Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-13-2024, 10:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So you want to put a malcontent LT at RT and think that somehow he will flourish?  I mean, it almost worked with Jonah Williams last year, but the team had that 5th year control so he was bound to try his best to impress the market.  What do you think that an unhappy Trent Brown would do at RT after settling for less than he and his agent feel he is worth?

Winning changes a mentality massively.

Not saying he’s not a prick but I doubt he would want to be seen as the weak link in a flying team.
Reply/Quote
$15m per for Jonah is nuts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 10:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: $15m per for Jonah is nuts.

Yeah, overpaid, but I think he will do much better in that Division.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 09:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote:

Dang he shit on Herbert. Now watch him be a hypocrite and play with Lamar Jackson
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 10:49 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Dang he shit on Herbert. Now watch him be a hypocrite and play with Lamar Jackson

Want nothing to do with that injury prone Receiver after that.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 10:07 PM)Wyche Wrote: We off the ledge a little yet? Hopefully still work to be done.

We live on the ledge around here.. Cool
Reply/Quote
Vonn Bell on a 1 year deal tonight?

I dont really understand it, but hear it may be happening.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 10:55 PM)sandwedge Wrote: We live on the ledge around here.. Cool

We are like Bengal pigeons lol
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 10:55 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Vonn Bell on a 1 year deal tonight?  

Good depth behind Battle and Vonn is a great leader. Tycen is always hurt even if he looks good when healthy.

I would welcome Vonn back with open arms.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 10:16 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Major red flag for Trent Brown and the rumor he quit on the Patriots last year.

But if the price was right. I’d take him as a RT bandaid and to open up the draft to go BPA

I had just read that Brown was a drama queen. Kind of a Lockeroom disrupter. Not sure we need that.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 10:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good depth behind Battle and Vonn is a great leader. Tycen is always hurt even if he looks good when healthy.

Sure, but if he isnt starting then he has to play special teams.....  We also already have Dax and Battle going for SS.  

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 10:59 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Sure, but if he isnt starting then he has to play special teams.....

Vonn is a little old for that maybe. We will see, in a way I don't understand it either when talking about him having to play ST's.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 10:59 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Sure, but if he isnt starting then he has to play special teams.....  We also already have Dax and Battle going for SS.  

Thinking Dax will be used more as a Slot Corner at times on TE's, as a nickle Safety and as a WILL backer on passing downs.

But yeah, Dax is more of a SS from what we saw last year. Lou the Mad Scientist going on here I guess.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Vonn is a little old for that maybe. We will see, in a way I don't understand it either when talking about him having to play ST's.

(03-13-2024, 11:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thinking Dax will be used more as a Slot Corner at times on TE's, as a nickle Safety and as a WILL backer on passing downs.

But yeah, Dax is more of a SS from what we saw last year. Lou the Mad Scientist going on here I guess.

Bell is not an optimal special teamer for sure....

Moving Dax around is directly opposite form what Lou said in needing Dax to learn to do one thing very well.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 10:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good depth behind Battle and Vonn is a great leader. Tycen is always hurt even if he looks good when healthy.

Yeah we gotta take advantage of what the market gives us.  If they get Vonn for cheap then rock the depth of being able to play Battle/Bell if Stone misses any time, give Battle some time off and maybe even line up in dime packages depending on personel.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 10:55 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Vonn Bell on a 1 year deal tonight?  

I'm all for it! For the reasons Nate mentions and he isn't afraid to come up and hit a mfr. Toughness and leadership on the backend with the young guys to learn from is just what that room needs. He would also bring accountability to the group. 
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:04 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Bell is not an optimal special teamer for sure....

Moving Dax around is directly opposite form what Lou said in needing Dax to learn to do one thing very well.

Wonder what Dax's position will be then, only so many to go around and Hilton and Battle played well last year.

Stone is the new starting FS. Dax isn't a boundary Corner...

(03-13-2024, 11:06 PM)phil413 Wrote: Yeah we gotta take advantage of what the market gives us.  If they get Vonn for cheap then rock the depth of being able to play Battle/Bell if Stone misses any time, give Battle some time off and maybe even line up in dime packages depending on personel.

Sure are lots of options with all these guys. Should be fun.

(03-13-2024, 11:06 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I'm all for it! For the reasons Nate mentions and he isn't afraid to come up and hit a mfr. Toughness and leadership on the backend with the young guys to learn from is just what that room needs. He would also bring accountability to the group. 

Toughness and leadership sure are things Vonn brings that is for damn sure. As well as accountability and hittin' mfr's  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I think Vonn is a done deal....

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:16 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I think Vonn is a done deal....

vet min?
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:16 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I think Vonn is a done deal....

Vonn should have an open invitation for life after the hit heard ‘round the world.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote