Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-12-2024, 02:47 PM)QueenCity Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hopefully, the story of Tee to MIN for JJ, LSU reunion,  win SB in New Orleans! Ninja
Who Dey Tiger

[Image: 20240312-141758.jpg]
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 02:57 PM)pally Wrote: I would never have bet on Irv Smith getting a contract before Tyler Boyd or Jonah Williams

Teams are likely gonna wait on Boyd.

I’m actually pegging him as a surprise resign. I think he’s gonna hit thr market wanting 3/30M and i just don’t see it. Come back here and start for 7M/1year

I’m sure a team will put in an offer but i just don’t see there being a better fit than us.

And even in that scenario Boyd better hope Jones isn’t taking a step this offseason

If Jones is good i honestly don’t see a reason to resign Boyd
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 02:41 PM)Nepa Wrote: Sounds good until he's the last line of defense between Lamar and a TD. 

Well He's had Many practice reps against Lamar which could help
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 03:07 PM)Trademark Wrote: I am actually scared

Just turned 30. Coming off a year where he averaged a career low ypc. And he led the league in rushing attempts last year meaning more wear and tear. His 2000 yard season was 4 years ago.

He is a freak. But it’s possible he is on the downside of his career.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 02:31 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Ravens and Steelers definitely improved big time this offseason and we haven't hit the draft yet (and FA is far from over).

If Derrick Henry has a healthy year the Ravens will be very tough to beat.

Bengals NEED to address the dline. Reader is probably the best DT out there. The injury history sucks, but they almost have to sign him for a 2-3 year deal at this point. Pair that with a 1st/2nd round DT and we can solidify the dline. The other option is draft DT in the 1st and DT in the 2nd to soldiify the position for years.

Really would have been nice to land a legit RT in FA to free up the draft. Again, we may be looking at Jonah or someone similar. I'd like to see an upgrade to the position but we'll see if that's possible.

Steelers got a lot better getting Russel Wilson. He gets a lot of bad press and doesn't seem like a good teammate. But he can play ball and he's healthy. Definitely improves the Steelers a lot.

Both the Steelers and Ravens give us trouble along our oline in pass protection. Bengals NEED to address right tackle and improve up front.

Lots of needs to fill yet. RT, DT, Corner, WR2.

Even with Reader last year the dline was lacking. We need to address the line for sure.

I'm hoping we can swing a high value trade for Tee to get some draft picks or fill one of the above needs with a premier player.

Ravens were good without Henry now will be very good... but they did loss a couple pieces to their defense Just don;t know about Russell Wilson, but i agree Steelers made two good moves but they might be losing a few on their defense.. lets see how it all shacks out.

I agree though like to add a DT at least hopefully today
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
P Queen to the Steelers. Looks like we are going to be dead last in the division pecking order yet again. Was a fun few years.
Reply/Quote
We will get destroyed by ravens if we don’t substantially upgrade our interior DTs and add a solid right OT.
Reply/Quote
At what point does Jonah become an option? So far there are no rumors surrounding him. Then again, I don't see anything on Kendall Fuller either.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 03:24 PM)bengals67 Wrote: We will get destroyed by ravens if we don’t substantially upgrade our interior DTs and add a solid right OT.

Which is why we should have signed Wilkins. We’re saving all this cash, trading Mixon, cheap TE, no RT, no OG, no long term commitment to Tee. What is the plan? It doesn’t make sense. #18 has to be RT. The draft had great prospects that should be there. But what about DT? We were awful last year with a healthy reader. Now we’re all praying we can bring him back after an injury and a year older? How do we improve the rushing D? I honestly do not see a path to the playoffs. Baltimore with Henry will win division. Cleveland is damn good and makes us look like a high school team, even with Burrow. And the Steelers are never awful. I’m at a loss of words for the direction we’re going. Tell me what players we can get that will make our D Line BETTER than last year. Answer can’t be the draft because that’s gotta be RT. And if it’s the draft then who the hell is playing RT? Cody ford?
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 03:13 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Just turned 30. Coming off a year where he averaged a career low ypc. And he led the league in rushing attempts last year meaning more wear and tear. His 2000 yard season was 4 years ago.

