Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-13-2024, 11:51 PM)pulses Wrote: rather have Rock Ya Sin

Absolutely 

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:53 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I think the Patriots called 2 weeks ago.....

They also called on Mike Williams, he is now available, cheap.

HIggins would be good with Bourne for them.
Reply/Quote
Glad to have Bell back, especially at that price.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Tyron Smith is possible if Brown goes to RT. Or Smith does.
Reply/Quote
Information 
(03-13-2024, 11:55 PM)Wyche Wrote: Glad to have Bell back, especially at that price.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/sources-bengals-closing-in-on-one-year-deal-with-vonn-bell

Tiger
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:55 PM)Wyche Wrote: Glad to have Bell back, especially at that price.

Yep, the Panthers are pretty much paying Vonn for us this year lol
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Tyron Smith is possible if Brown goes to RT. Or Smith does.

If Brown and the FO talked it over, that would be an amazing move.  He was AP 2nd team last year even at 33.  If Latham or Fuaga were BPA and played LG for 2 years until moving to T, that would be a heck of a way of fixing the OL.  
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 12:09 AM)phil413 Wrote: If Brown and the FO talked it over, that would be an amazing move.  He was AP 2nd team last year even at 33.  If Latham or Fuaga were BPA and played LG for 2 years until moving to T, that would be a heck of a way of fixing the OL.  

Im not sure why people keep thinking Brown would move to RT.  That is the very reason he got mad at K.C. and called up the Bengals.  He wants to play LT period.  He is adamant about not moving to the RT spot
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 12:09 AM)phil413 Wrote: If Brown and the FO talked it over, that would be an amazing move.  He was AP 2nd team last year even at 33.  If Latham or Fuaga were BPA and played LG for 2 years until moving to T, that would be a heck of a way of fixing the OL.  

Yah never know, seems unlikely but Tyron Smith is only a LT from what I have heard. He is injured a lot, but atleast he didn't quit
on his team like Trent Brown supposedly did. Can Fuaga or Latham play LG?
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 12:18 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Im not sure why people keep thinking Brown would move to RT.  That is the very reason he got mad at K.C. and called up the Bengals.  He wants to play LT period.  He is adamant about not moving to the RT spot

That is what I thought. Yeah, LT is taken and we need a RT, too bad Trent Brown quit on his team. I don't know about anybody else
out there and we don't like Becton either. La'el I keep going back to who can play RT and he was on a PS last season so he should be
fit and ready to go by the regular season.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 12:21 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is what I thought. Yeah, LT is taken and we need a RT, too bad Trent Brown quit on his team. I don't know about anybody else
out there and we don't like Becton either. La'el I keep going back to who can play RT and he was on a PS last season so he should be

Collins might not be a bad short term option this year if no one else is available.
Reply/Quote
Becton coming to town tomorrow…
Reply/Quote
Mekhi Becton is coming to Cincinnati tomorrow according to Kelsey Conway

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 12:41 AM)Au165 Wrote: Becton coming to town tomorrow…

OK, that's enough UofL players.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 12:21 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is what I thought. Yeah, LT is taken and we need a RT, too bad Trent Brown quit on his team. I don't know about anybody else

Did Trent quit on his team or his coach? Makes a big difference. Belichick is known for rubbing players the wrong way. Can only imagine how he acts when the sky is falling on his career. Would be glad to know the inside issues. But if Becton is coming in tomorrow, I still hope we have a good back up RT
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 12:03 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep, the Panthers are pretty much paying Vonn for us this year lol

Quote:Vonn Bell's $6M 2024 base salary was fully GRTD last season by CAR

Quote:This will be a Russell Wilson-type signing, where the Bengals will ink him to a 1yr/$1,210,000 deal, with the Panthers paying the difference ($4,790,000)

Tiger
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I know hurst had a serious injury last year. But if we could bring him back on a min contract, like bell… should we?
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 12:41 AM)Au165 Wrote: Becton coming to town tomorrow…

(03-14-2024, 12:42 AM)pally Wrote: Mekhi Becton is coming to Cincinnati tomorrow according to Kelsey Conway

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/mekhi-becton-wants-to-move-back-to-left-tackle-blames-jets-for-knee-injury-after-forced-to-play-right-side/

Blamed his injury on coaches and moving him to RT. Sounds like another guy who has a problem not playing LT. Hopefully he is over it now. But I’m doubting it.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 12:49 AM)Jojo the Circus Boy Wrote: Did Trent quit on his team or his coach? Makes a big difference. Belichick is known for rubbing players the wrong way. Can only imagine how he acts when the sky is falling on his career. Would be glad to know the inside issues. But if Becton is coming in tomorrow, I still hope we have a good back up RT

I don't know the particulars same with Tart and his problems. The coaches should know more than us. I trust them to make the right decision.

All I know is we don't care for me first players. That might not be the case with either Trent Brown or Tart for all we know, we will see.

Becton had his best year when he was a rookie under Pollack, so you never know if he can resurrect his career here, that sure would be cool.

Becton is still really young.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 12:42 AM)pally Wrote: Mekhi Becton is coming to Cincinnati tomorrow according to Kelsey Conway

Barf. If we start next year with Becton at RT I think I will turn in my fan card. Beyond a certain level of stupid, I just cannot support it. 

Von Bell is a good deal on a vet min. Smart S, save for that penalty in the SB. That hurt. 

But he is likely the backup to Battle at SS. So what is Hill? 

FWIW, both Anderson & Ivey had serious injuries mid-season last year, not sure either will be ready come opening day. Could start on IR/PUP.
Reply/Quote