no means makes the off season a success. It doesn’t move the needle for me on a macro level. But for the TE room I like it

I said the move was fine, just not a "steal"
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:25 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: WTS, I can now picture multiple passes going off the tips of Gesecki's outstretched fingers and into the hands of the opposing safety...

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b9520dg9t9szypguiyf6zk4...w.gif&ct=g]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:49 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Gesicki? Meh. Might turn out ok but not noteworthy.

Wonder what we got for Mixon.

I don’t post much at all, but today is a good day. Two small moves that move the needle properly. Mixon traded instead of released is value for nothing and Gesecki cheap is even better.

Gesecki will be way more valuable than we expect. Mark me on that prediction.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
We get Moss, Ravens get Henry....

Ravens and Steelers back in playoffs. 5 more spots left.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Thumbs Down 
Quote:Free-agent Derrick Henry is signing a two-year, $16 million deal worth up to $20 million, including $9 million fully guaranteed in the first year with the Baltimore Ravens, sources tell ESPN.

Per everyone lol
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:28 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: And Moss can help with pass blocking so it's kinda like just shifting some players around.

Bengals don't use TEs for pass blocking much anyway.
They prefer TEs who can catch and/or run block.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 01:48 PM)SouthernStripes Wrote: Per everyone lol

Henry now in the same division. Geez. We need some run stoppers. And hope that our new safety does better at tackling than he did when he was with Baltimore. 
Reply/Quote

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 01:48 PM)SouthernStripes Wrote: Per everyone lol

...I'm not worried at all that our new safety that struggles in run defends will have to stop Derrick Henry.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote