Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-13-2024, 07:48 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: KrL7HF.gif]
[Image: robert-redford-nod.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 07:44 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I think far too many fans are letting players like Tee off the hook.  The player is in charge, not the agent.  The agent cannot make the player do anything.  The agent asks what the player wants, the agent tries to get that and provides the player with options.  The player makes the final decision.  Good agents get their clients the maximum amount of money with the team the player wants to play for.

So, Tee really feels he is being insulted that bad by his favorite team growing up huh? We must of offered him a 15 mil per or somethin'
for him to be that offended. He hasn't proven he is a #1 yet and the Tag pays him like a 1 this year. I don't know if I believe that Casear. Hmm

(03-13-2024, 07:46 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Just frustrated thought Bengals had something in the bag at 4:00.... feeling misled for sure from the Bengals twitter account.

Same here, thought we would of at least been announcing all the signings we already have and signed at least 1 or 2 players by now.
Reply/Quote
https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1768046684070666699?s=20

Quote:The #AZCardinals have released starting LT DJ Humphries, who had a $22M cap hit.

Not sure if he's a good fit or not. I know the Cards lines have been pretty bad the last few years.

Shefter's take:
"Cardinals released veteran offensive tackle D.J. Humphries, who tore his ACL vs. the Eagles on New Year’s Eve and was not expected to be ready for the start of the 2024 season."

So maybe not a good fit.
Reply/Quote
Y’all guys know we’ll get the big announcement at 10 pm tonight like always
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 07:32 PM)Au165 Wrote: They cut him as a post June 1st saving nearly 18 million.

Thanks.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 07:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So, Tee really feels he is being insulted that bad by his favorite team growing up huh? We must of offered him a 15 mil per or somethin'
for him to be that offended. He hasn't proven he is a #1 yet and the Tag pays him like a 1 this year. I don't know if I believe that Casear. Hmm

Same here, thought we would of at least been announcing all the signings we already have and signed at least 1 or 2 players by now.

I am not sure that Tee feels insulted at all.  The semantics played out on twitter are defitniely agent driven, but Tee is aware.  When it comes to the deal, or the trade request, Tee is the final decision maker, the nonsense in between is agent balderdash. 

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 07:54 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1768046684070666699?s=20

Not sure if he's a good fit or not. I know the Cards lines have been pretty bad the last few years.

Shefter's take:
"Cardinals released veteran offensive tackle D.J. Humphries, who tore his ACL vs. the Eagles on New Year’s Eve and was not expected to be ready for the start of the 2024 season."

So maybe not a good fit.

62 pff last year and 72 the year before
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 07:56 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I am not sure that Tee feels insulted at all.  The semantics played out on twitter are defitniely agent driven, but Tee is aware.  When it comes to the deal, or the trade request, Tee is the final decision maker, the nonsense in between is agent balderdash. 

Okay Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 08:02 PM)pulses Wrote: 62 pff last year and 72 the year before

Could PUP him if the value is there for an injured veteran, but honestly I wouldn’t expect them to get better this season so idk how the fit would be. If we’re gonna sign a injured vet it might as well be our guy.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 07:54 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Y’all guys know we’ll get the big announcement at 10 pm tonight like always

Could be correct. BTW your post on Cotton Hill last night was epic and had me laughing out loud.

Never liked Hank's Dad either. Mellow
Reply/Quote
"Hello Mr. Brown Jr. Look, we KNOW we signed you last year to play LT, but due to foreseen consequences, we were unable to acquire a starting RT in free agency. With Jackson Carman on the roster, and his only position being LT, we have no other choice but to move you to RT for the 2024 season. We apologize for this and look to get this remedied in the 2025 free agency period. Thank you for your understanding and willingness to be a team player. Best regards, The Brown Family Trust"
Reply/Quote
RT (sometimes LT) George Fant to Seattle.

PFF of 64 (with 3 sacks allowed), but Jonah Williams had a PFF overall grade of 58.5 (with 8 sacks allowed).
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 07:56 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I am not sure that Tee feels insulted at all.  The semantics played out on twitter are defitniely agent driven, but Tee is aware.  When it comes to the deal, or the trade request, Tee is the final decision maker, the nonsense in between is agent balderdash. 

I do think it's overblown and just simply a tactic to try and force a longterm contract one way or another. But if there is truth to the haven't had contract talks since March 2023 then I would say he may be a little insulted. Not a shocker to us as the Bengals love to just fall back on the franchise tag but it could be insulting to a player not to even try.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 08:12 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I do think it's overblown and just simply a tactic to try and force a longterm contract one way or another. But if there is truth to the haven't had contract talks since March 2023 then I would say he may be a little insulted. Not a shocker to us as the Bengals love to just fall back on the franchise tag but it could be insulting to a player not to even try.

Bengals have no intentions of paying Tee anywhere near 25/yr on a long term deal and he knows it and so do we.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 08:12 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I do think it's overblown and just simply a tactic to try and force a longterm contract one way or another. But if there is truth to the haven't had contract talks since March 2023 then I would say he may be a little insulted. Not a shocker to us as the Bengals love to just fall back on the franchise tag but it could be insulting to a player not to even try.

Let me tell you how I think the "no contract talks" scenario played out:

Tee's agent set a guaranteed amount that we will not come close to touching.  

At the end of the season, we called or they called, doesnt matter which, and the first question was, "Is Tee at the same number we wont come close to?" 

The answer was "Yes".

At the deadline, before tags are announced, the same question was asked with the same response.

There is no need to have contract talks if Tee's side is not budging. 

I dont just blame Tee, I hate that we act as if we are so poor that we must refuse to guarantee 2nd years. The guarantee has no impact on anyone except the owner's pocket.  Not the cap, not anything.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 08:14 PM)pulses Wrote: Bengals have no intentions of paying Tee anywhere near 25/yr on a long term deal and he knows it and so do we.

Guaranteed money is likely the bigger reason.  High AAV can be easily manipulated.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 08:19 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Guaranteed money is likely the bigger reason.  High AAV can be easily manipulated.

Yeah he's not getting no 50 from us like Ridley got from the Titans.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 08:20 PM)pulses Wrote: Yeah he's not getting no 50 from us like Ridley got from the Titans.

Did they seriously give Ridley 50 mill? If so, that's crazy! He's soooo inconsistent. I suppose that he could play better in the upcoming season since he was coming off of taking a year off, literally. It's possible, but I owned him in the board FFB league last season, and it was maddening. 
Reply/Quote
Well, I was excited about next year. Optimistic. No longer.

This team has so many needs. We’re going to be mid-90’s bad on defense next year.

All this ***** cap space.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 08:27 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Did they seriously give Ridley 50 mill? If so, that's crazy! He's soooo inconsistent. I suppose that he could play better in the upcoming season since he was coming off of taking a year off, literally. It's possible, but I owned him in the board FFB league last season, and it was maddening. 

4 yrs 92 and 50 guaranteed
Reply/Quote