He is a freak. But it’s possible he is on the downside of his career.

I'm hoping that he's going to be slowing down.  He hasn't had much for injuries though.  
Also, the QB play in Tennessee has been pretty poor since his 2000 yd season, so defenses were likely stacking the box the past few years. 

Why couldn't we go out and get Henry for $8 million instead of letting the Ravens have him?  Makes our Zack Moss deal seem pretty damn weak, doesn't it?
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 03:29 PM)phil413 Wrote: At what point does Jonah become an option? So far there are no rumors surrounding him.  Then again, I don't see anything on Kendall Fuller either.

They could have signed Eluemunor who is better than Jonah for 7 million.

I just hope Bengals management doesnt consider Becton as an option.  He led the NFL in sacks allowed at 12.  He was #2 in penalties at 18 for the year.  This guy will get Burrow hurt if they sign him as RT.  At this point they would better off trying to get Collins back or wait until a decent RT is cut.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 03:40 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: They could have signed Eluemunor who is better than Jonah for 7 million.

I just hope Bengals management doesnt consider Becton as an option.  He led the NFL in sacks allowed at 12.  He was #2 in penalties at 18 for the year.  This guy will get Burrow hurt if they sign him as RT.  At this point they would better off trying to get Collins back or wait until a decent RT is cut.

They had better be signing Trent Brown.
Reply/Quote
Quote:Source: #Bears have agreed to terms with tight end Gerald Everett. Bears are giving former Chargers TE Gerald Everett a 2-year, $12 million base value deal with a max value up to $14 million that includes $6.1 million Fully Guaranteed, per source.
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 03:36 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: I'm hoping that he's going to be slowing down.  He hasn't had much for injuries though.  
Also, the QB play in Tennessee has been pretty poor since his 2000 yd season, so defenses were likely stacking the box the past few years. 

Why couldn't we go out and get Henry for $8 million instead of letting the Ravens have him? Makes our Zack Moss deal seem pretty damn weak, doesn't it?

Not really, no. Paying a RB hasn’t exactly been the key to winning a Super Bowl in recent years…

[Image: GIeR40rXIAAToVH?format=jpg&name=medium]

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 03:36 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: I'm hoping that he's going to be slowing down.  He hasn't had much for injuries though.  

Why couldn't we go out and get Henry for $8 million instead of letting the Ravens have him?  Makes our Zack Moss deal seem pretty damn weak, doesn't it?

Idk...his numbers have been solid and he has played behind one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL the last two years...you add that bump and the given bump every RB seems to get playing with Lamar Jackson and their run game...I'm not saying it will be career year, but I'd imagine you'd see a sizeable uptick in efficiency.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 02:20 PM)depthchart Wrote: That is going to present a problem.

A BIG problem if they can both stay healthy.

The Ravens seem all in on winning a Super Bowl.

Neither player is in their running prime. You're not worrying about tackling 2019 lamar and derrick. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 02:20 PM)depthchart Wrote: That is going to present a problem.

A BIG problem if they can both stay healthy.

The Ravens seem all in on winning a Super Bowl.

But they won't both stay healthy.  History is against them.  Henry has feasted off the weak defenses in the AFC South for years, and now he comes to the AFC North, where he won't last 6 games before he limps off.

I think people just like predicting DoOm!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 03:52 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: Idk...his numbers have been solid and he has played behind one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL the last two years...you add that bump and the given bump every RB seems to get playing with Lamar Jackson and their run game...I'm not saying it will be career year, but I'd imagine you'd see a sizeable uptick in efficiency.

Henry has been getting FOCUSED on by Defenses his whole career.

Now defenses have to worry about Lamar (and whether or not Lamar will give Henry the ball or maybe Lamar will run himself)

When both are healthy and on the field it won't be easy for any defense.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 03:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not really, no. Paying a RB hasn’t exactly been the key to winning a Super Bowl in recent years…

[Image: GIeR40rXIAAToVH?format=jpg&name=medium]

Nice chart.  Sorry, I just freaked out for a minute there.  From the looks of it, we need a Brady or Mahomes, which we might just have one of those if his wrist heals up.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote