Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-14-2024, 09:11 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'd offer he is over it if the money is good.

Money is good? What team is going to pay him "good" money? He's lucky to have interest. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 09:12 AM)jj22 Wrote: Money is good? What team is going to pay him "good" money? He's lucky to have interest. 

Yes, the money is good. If he's lucky to have interest then a contract to play in the NFL for millions of dollars is good. Good does not have to equate to the top dollars the best free agents are getting.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 12:03 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep, the Panthers are pretty much paying Vonn for us this year lol

Doesn't get much better than that. He will be a good mentor for the kids, and may wind up playing quite a bit to boot. Nothing to dislike about this. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 09:11 AM)jj22 Wrote: A reclamation project is all well and dandy, but yall really going to sacrifice the already suspect health of Burrow with a reclamation project? We are well past that. We need someone who has already established themselves.

Scary to think folks are ok with a reclamation project protecting our injury prone QB.....

This isn't a rebuild.

Need healthy OL for sure
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 09:17 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Yes, the money is good. If he's lucky to have interest then a contract to play in the NFL for millions of dollars is good. Good does not have to equate to the top dollars the best free agents are getting.

this dude cant stay on the field if we sign him it needs to be Cheap  Zero guaranteed
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 01:06 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Called it about Becton made too much sense considering our idiot of an OL coach.

This is good news to me, he either plays well and it’s all hunky dory or it proves Pollack has no ***** idea what he’s doing and it’s a reason to turf him out.

Win/win

Not a fan of sacrificing our franchise QB and season for the sake of canning our o-line coach a year from now.
Reply/Quote
Assuming he signs, we're only one Willie Anderson tweet and one Troy Blackburn swipe at the fans away from this being Bobby Hart all over again.
Reply/Quote
Reading reports of Boyd to the Steelers or the Chiefs… don’t like the sound or look of that.
Reply/Quote
Jonah Williams to Arizona for 2 years, 30 million is ridiculous. Glad we didn't pay that.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 10:04 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Jonah Williams to Arizona for 2 years, 30 million is ridiculous. Glad we didn't pay that.

we may not feel that way depending on who is lining up at RT opening day
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 09:34 AM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: Assuming he signs, we're only one Willie Anderson tweet and one Troy Blackburn swipe at the fans away from this being Bobby Hart all over again.

Sadly enough, I'd be more comfortable with Bobby Hart at RT than Mechi Becton.  At least Hart is durable and has some fire in his veins.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 10:12 AM)pally Wrote: 0

The Bengals winning out in a bidding war is refreshing to see.

Reply/Quote
People need to relax. We did good yesterday and so far they are having a good Free Agency, targeting issue areas that plagued us last season and addressing them. We aren't done yet.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 10:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Bengals winning out in a bidding war is refreshing to see.

A situation created completely by their own complacency.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 10:12 AM)pally Wrote:  0

So our desperate need for a DT pushed us to outbid the Texans and I am not at all mad about it. That's what our extra cap space gives us the freedom to do. 
Reply/Quote
I was just doing some research and in the 2016 draft the Cheifs didn't have a 1st round pick.
They drafted Chris Jones in the 2nd round and Tyreek Hill in the 5th... Ridiculous.

Bengals ended up with Will Jackson 3 in the 1st, Boyd in the second.

The Saints got both Michael Thomas and Vonn Bell in the 2nd round.

The draft is a huge determining factor in success.
If the Bengals drafted Chris Jones, Tyreek Hill, and Mahomes over John Ross the team would look a lot different.

Whatever we do with FA the rest of the way, the Bengals NEED to hit at OT and DT in the draft this year at the very least.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 10:31 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: If the Bengals drafted Chris Jones, Tyreek Hill, and Mahomes over John Ross the team would look a lot different.

This is just silliness.  Everything is done right in hindsight.  And if my Uncle had breasts, he'd be my aunt.
Reply/Quote
Someone like Rankins was always in the Free Agency plan. Remember he is a 3T not a NT, and we've lacked interior pass rush pop since Ogunjobi left. Rankins addresses that and forms a 3T rotation together with BJ Hill. We'll also add a NT be assured.

And yes I expect we'll go OT in Round 1.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 10:35 AM)Stewy Wrote: This is just silliness.  Everything is done right in hindsight.  And if my Uncle had breasts, he'd be my aunt.

Hitting on Chris Jones in the 2nd and Tyreek Hill in the 5th is just sillyness.

The Chiefs are where they are because of their draft success.

They picked Mahomes one pick after we wiffed on John Ross.
They picked Kelce at the top of the 3rd round.

Of course we drafted Burrow with the 1 overall, and we drafted Chase at 5 overall, and Higgins at the top of the 2nd.
Those players are a huge part of our success.
But imagine if we hit on a few more picks.
Bengals will need to start hitting on more draft picks soon because they won't have this kind of cap space forever.
Reply/Quote