Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-13-2024, 12:39 AM)CottonHill Wrote: The scariest thing is the FO seems lost and 3 steps behind everyone. The release, then trade of Joe shows they didn’t do their due diligence on finding a suitor. Houston was like hold tf up, and helped us out to assure they get him.
Is that fact or just your opinion? It sounds like Houston was the one that was holding out till the last second to get the trade done. 
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 12:53 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Is that fact or just your opinion? It sounds like Houston was the one that was holding out till the last second to get the trade done. 

It is his opinion Wedge. Dude is a troll and I don't use that word lightly, he has nothing positive to say about the Bengals.

Probably a stool fan or somethin'. Been on my nerves all day. I think we will make some more good moves once FA actually starts tomorrow.

It is okay for fellow Bengal fans to have some knee jerk reactions during actual FA, but I just don't understand these newbies that come in 
and tear down a team that has won 5 Playoff games, been to 2 AFC Championship games and a Super Bowl in the last 3 years.

Our Franchise QB was injured for most of the year and we still went above .500 last year.

These people/trolls just piss me off anymore.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 12:44 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Losing DJ would be bad.

We have plenty of space. If we sign a bunch of discount FAs despite having $50 million in cap space AND we lose Reader. That is p!ss poor.

The fact that he is going there for a visit is extremely bad news.
Something tells me that Tobin will be on the phone in the morning if he hasn't already been in DJ's (or his agent's) ear tonight.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 01:04 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is his opinion Wedge. Dude is a troll and I don't use that word lightly, he has nothing positive to say about the Bengals.

Probably a stool fan or somethin'. Been on my nerves all day. I think we will make some more good moves once FA actually starts tomorrow.

It is okay for fellow Bengal fans to have some knee jerk reactions during actual FA, but I just don't understand these newbies that come in 
and tear down a team that has won 5 Playoff games, been to 2 AFC Championship games and a Super Bowl in the last 3 years.

Our Franchise QB was injured for most of the year and we still went above .500 last year.

You are part of the problem bro. This franchise has never won a Super Bowl….not one. We have had a great few years and now the FO has all the cushion they need from the fans and media in the city to do whatever and not get criticized. Loser mentality.
Where I come from it’s championship or try harder next year. Learn to expect more
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 01:21 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Something tells me that Tobin will be on the phone in the morning if he hasn't already been in DJ's (or his agent's) ear tonight.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
If not he better be signing Tart and hitting the phones up trying to trade for another DT as well.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 01:23 AM)CottonHill Wrote: You are part of the problem bro. This franchise has never won a Super Bowl….not one. We have had a great few years and now the FO has all the cushion they need from the fans and media in the city to do whatever and not get criticized. Loser mentality.
Where I come from it’s championship or try harder next year. Learn to expect more

He's not part of the problem you and your negativity is.....and you know what you can do with both Rock On
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 12:39 AM)CottonHill Wrote: The scariest thing is the FO seems lost and 3 steps behind everyone. The release, then trade of Joe shows they didn’t do their due diligence on finding a suitor. Houston was like hold tf up, and helped us out to assure they get him.

I always love how random fans always seem to think they know exactly what is going on in one of the most private FO in the NFL.

Houston may have thought they could easily sign Joe off the street then they heard the Chargers were calling. Then they agreed to a trade.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 12:44 AM)Joelist Wrote: No it was always a trade - the media got it wrong initially. The FO seems like they have a plan and are following it. 

Where did you hear this?

Reply/Quote

Having a personnel department with only 5 people while every other team in our division has 25 or more is a problem.  Being cheap on guarantees is a problem.

This Mixon example is not a good one.   
- We have no idea if they tried to shop Mixon or not, so that is one thing.
- Teams dont normally shop older vets for 7th round picks.
- We announced that we would be cutting Mixon and the Texans were losing in the Henry FA battle and jumped in with the offer before we did the cut.

They did nothing wrong in this case.

Now you want to discuss the major impact of the recent bad drafts?  Those would be more applicable.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 11:35 PM)jj22 Wrote: Sounds like if they like what they see medically he will sign. 

What exactly makes it "sounds like"?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 01:04 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is his opinion Wedge. Dude is a troll and I don't use that word lightly, he has nothing positive to say about the Bengals.

Hey lighten up. He killed fitty men. And lost his shins in W W 2.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 01:23 AM)CottonHill Wrote: You are part of the problem bro. This franchise has never won a Super Bowl….not one. We have had a great few years and now the FO has all the cushion they need from the fans and media in the city to do whatever and not get criticized. Loser mentality.

I mean. You can't have top paid guys at every position. We signed 3 outside free agent starters. TE, RB, and S. All in there 20s. All have real NFL production with glimpses of being capable of top level production. And I think all 3 make us better. And what is the cap hit going to be this year? Like 12-14m total for all 3.

We are doing work.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 02:43 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I mean. You can't have top paid guys at every position. We signed 3 outside free agent starters. TE, RB, and S. All in there 20s. All have real NFL production with glimpses of being capable of top level production. And I think all 3 make us better. And what is the cap hit going to be this year? Like 12-14m total for all 3.

We are doing work.

Exactly!

There are far more examples of teams blowing the bank on players and winning nothing. This front office has done a masterful job of finding good/great players outside of the top tier. It looks like that will continue. They also seem to always have cap space and minimal dead cap.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 01:23 AM)CottonHill Wrote: Where I come from it’s championship or try harder next year. Learn to expect more.

Huh. I was gonna guess Wichita.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Reader is apparently set to visit the Lions
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 02:23 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What exactly makes it "sounds like"?

Comments from beat writers on social media yesterday. His delayed leaving was always due to not being able to get physicals until the new league year is official. One of the reasons these deals (remember Oby) fall through today is these deals being agreed to before medical checks are conducted. Players like Reader who have known injuries won't finalize a deal until they are checked out. Reader is as good as gone. Bengals didn't need to wait for a physical or medical check if they were front runners to re-sign him. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Tart was cut mid season and hasn't had any interests. I think the FO badly miscalculated.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 08:57 AM)jj22 Wrote: Tart was cut mid season and hasn't had any interests. I think the FO badly miscalculated.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but i believe the Bengals put in a claim for Tart after he was released but the Texans had dibs before the Bengals, so i believe there was interest on our end!
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 12:44 AM)Joelist Wrote: No it was always a trade - the media got it wrong initially. The FO seems like they have a plan and are following it. 

What is the plan? From the outside it seems like the plan is playing hardball with Tee or simply not willing to pay him. Ok so we’re moving on after 1-2 year tag and get a 3rd round comp pick, maybe. Awesome.

We have BJ hill at DT and no one else. We have Jackson Carmen at RT. LG is below average, RG was decent. C is a FA next year. We lost our starting CB.

But we resigned our back up LB, back up TE, swapped rb to save 2 Mill, and signed a S to a 7M APY deal. And that S will play and possibly rotate with our 1st round S Hill. Damn this plan is flawless. We will finally beat Cleveland!

We went to the superbowl 3 years ago now. That team is gone. It’s not even the same team. It’s not that the window is closed, we’re just in a very different window now. To me, this has been a piss poor off season. I don’t see what players left will make our team a superbowl team next year. Our D was so bad, and no matter who we sign, we will arguably be worse or no better.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 08:50 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Reader is apparently set to visit the Lions

Not good. Bengals really need a run-stopping nose tackle. And with the other glaring need for a RT, and maybe a WR if Tee decides to sit out the early part of the season. And a pass-rushing DL. Too many needs to solve through the draft. Getting Reader back would solve one major piece. His visiting the Lions doesn't sound promising to get him back.
Reply/Quote