Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-13-2024, 02:12 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: https://x.com/_MLFootball/status/1767958386061058521?s=20

REPORT: The #Bengals have a strong interest in star defensive lineman Arik Armstead.

...If he is healthy that would certainly be a good signing. If not...

Have to think he would rotate with BJ and they'd both be out there on 3rd and mid-long.  Still need a true NT but that would for sure help, they would keep each other fresh and you have needs met going into the draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 02:12 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: https://x.com/_MLFootball/status/1767958386061058521?s=20

REPORT: The #Bengals have a strong interest in star defensive lineman Arik Armstead.

...If he is healthy that would certainly be a good signing. If not...

There were a few others they had strong interest in but who signed elsewhere. But they may be able to land Armstead, because the competition is lesser now that some desperate teams fulfilled their DT needs.

Edit: Although having said that, it appears some stiff competition from Texans and Lions. Don't the Texans ever stop signing players this free agency?

Aaron Wilson
@AaronWilson_NFL
#Texans to trade defensive tackle Maliek Collins to #49ers per a league source. #Texans among teams including #Bengals and #Lions with interest in Arik Armstead who hasn't been released officially yet
@KPRC2
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 02:15 PM)phil413 Wrote: Have to think he would rotate with BJ and they'd both be out there on 3rd and mid-long.  Still need a true NT but that would for sure help, they would keep each other fresh and you have needs met going into the draft.

That would be a good grab for us if Arik Armstead is healthy. Sure would help in collapsing the interior on passing downs with both
BJ and Arik. Also like what Orlovski was talking about with us trading Tee to the Lions for pick 29. Then we could pick up Sweat and
we would have our NT for the future. At 18 we can draft Brian Thomas Jr as our Tee replacement who is faster with the same size.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 02:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Imagine trading Higgins for a 1st rounder and getting John WhateverRoss.

Imagine getting Xavier Worthy before the Chiefs do. Our luck. We take him he's Ross, Chiefs take him and he's Cheetah 2.0..... 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 02:15 PM)phil413 Wrote: Have to think he would rotate with BJ and they'd both be out there on 3rd and mid-long.  Still need a true NT but that would for sure help, they would keep each other fresh and you have needs met going into the draft.

They could make do with BJ, Armstead, Tupou, Carter and a rookie NT.  Armstead is versatile and can be moved around to take advantage of matchups, just don't expect him to anchor the A gap on obvious rushing downs.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 02:18 PM)Nepa Wrote: There were a few others they had strong interest in but who signed elsewhere. But they may be able to land Armstead, because the competition is lesser now that some desperate teams fulfilled their DT needs.

Edit: Although having said that, it appears some stiff competition from Texans and Lions. Don't the Texans ever stop signing players this free agency?

Aaron Wilson
@AaronWilson_NFL
#Texans to trade defensive tackle Maliek Collins to #49ers per a league source. #Texans among teams including #Bengals and #Lions with interest in Arik Armstead who hasn't been released officially yet
@KPRC2

The Lions in on Reader and Armstead.  Their weakness last year was they didnt have a top tier defense and they are trying to fix it.   
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 01:41 PM)Nepa Wrote: Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Trade: the Texans are trading defensive tackle Maliek Collins to the 49ers, per source.

Compensation update - For a 7th-round pick
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 02:44 PM)SouthernStripes Wrote: Compensation update - For a 7th-round pick

Only a 7th for a pretty good DT?  Maliek Collins had a good year with 43 pressures and 12 tackles for loss and apparently rarely misses games (only 4 games in last 3 seasons). Better than what someone is likely to pick up with a 7th round pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 02:24 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: The Lions in on Reader and Armstead.  Their weakness last year was they didnt have a top tier defense and they are trying to fix it.   

Yep. They are doing what we should have been doing. Instead most of our time is being spent trying to trade the good players we have already (Higgins & Mixon) and overpaying (slightly) our backups. 

I cannot wait till we use all our cap to pay
Money Mac $7 mil a year and extend Chase before we have to, and restructure no one. 

If we were not gonna seriously lock up Reader, we should have been way more aggressive on other fronts (Townsend, Onwenu, Wilkins, Williams, etc.). 

Again, there is time left, but right now we are still 4th in our division. And also behind Houston and the Chiefs. 

Dang, I am getting increasingly negative the more I think about it.

Reader + Armstead would turn things around quickly, though. An elite run stopper and elite pass rushing DT. 
Reply/Quote
Mike Williams from the Chargers released... wonder if that effects anything Tee related.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
The Bengals should go ahead and trade that shiny new 7th round conditional pick to the 49ers for Arik Armstead to obstruct him from hitting the open market. Then extend him.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Nick Scott released - thank the Lord.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 03:08 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Nick Scott released - thank the Lord.

I was literally just thinking about when this was going to happen. 

We now have just below 50 million in cap space. 5th most. Cmon Bengals, what are we doing? Spend the damn money.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 03:07 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The Bengals should go ahead and trade that shiny new 7th round conditional pick to the 49ers for Arik Armstead to obstruct him from hitting the open market. Then extend him.

we dont offically have it yet
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 03:10 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: we dont offically have it yet

Then trade the 7th round pick we do have. 
Reply/Quote

This is what the teaser video was about with Donald Glover greeting out.  Worth the wait. 
Reply/Quote
I’m becoming frustrated, and when I become frustrated I fart.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 03:10 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Then trade the 7th round pick we do have. 

Sounds good to me. Anything to help lock up a good player in the trenches.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 03:06 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Mike Williams from the Chargers released... wonder if that effects anything Tee related.

Some here were wondering who the Charges might release, given they are quite a bit over the cap. Some analysts were speculating Williams and Khalil Mack both.
Reply/Quote

WOW Im surprised!

...said no one.
Reply/Quote